Temerian Valuables Quest Bug.

+
Temerian Valuables Quest Bug.

I have the key and I am in the basement, but the chest wont.light up and says unlock yet wont open. I have tried reloading and meditation, but nothing works so i cant complete this quest, this is on PS4.

Last edited:
I have the same issue on Xbox One. I have the Temerian Lily Key, but can't open the chest in the concealed basement. Context menu shows "A: Unlock", but nothing happens when I press A.

Last edited:
I think that chest belongs to the Deserters Gold quest. It should use the same key, but I guess it won't unlock unless you have that quest in your log. Problem is, the quest won't trigger for some reason after you read the Spys notes that are found in the woods behind the mill.

I have the same problem in PC. I found the house and the key while exploring. I opened the chest and got the loot. I did not receive the quest until sometime later. I followed the quest marker back to the mill and house, but because I already opened the chest it will not let me open it again... quest bugged.

Same on PC, chest does not appear with witcher sense activated and does not unlock even though i have the key in the inventory. Already downloaded 1.04 patch and still the same issue.

This bug is new in 1.04 I got the key after finding the loot in 1.02 and it was fine in 1.04 the quest wont finish unless you get the key first.

I am having the same bug. I found the mill house before getting the Quest. I looted the place. Now I have the key and there is, I think, a new chest for the quest. One a didn't look before, but the game will not let me open it. It's like the chest is not there, Witcher vision will not pick it up and I can't use the key on it. I have found that reseting the game and starting from 0 will "fix" the problem, but only if you get the key before going into the Mill House. But I don't wana start the game again and I don't wana fear that I can;t finish a Quest if I go out and Explore the world, loot a place and then find out that is was a Quest Area.

I think that chest belongs to the Deserters Gold quest. It should use the same key, but I guess it won't unlock unless you have that quest in your log. Problem is, the quest won't trigger for some reason after you read the Spys notes that are found in the woods behind the mill.

The spy notes won't give you a quest if you already looted some containers in that mill.

As noted by OP, the key is already in our possession...

In which inventory exactly? your quest items tab?

This quest is part of a three quest bug, that you have to do in a very specific order to get them out of the log.

Warning Spoilers: Curing Quest OCD (Temerian Valuables, Dirty Funds, Deserter Gold)

1. Pick up Temerian Key off dead body by bridge.
2. Swim in water open chest, start Temerian by picking up book (Read Book, Starts Temerian Valuables Quest)
3. This quest will direct you to an abandoned house near the mill, (DO NOT OPEN ANY CHESTS YET).
4. Proceed up the hill passed the abandoned house to the dead spy camp, loot body, (Read note, Starts Deserter Gold Quest)
5. This quest will direct you to same abandoned house near the mill, (DO NOT OPEN ANY CHESTS YET).
6. Move down hill slightly to abandoned Temerian Camp, Loot everything (Completes, Deserter Gold, Starts Dirty Funds Quest)
7. Go back to abandoned house, Loot all non-red Chests (Completes, Dirty Funds Quest), (Loot Red Chest, Completes Temerian Valuables Quest)
8. Do a happy dance, your OCD is cured.

---------- Updated at 08:26 PM ----------

Note: If you already have a bugged log, you will not be able to fix this.

This quest is part of a three quest bug, that you have to do in a very specific order to get them out of the log.

Warning Spoilers: Curing Quest OCD (Temerian Valuables, Dirty Funds, Deserter Gold)

1. Pick up Temerian Key off dead body by bridge.
2. Swim in water open chest, start Temerian by picking up book (Read Book, Starts Temerian Valuables Quest)
3. This quest will direct you to an abandoned house near the mill, (DO NOT OPEN ANY CHESTS YET).
4. Proceed up the hill passed the abandoned house to the dead spy camp, loot body, (Read note, Starts Deserter Gold Quest)
5. This quest will direct you to same abandoned house near the mill, (DO NOT OPEN ANY CHESTS YET).
6. Move down hill slightly to abandoned Temerian Camp, Loot everything (Completes, Deserter Gold, Starts Dirty Funds Quest)
7. Go back to abandoned house, Loot all non-red Chests (Completes, Dirty Funds Quest), (Loot Red Chest, Completes Temerian Valuables Quest)
8. Do a happy dance, your OCD is cured.

---------- Updated at 08:26 PM ----------

Note: If you already have a bugged log, you will not be able to fix this.

I've the same problem of other players on pc version 1.06 and can't follow your's step because I'm too far with the game and is illogic to reload almost from the start the game...

There isn't another solution?

Top Bottom