Terrible pacing

+
Because of the amazing addition of Keanu and his character/motives and the overarching plot as a whole, there are certain things that have to be limited when it comes to choice. For example, I haven't really been able to play a Corpo who just wants to go back, instead V constantly talks about how he doesn't miss it. I understand why, but would be great to have yet more opportunities to role play.

Never thought I'd say it, but... I think Keanu was a mistake. Love the guy, but I really do feel his star power is a big reason why CP77's story feels like a jumbled mess. They felt like he should be the star and the focus, and with it miss the point of an RPG game's purpose to make the player's character 'the hero', not some famous NPC played by a famous actor.

Makes me think back to the days of Oblivion where they got Patrick Motherfricking Stewart to do the voice of the Emperor.... for all of 20 minutes you get to see of him before he dies.

I feel you don't get nearly enough time with Jackie. He is only with you for story missions and it's over so fast I didn't feel anything when the inevitable happens.

It's weird there isn't a personal side quest for Jackie. The Witcher 3 has many personal quests for Geralt's loved ones.

Even inviting him in the apartment or going out would help developing the relationship...certainly more than the awful montage did. It's like they can't wait to rush you to Keanu Reeves...
Post automatically merged:

Because of the amazing addition of Keanu and his character/motives and the overarching plot as a whole, there are certain things that have to be limited when it comes to choice. For example, I haven't really been able to play a Corpo who just wants to go back, instead V constantly talks about how he doesn't miss it. I understand why, but would be great to have yet more opportunities to role play.

It would've been great, actually. Immagine the scenario.
Silverhand trapped in the head of an Arasaka shill
. The potential...

Last edited:
This was my number 1 worry about the game they went to the other extreme when it comes to length ,the fact that they are catering to people who did not finish the witcher 3 is just weird ,yes the witcher 3 was too long and yes the story felt bloated at times ,but it was at the same time it did not leaving me wanting more ,i feel that the story said everything that needed to be said the story was fleshed out.

people were expecting quality over quantity and as someone who has been playing their games since the witcher 1 i knew this will not be the case , like everyone else said ,there should have been more time exploring characters like Tbug and Jackie getting to know them more ,the ending for the prologue/interlude was phenomenal tbh but it could have hit harder knowing these characters more.

i heard that the side content are connected to the main story and will make it better ,i hope this is the case.

Guest 4406876

I don't think there is a solution for this game's story, other than pretending it does not have one, the only way to enjoy this game.
I'm inclined to agree, but in the end what I am supposed to do in night city besides playing The Division?

you do not seem to be a corpo mentally after you get kicked out... I mean it is only natural- if V had a life for years , even after it is in fact over , then he should keep some psychological aspects in his new style, but I felt this did not happen

Exactly, it felt too much of a sudden "night to day" change, to me. Glad I'm not the only one who have felt like that.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think there is a solution for this game's story, other than pretending it does not have one, the only way to enjoy this game.
That's what I'm currently doing, to be honest. I'm like "yeah, yeah, keep talking", I spam the yellow option in dialogues (which is the only one advancing story whatsoever, making the whole process as linear as a japanese VN) watch them clipping through any possible asset, and trying to troll Johnny Silverhand any dialogue chance I get.

Last edited:
When I started playing corpo, I expected to work for corporation at least for a few (ingame) days. So that when they kick me out, it will feel like a major change in V's life.
Nope, it's literally 5-10 minutes, depending on how much you loot locations.

Same can be said about Jackie. Corpo V knows him for a long time, which means player will not experience meeting him for the first time. Instead player is forced to accept him as the best friend from second 1.
And the following time skip (where V and Jackie spend time together) does not help either. Time skip makes V and Jackie closer, but it does not make Jackie closer to the player.

All this very much reminded me about main character's brother/sister in intro of Dragon Age 2, where we are supposed to care about the death of a character we never seen before.

I dunno about other paths. But the corpo intro is very rushed. Very very rushed.

That's interesting, part of the reason of why I chose corpo was the fact that Jackie was already Vs bestfriend, it made sense for me cause it was the start that made his death more impactful and shattering for V. After all, if you just met him and he drops dead a few days later its not that impactful. Having said that I haven't played nomad or street kid yet but I know from reviews that corpo was the only life path where you start as Jackie's bestie, could be wrong idk.

Other reason for choosing corpo is the fact that am a corporate slave myself IRL and I finally found a game that allowed me to roleplay attempting to take a corporation down. :D

Top Bottom