Tell Us About Your Avatars!

+

"TELL US ABOUT YOUR AVATARS!"

When Covid-19 hit, I came really down as it gravely changed our society for the worse. Everyone stayed at home, shops, theatre, museum, zoo's, library, schools, locked down. Where normally shopping streets were buzzling with people, now, were nothing short of a ghost town. Completely empty. It really made me depressed at some point, as this way of life went on with no hope of it ever returning the way it was.

When Cyberpunk 2077 launched, I made myself a member of these forums, and hoped they would serve as a nice distraction and positive influence from real life stress. As it was a brand new forum, thought of a nice brand new picture. If there are things that can cheer me up, those are sunny days and bright vivid colours. As the weather had been good for quite some time, all that was needed was a good colourful picture. Searched online and quickly stumbled on colours that were straight. But I wanted colours that came into existence out of an origin, because on most forums I've been your icon was round.

Didn't take long before I found this one which was exactly what I was looking for. Cropped it, placed the first letter of the account in the middle, and voila. very happy with it. Found there's no need to ever change it either. Started using it in every forum or site I go. Find it cool looking against the dark background theme.

My first avatar come from Pinoko, which is one of the fictional characters from Osamu Tezuka's manga "Black Jack".

The second, the current one, is the jacket of "Flying By Wire" by Trocadero

And the third one, If I change my avatar again, it would be:

Dearest @ooodrin
I think I remember all 4 avatars of yours, especially the first one. But I didn't realize he was Phil Jones at that time.
Thanks for the tip. LOL :LOL:

rrc

Forum veteran
[Sorry for a rather big boring story. You have been warned.]
I am from a place called Tamilnadu from India. I have been playing Age of Mythology (and the Titan's expansion) for nearly 20+ years I think. From my first computer with Celeron 600 PC where the game will lag so much that even a potential 15-20 mins game will take more than an hour. Never knew about online multiplayer possibility and always played against computer in Hard difficulty thinking that is a great achievement and Titan difficulty is just impossible and a joke from the developer. Some 10-12 years later I got to know that 'we can play against other human players' using Gameranger.

I got too excited. I still haven't learned that I was still an utter noob despite playing for 10 years. I would know every single card's description/story, their stats everything, but still a big noob. So, I when I got to know about this sudden new world of opportunity, I asked my friends (who all do the same things) to form a clan (as though we were going to rule the world) and we wanted to come up with a name for the clan. We spent a lot of time and finalized on the name "Morattu Kaalaigal" meaning "untamed/untameable/ferocious Bulls" (plural) - also because we were a huge fan of the movie star Rajini and one of his famous movies is "Morattu Kaalai" (singular).

So, we tagged the clan as [MK] and played our first game and got our ass handed to us in 10 mins. Our immediate reaction was, of course, people were cheating. So saw the recorded game and realised how to actually play the game. Though we were humbled and got to know the reality, it didn't stop us from using the clan name which we got very fond of and got sentimental too.. our first clan in the wide open world. When we formed the clan, one of my friends/clan-mates searched for Angry Bull (I think) in google and got this image and shared it with us and our love/attachment for our clan increased multi fold as we thought this was such an amazing cool art perfectly describing our mental vision of our clan. I don't know who is the original artist (this should be at least 8-10 years old art), who I should attribute this to, but I loved this art so much that this has been my profile picture anywhere I can to keep a profile picture (WhatsApp, Slack, Forums, everywhere).
[end of story]

Now, dear @Riven-Twain, don't you dare create a new thread asking us to explain our usernames.. because that story will be even bigger and even more boring.. :p:p Thanks for creating this thread and make me rewind and have all the fond memories and flashbacks of forming a clan with my closest friends.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, i have used this avatar on these forums since i joined them, a few years ago.

Its obviously a stunning Ciri cosplayer (from the Witcher series), and i just want to take this opportunity to clarify its not me, sorry to disappoint anyone who might have thought that was the case.

In fact, i feel kinda bad for not knowing the source of the image to be able to give credit to her, and for using her image for so long without permission, but please consider it a form of homage, and to show my appreciation for the character.

Note: this is my 2500th post, on the 5000th i might consider changing my avatar :ohstopit:

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, i have used this avatar on these forums since i joined them, a few years ago.

Its obviously a stunning Ciri cosplayer (from the Witcher series), and i just want to take this opportunity to clarify its not me, sorry to disappoint anyone who might have thought that was the case.

In fact, i feel kinda bad for not knowing the source of the image to be able to give credit to her, and for using her image for so long without permission, but please consider it a form of homage, and to show my appreciation for the character.

Note: this is my 2500th post, on the 5000th i might consider changing my avatar :ohstopit:
Wow! 2500th post!! What a great coincidence! I thought it was some kind of screenshot from game or some animated image! Never thought it was an actual person cosplaying as it is very very close to the Ciri as we knew/saw!

This is my Coat of Arms, but I could not find a good image of it on the computer I was on when I joined the forum so...

lol... well I have been in medieval martial arts for over 40 years. I started as very young man in a "club" born in Berkeley California University, (around the late 70s) that then quickly grew into a world wide incorporated organization in only a hand full of years. We do full contact full speed combat. This allowed our group to rediscover a lot of the techniques that were lost (at least to us in the USA) until ancient and medieval manuscripts by the European masters started to get translated and seriously academically studied.

Because we had almost no guidance up to that point we took a "physics" approach to the combat to discover what the sword and shield techniques could have been. We focused on power in the beginning, but after a while we discovered other aspects such as Timing and Deception.

When I joined I had been a stage magician (started when I was about 8 years old ). I recognized that the fundamentals of magicians could in fact be applied to sword combat to trick opponents into doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. :p

I was particularly gifted at this kind of "outside the box" combat so I was able to overcome some of my physical handicaps to earn our organizations highest rankings (sometimes to the chagrin of my bigger, faster, stronger and, uhm... thinner peers). ;)

After I hurt my back enough to force me out of competition (I had a good 40 year run so I am not too bitter anymore) I wrote a book on my techniques called Trompe L'oeil.

I did a quick searched of the internet to see if I could find a scan someplace of my coat of arms and found a picture of it on the cover of my book on Ebay where a copy was being re-sold! So I thought it would be funny to use that one "temporally".

Last edited:
This is my third avatar I think.

The one you see now is Father Gascoigne from Bloodborne. I just finished the game a few days ago and it quickly became one of my favorite games of all time. Truly an experience I will never forget.

I picked Gascoigne because I like his character design. And he has a cool hat!

father_gascoigne_184x184.jpg

Post automatically merged:

View attachment 11211751
My avatar is Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower. My favourite boss in Bloodbourne and my favourite in the Soulsbourne series mostly because it took me so long to beat her. Fair to say was soon as I beat her, I straight away bought her clothing set and started cosplaying as her in game. Her voice acting is top notch too, despite not saying a lot. Voiced by Eletta Muradasilova who voices quite a few characters in the soulsbourne games.

Lady Maria: "Only and honest death will cure you now."
Ahhh, a fellow hunter I see.

Lady Maria is indeed one of the best bosses in the game. I especially remember how hard it was to acquire her weapon lol.

My favorite bosses in Bloodborne are Gehrman and Ludwig. The music, dialogue, cutscenes, everything about them is so good.

Last edited:
This is my third avatar I think.

The one you see now is Father Gascoigne from Bloodborne. I just finished the game a few days ago and it quickly became one of my favorite games of all time. Truly an experience I will never forget.

I picked Gascoigne because I like his character design. And he has a cool hat!

View attachment 11212375
Post automatically merged:

Ahhh, a fellow hunter I see.

Lady Maria is indeed one of the best bosses in the game. I especially remember how hard it was to acquire her weapon lol.

My favorite bosses in Bloodborne are Gehrman and Ludwig. The music, dialogue, cutscenes, everything about them is so good.
A warm greetings to you fellow hunter :)

i think it's telling that human sized bosses are some of the best in Bloodbourne.
It took me ages to get Maria's weapon as well lol. Almost as long as it took me to beat her!

DC9V

Forum veteran
Misty.png

The moon! ...Interesting.

My avatar shows an engraving published by John Keill at the beginning of the 18th century in his book Introductio ad Veram Astronomiam.
(1718 or 1725) I don't know anything else about this person or his book.
Joanne Keill.png

I found it while I was creating a photo collection for a screensaver on my Macintosh.
Here are some more fotos from that collection.

Paintings by
Scott Listfield:

3.jpg4.jpg13.jpg9.jpg11.jpg2.jpg

Nasa / Others:
673220main_Grissom and Young - Norman Rockwell_1600-1200.jpg700378main_sunrise-suit-up 4x3_800-600.jpg706032main_Titan-Daniel-Zeller 4x3_800-600.jpg706152main_when thoughts turn inwards_1024-768.jpg
1949russiankosmic03.jpg1949russiankosmic05.jpg1949russiankosmic06.jpg1949russiankosmic10.jpg1949russiankosmic02.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom