Temerian Succession (the LaValettes) in Witcher 3 *spoilers*

+
Temerian Succession (the LaValettes) in Witcher 3 *spoilers*

I was hoping that Witcher 3 would address one of the most significant plot points in Assassins of Kings - the question of Foltest's successor as ruler of Temeria. He sought to legitimize his bastards, Anais and Boussy LaValette, but met a grisly end at the castle. If Geralt chose to help Roche in Loc Muinne, then they set out to rescue Anais and legitimize her with the support of John Natalis and the Temerian nobles. The plot concludes with Roche either taking Anais into hiding or letting Radovid become her ward.

However, i was disappointed that she was not mentioned at all in Wild Hunt. You encounter Baroness LaValette in Novigrad and she doesn't even bother to talk about her daughter, the heir to the throne? Radovid doesn't talk about her either. One of the endings for Witcher 3 is Temeria becoming a vassal state under Nilfgaard, and it would make sense for Anais to be mentioned here.

So was this plot point overlooked by CDPR? Will it be addressed in the expansions or is it insignificant in the grand scheme of politics in the Northern Kingdoms.

Last edited:
If you choose to not import a savegame you will get questioned by General Voorhes (is it spelled like that?). If you tell him you saved Anais instead of Triss, he will comment on it.

Boussy however is dead as far as we know.

Its weird tho that Baroness LaValette doesnt really comment on it.

I was hoping that Witcher 3 would address one of the most significant plot points in Assassins of Kings - the question of Foltest's successor as ruler of Temeria. He sought to legitimize his bastards, Anais and Boussy LaValette, but met a grisly end at the castle. If Geralt chose to help Roche in Loc Muinne, then they set out to rescue Anais and legitimize her with the support of John Natalis and the Temerian nobles. The plot either concludes with Roche taking Anais into hiding or letting Radovid become her ward.

However, i was disappointed that she was not mentioned at all in Wild Hunt. You encounter Baroness LaValette in Novigrad and she doesn't even bother to talk about her daughter, the heir to the throne? Radovid doesn't talk about her either. One of the endings for Witcher 3 is Temeria becoming a vassal state under Nilfgaard, and it would make sense for Anais to be mentioned here.

So was this overlooked by CDPR? Will it be addressed in the expansions?

Baroness LaValette doesn't know her daughter is alive, though, since she's on the run with Roche potentially or a prisoner of Redania, a subject of John Nataliss.

Roche has seemingly taken over John Nataliss' position as head of Temeria in Exile, though, so I wonder if Nataliss is dead.

Either way, I'm a little disappointed that Anais is so important as Adda was Radovid's wife in my games.

That should mean Adda is Queen of Temeria. Foltest didn;'t intend for her to inherit but Adda can press her claim as heir due to being Radovid's consort.

Last edited:
Top Bottom