[Temporary manual fix 1.05] - Crafting Runestones and Glyphs

+
[Temporary manual fix 1.05] - Crafting Runestones and Glyphs

After discovering the annoying new bug regarding runes and glyphs, I made a couple test to check something that I thought: indeed, in 1.05, all the glyphs/runestones are NEW items, you can check it buying/crafting/dropping one of them while you have others of the same type in inventory - they don't stack, old and new.

So, if you want to be able to craft again runes and glyphs, you can "exchange" the old ones with the new ones, using the console mod you can find on NexusMods.

As an example, let's say that you have 3 Lesser Svarog Runestones in inventory, and you can't craft with them a Svarog one. Bring down the console, and type:

additem('Rune svarog lesser',3)

and just drop (and forget) the old ones.

For all the "codes" of the various runes/glyphs, you can check them here: http://www.mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/

The only rune that I'm not able to create is the Chernobog one, since apparently no one knows the actual name in the internal database of the item, if anyone discovers it please let us all know.

Edit: just found that the chernobog code is "elemental".

Hope this helps. ;)

Last edited:
I'm curious, does this bug only happen if you had a prior save to updating? Or, if one was to start a new game would this bug still happen?

I'm curious, does this bug only happen if you had a prior save to updating? Or, if one was to start a new game would this bug still happen?

I guess it would not happen, since all the runes/glyphs obtained in patch 1.05 are "good to go" for the purpose of crafting.

Yepp, confirmed. This works just fine. Many thanks for finding this workaround. Yours is obviously much better than mine :D
Will delete my thread regarding this bug.

I guess it would not happen, since all the runes/glyphs obtained in patch 1.05 are "good to go" for the purpose of crafting.

I have obtained a number of lesser runes/glyphs since 1.05, but none of them are craftable right now . Very odd.

But I am VERY happy about this workaround. :D

Last edited:
Galandil'

Thx so much for your Edit re: Chernobog = elemental! I've been going nuts for days trying to 'conjure-up' Greater chernobog runestones in the De-bug console.

Cheers, mate.:thumbup:
ChadwickD

Top Bottom