Terrible map with DLSS

+
Despite the fact that no-one in this thread said that, of course it occurs at 1080p if you use the same DLSS Ultra Performance setting. It's not DLSS Ultra: it's Ultra Performance. it means that it runs faster but the quality is worse. And it get's worse the lower you set your display resolution.

best DLSS modes for each resolution:
8K: Ultra Performance
4K: Performance or Balanced
1440p: Balanced or Quality
1080p: (Quality or) OFF

I don't say that this graphic issue isn't fixable. I'm saying that you should not expect issues to be fixed when you're outside the recommended zone. You said that you...

...but your card is not recommended for playing this game at 4K, even with RT disabled.
And you also need to keep in mind that these are minimum system requirements. Just because it works, doesn't mean it's guaranteed to look pretty.

If I had issues with performance, I would've posted questions about performance, which I had NO problem with. My original question deals with the map issue only. Yet you keep dragging in a completely different & irrelevant issue that I didn't bring up and lectured me about it. Your posts have been utterly, unquestionably, irredeemably useless from beginning to end, and isn't that ironic.

P.S. Here is the poster who had the map issue under 1080p, buddy. I was the one asking for help at first, yet I've been straightening you more than you helping me.

Last edited:
DLSS Is overrated crap, if you have to lean on this trash tech for your game to run properly you have done a very poor job at optimsation. I don't know how anyone can tell me that DLSS looks good. It looks worse than film grain, CA and motion blur combined. It adds aliasing to anything if you move your character, which is all the time, anything like carpets or clothing with lines look awful, hair looks awful. Yet digital foundry just love this tech like its something sent from god.

If you think 2060 Super is "absolutely not for 4k gaming," then feel free to watch my 4k game videos captured with this card with high settings in games. My card only suffers in games with RT at 4K. It runs great at 2160p with no RT. It runs fine at 1080p with RT. Recent games with no RT such as Borderlands 3, Doom Eternal, Fallout 76, Outer Worlds, etc., my 2060 Super performs swimmingly at 4k at high settings. And as I said, DLSS looks better than I expected in CP2077, and ONLY the map looks awful. If the map is the only issue, I blame the game, not my card.
Post automatically merged:

But DLSS in CP2077 still looks better than DLSS in earlier games such as Control and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I set DLSS at max ("ultra performance") in CP2077 and it looks better than those game's DLSS set at less than max. DLSS apparently has improved and I'm confident that it will continue to improve.
You are delusional if you think a 2060 Super is suitable for newer demanding games at 4k. Even my 2080 Super was not even close enough to being a 60 fps card in those demanding games even with settings lowered quite a bit. Heck I also have a 2060 Super and its not even enough to hold 60 fps in many newer demanding games at just 1440p on max or even sometimes with a few settings knocked down. Borderlands 3 has to run on the preset under the max and use 90% scale at 1440p to try and hold 60 fps.

Anyway the point about DLSS was that the other games with 2.0 version do NOT have worse aliasing than native res like it does in this game.

Last edited:
[...]

DLSS Is overrated crap, if you have to lean on this trash tech for your game to run properly you have done a very poor job at optimsation. I don't know how anyone can tell me that DLSS looks good. It looks worse than film grain, CA and motion blur combined. It adds aliasing to anything if you move your character, which is all the time, anything like carpets or clothing with lines look awful, hair looks awful. Yet digital foundry just love this tech like its something sent from god.

DLSS looked bad in earlier games but NOT THIS GAME, even at max DLSS. I wouldn't believe it before playing the game but I'm seeing it with my own eyes. Of course it looks better without it, but even at max its quality far exceeds my expectations. It's called optimizing my wallet too, buddy. I'm not going to fork over for a series 30 card if the game looks this good already with my 2060 Super.

You are delusional if you think a 2060 Super is suitable for newer demanding games at 4k. Even my 2080 Super was not even close enough to being a 60 fps card in those demanding games even with settings lowered quite a bit. Heck I also have a 2060 Super and its not even enough to hold 60 fps in many newer demanding games at just 1440p on max or even sometimes with a few settings knocked down. Borderlands 3 has to run on the preset under the max and use 90% scale at 1440p to try and hold 60 fps.

Anyway the point about DLSS was that the other games with 2.0 version do NOT have worse aliasing than native res like it does in this game.

I didn't say I have to get 60fps. I get 40-50 fps comfortably in Borderlands 3, Outer Worlds, Witcher 3, Doom Eternal Fallout 76, etc., at high settings at 2160p. As I said to the other entity, feel free to watch my gameplay videos at 4k.

Yes, the game has aliasing issue, but DLSS is about TEXTURES, which this game does better than other games. What ruins the picture more, a few flickery lines, or badly sampled textures all over the place? Textures occupy a much bigger area on the screen. The OVERALL picture is much more dependent on DLSS texture quality than a few aliasing issues.

Last edited:
i can't belive how anoying and useless are everyone in this forum,
yeah all inventory looks like crap with dlss turned on even quality mode , i have a 2070s playing at 1440p on quality all inventory looks like the blurriest hell it look worse than 720p, how is that possible at quality mode?, im crafting like a maniac in this game and i spent almost all my time killing and browsing my inventory, its looks like crap, dlss off, and Static CAS on its better than dealing with this usless guys it has noting to do with the cards and the drivers dipshits

There really needs to be an option to use DLSS in game but turn it off when using the map, inventory, etc, where it's not needed. Hell, it would be nice if the DLSS setting automatically adjusted to keep the game at a target framerate. You would think that setting it to auto would do that, but it doesn't seem to.

DC9V

Forum veteran
-
i can't belive how anoying and useless are everyone in this forum,
yeah all inventory looks like crap with dlss turned on even quality mode , i have a 2070s playing at 1440p on quality all inventory looks like the blurriest hell it look worse than 720p, how is that possible at quality mode?, im crafting like a maniac in this game and i spent almost all my time killing and browsing my inventory, its looks like crap, dlss off, and Static CAS on its better than dealing with this usless guys it has noting to do with the cards and the drivers dipshits
I don't have these issues with DLSS_Quality at 1440p.

Does it help to disable Anisotropic Sample Optimization in the Nvidia Control Panel?

DLSS gets way too much praise in this game anyway. In Death Stranding it cleared up most of the aliasing as that game has insane jaggies and crawling when in and around the areas with buildings if not using it. CP 2077 though has MORE aliasing when using DLSS and its quite distracting on some objects.

It's gotten better in Death Stranding lately, with updates. However, you have to run your game at full native res, with it on, for best results.

In this game, I cannot run it on any reasonable settings at 4K without Extreme Performance DLSS. So, I just lower my total resolution and use Image Sharpening on it at 75% of 4k I do this for many titles to squeeze out higher settings.

Quality DLSS is best, but Balanced and Performance aren't total slouches, just a bit more noticeable. Extreme Performance makes it work at even 4K with Psycho settings for Ray Tracing & Ultra all and Psycho occlusion, but it's just not that tolerable visually, as that DLSS option causes blurring and ghosting, along with great frames per second, though.

So, I go to my option of 75% of 4k and attempt DLSS on Balanced, Performance or Quality depending on location. However, even that isn't stable with this game always, but some other times it's fine, I'll just wait for patches at this point.

Also, I must note, I see this worst when Extreme Performance is being used, but, the jaggy appearance of the map clearly reminds me, I'm upscaling with DLSS. lol

Last edited:
-

I don't have these issues with DLSS_Quality at 1440p.

Does it help to disable Anisotropic Sample Optimization in the Nvidia Control Panel?

of course it's disabled and does nothing about this issue dude please if your not traying to help please refrain from posting
Post automatically merged:

It's a bug in the game not DLSS, mirrors and UI viewports are displayed at the native lower resolution and not upscaled.
For mirrors there's a fix https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/511/ for UI viewports there isn't currently.

thnks dude i'll look into this, UI atm its most important than mirrors for me but thanks

Top Bottom