Tested: Draw Distance Mod AND Improved NPC behavior Mod THEY WORK!!!

+
Until official patches come out to (hopefully) fix a lot of things, I've tested out some of the mods already made for the game (PC only of course).

The draw distance in the game has a LOT of pop-in problems, and with hotfix 1.06, some of the problems got worse. Both my personal experience and Youtuber's have shown that the draw distance seems to actually have been shortened by hotfix 1.05 or 1.06.

With the draw distance mod, you can increase the distance, reducing a LOT of pop-in issues. It does come with a performance hit (obviously, cause the game is now rendering more geometry), but I found a sweet spot with my RTX 2070 that stops dozens of clutter items, NPC civilians, and such to not be so jarringly noticeable (I have my draw distance ini set to a boost of 50).

The improved NPC mod also REALLY makes crowds more believeable. NPC's avoid each other better, walk better, and navigate the world a lot better. All it consists of is an ini file with some minor adjustments but the impact in the game is immediately noticeable.

So until CPDR makes an official fix, I highly suggest people take a look at these. As for CPDR, I hope they take notice of what the modding community is doing to help correct and improve things as well. Having these changes native to the game rather than needing to be implemented via mods would be ideal.

Until CD Projekt Red finds a better solution, it's best for low end users not to use these mods. Performance impact on draw distance mod might be more expected, but tweaking AI's settings can also hit the performance. For example, when you increase avoidance values, that means more calculation = more performance hit.

So I believe low end PC owners should avoid these mods. :)

Until CD Projekt Red finds a better solution, it's best for low end users not to use these mods. Performance impact on draw distance mod might be more expected, but tweaking AI's settings can also hit the performance. For example, when you increase avoidance values, that means more calculation = more performance hit.

So I believe low end PC owners should avoid these mods. :)

I have released an update to 'Alternate Crowd Behavior' with a light version that does not increase ray checks or distances, just behavior

I just installed the Alternate Crowd Behavior mod and have increased the distance at which NPCs disappear,--this thankfully seems to have worked!--but I can’t find how to increase the distance at which NPCs spawn—they’re still materializing in front of me like magic, which is really distracting.

Can anyone point me to the setting I need to change? Or maybe that just isn’t possible yet?

Guest 4564903

Been using both these mods for quite a while, they both work and do a great job as long as your rig can handle it.

Top Bottom