Tell Us About Your Avatars!

+
Greetings, all,
I realised we've no topic on this (at least, we haven't for a long while), so, here we go: Please, tell us a wee bit about your avatar; why you chose it; whence it arose; what it means to you; or any other interesting, or amusing tales you'd care to share.

1618853071960.png

I'll start us off: For those who mayn't know already, mine's the Bard, from the 2004 game. Ay, this delightfully sarcastic, selfish, lute-strumming, cynical rogue doesn't accurately reflect my personal character -- nor all my ideas regarding heroism, of course -- but, I'm jolly fond of the old chap, nonetheless. He's been my face on the Forums since my earliest days, and, to a degree, illustrates three aspects of my outlook on adventures: Often enough, they don't play out as foreseen; even the most well-meaning hero makes mistakes; and, just sometimes, a dashed fool can do the world a bit of good. Heh.

How about ye, then?

My avatar is a glass dragon, an ornament that has purely sentimental value. I have the physical item in my bookshelf.

I like dragons, whether they be evil or good, and the avatar works perfectly with my username. I also think this particular dragon is rather cute, and it looks happy.

I've created four different versions of the original photo, using good old Paint. I change my avatar when calendar seasons change, meaning I have versions for winter (the first one and what sparked the idea), spring, summer, and autumn. Next change will be on June 1st, from spring to summer.
Here are all the four versions, along with the original photo:

dragonavs.png

My avatar is a Homeworld 1 game logo. Homeworld 1 is very dear to my heart. It has a song in the credits written by Yes, titled "The Ladder". You might know one of their other songs, titled "Roundabout"? Search it out later on YouTube. :)

I chose to contemplate Lord Vetinari, one of the characters I'm most fond of from the Discworld universe, created by the irreplaceable Terry Pratchett. I mused paying hommage to the writer himself, but I respect him far too much to just paste his photo up there.

If anyone cares for a recommendation of something funny yet clever to read, there you have it. I have literally fallen off my chair laughing once, may you fall off your chair as well.

My avatar is the Jester from the Darkest Dungeon, a game known for its gothic aesthetic. I like gothic stuff and jesters, especially those with a touch of darkness to them.

Eldritch Horror!! I used to have an ill-informed stock reply to the notion of 'turn-based games', then my gf introduced me to Darkest Dungeon via a) her cross-stitch patterns on etsy and b) it's Lovecraftian / Bloodborne-esque vibe. Saw it on sale in the PS store and swooped. What can I say, atmosphere for weeks. And weeks. And weeks. Oh the slow insidiousness of it all :love:(y)

As for my avatar, Chief Judge Cal and Deputy Chief Judge Fish, lunatic and henchfish from the mind of John Wagner, seemed a reasonable fit :whistle:

Guest 3847602

I think my first forum avatar was Phil Jones, Man United player best known for making dumbest faces achievable by a member of humanoid species.
1.jpg

Then I moved to Sterling Archer in his trademark pose.
2.jpg

Then, there was a brief period where I wanted to pay homage to our lord and savior - Dave Grohl.
3.jpg

I adopted image of Odrin's gwent card when the first forum change happened (well, the first one since I've been an active member).
4.jpg

Around the time when the second forum change occurred I finally decided to give Fringilla Vigo a go and stuck with it ever since. She's one of my favourite characters from The Witcher books and I still didn't entirely forgive CDPR for underutilizing her in their games. :disapprove:

I finally decided to give Fringilla Vigo a go and stuck with it ever since. She's one of my favourite characters from The Witcher books and I still didn't entirely forgive CDPR for underutilizing her in their games.
Ay, 'twas a bit of a head-scratcher, I'll admit. I still recall the disappointment expressed by some of our old friends, after release. (As it happens, I'm perusing The Lady of the Lake just now. Geralt bid Fringilla goodbye, a few chapters back. . . .)

Guest 3847602

Ay, 'twas a bit of a head-scratcher, I'll admit. I still recall the disappointment expressed by some of our old friends, after release. (As it happens, I'm perusing The Lady of the Lake just now. Geralt bid Fringilla goodbye, a few chapters back. . . .)
Yeah, I remember several forumites having Fringilla avatar back when I joined, @Ljesnjanin was the most vocal in his admiration. I think it was him who introduced the unwritten rule to use green letters everytime Fringilla was mentioned. Good times... :giggle:

473.jpg

My avatar is Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower. My favourite boss in Bloodbourne and my favourite in the Soulsbourne series mostly because it took me so long to beat her. Fair to say was soon as I beat her, I straight away bought her clothing set and started cosplaying as her in game. Her voice acting is top notch too, despite not saying a lot. Voiced by Eletta Muradasilova who voices quite a few characters in the soulsbourne games.

Lady Maria: "Only and honest death will cure you now."

Mine’s the main characters from River City Girls, the Kunio-kun/River City Ransom spin-off. I wanted to stick with a sort of “theme” with my username. I had recently played RCG when I made my account and thought it was a fun little play on words
.8C97B568-A812-4C7A-86BE-BA2AE960902F.jpeg

Beer suds on the glass I was drinking from.

I pretty much always looked at them - the Rorschach thing I guess - but never saw much until this on that day. 'Tis a long story & I could go real deep & dark with it, but yeah...very personal.

Ok...I'll try a short version.

It was at the end of a full-on day where I was at the crossroads or something. I had just lost another friend & after a bit of time to think about & process that stuff again, I realised I was kidding myself. I was still just keeping up appearances - trying to be someone I wasn't (harden the fvck up / stay strong / keep it inside /keep it together / she'll be right mate & all that). No. We need to talk about this stuff. It is not alright. I was not alright. Too many gone. Fuck. I let go & let fly...

Yada yada yada

Anywho...that one was the first pic I took. I took a couple more later in the night & a few more over the next few days, or week maybe (it was a long time ago). They are all intriguing to me (and to the few whom I have trusted them with) still & I truly believe they are glimpses of my soul or some shit. Scary (?). They remind me to keep it real (even when keeping it real goes wrong), remember & be thankful I am still here.

Not all are as dark as this one though. There is light (and wonder) in a couple.

Apologies if rambling. Haven't attempted (too chicken) to put this stuff in writing before.

Well I suppose mine cant be more obvious really.
She's V {headcannon lore: Callie} from Cyberpunk.
She's the second character I made, whereby for the first time I looked in much greater detail to the character creation to create this girl.

After my very first run of CP77 which I completed with like having seen 10% of the game, I wanted to create a new an unique character that I could use to go through the game muuuuch slower and far more thoroughly. A 'mission' started like 3 months back or whatever. And since then this very character has become my intrinsic baseline for 3 additional runs in the game which I'm doing in a more or less parallel fashion.
This very same character I recreated for PC with much backtracing of her facial features. As well as become the platform for my also headcannon alterego, Corpo Callie, where she sports a different hairstyle.

This very image was taken during a good session of some 4 hours where I had A LOT of fun with Yucca Telecon Tower, trying to get as high as I could reliably. I stand there posing somewhat behind the antenna dish halfway up the tower.
Full image
CP77_R2S1_TowerFun_Vpose.jpg

I discovered that I can pretty much no longer make a completely different V anymore.
She's my V of Cyberpunk2077 to what Lara Croft is for Tomb Raider. Iconic if you will.

Last edited:
View attachment 11211751
My avatar is Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower. My favourite boss in Bloodbourne and my favourite in the Soulsbourne series mostly because it took me so long to beat her. Fair to say was soon as I beat her, I straight away bought her clothing set and started cosplaying as her in game. Her voice acting is top notch too, despite not saying a lot. Voiced by Eletta Muradasilova who voices quite a few characters in the soulsbourne games.

Lady Maria: "Only and honest death will cure you now."
Nice! (y)Much like the Dancer in DS3, hard as hell (at least until you got the moves and your timing down) but never anything less than an epic, exquisite, choreographically beautiful ass-kicking.

Top Bottom