Texture flickering since the new patch

+
Texture flickering since the new patch

A rather annoying problem has surfaced for me with the newest patch and it is texture flickering. When walking I see bits of ground texture before me flicker and when up and close to those spots they seem strange, almost a bit pixely in nature. I did not have the problem before the patch, so any help/tips would be welcome.

It's caused by the change to minmap bias in the new patch.
It's been set to -1.
You can fix the shimmering by going into your GPU driver and clamping the "Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias" setting.
This is for the Nvidia control panel, but if I remember right AMD control panel had that option too somewhere.

It's caused by the change to minmap bias in the new patch.
It's been set to -1.
You can fix the shimmering by going into your GPU driver and clamping the "Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias" setting.
This is for the Nvidia control panel, but if I remember right AMD control panel had that option too somewhere.

Thank you very much, that ended the flickering, does clamping have any other effects?
It seems like the pop in might be a tad worse.

Thank you very much, that ended the flickering, does clamping have any other effects?
It seems like the pop in might be a tad worse.

Pop-in has nothing to do with tex lod bias. Clamping it is literally only doing what it says. it's clamping the mip lod bias. eg: clamp(tex.MinLOD, 0.0, FLT_MAX) so it can't be set to anything below 0.0.

Top Bottom