Texture Mod Limit

+
Texture Mod Limit

Has anyone else noticed that the game seems to have a limit of how many texture mods you can install?

For me, once I install too many of them the game will simply pick a texture mod that it will no longer load, if I try to force those that were deactivated via mod priority via the "mods.settings" to still be used I get some really weird visual bugs. Also if you keep adding more texture mods beyond this point you can get stuck on an infinite loading screen when traveling between zones. Should I deactivate one or few texture mods myself however everything goes back to working normally once more.

This might not be a big problem right now but it can become very problematic in the not so distant future with more texture mods being released for The Witcher 3.

I'm not entirely where that limit is since I'm not sure if all types of texture alterations have an effect on this but the limit seems to be around 20-25 texture mods before things start to break..

Yup. I noticed it, I had to pack all mods into 1 bundle/metadata/texture.cache.

And thank god for Mod Kitchen. Major headache avoided!

Still this is really something CDPR should be looking in to, having such a low limit where most mods are either going to be mostly scripts or textures is a bit silly to say the least.

Last edited:
@mordek so you unbundled/unpacked each texture mod and just made it all one big texture mod?

I have around 56 or 57 mod folders in my witcher3/mods directory containing script mods and 30-32 texture mods. All my texture mods show up correctly and all my script mods work correctly. The only texture mods I cant get to work are the Hair LOD Distance mods, The Triss Auburn Hair Texture Mod and the Triss Face LOD Texture Mod, they all result in an infinite loading screen. But I think the Triss Face LOD mod wont work gets stuck in an infinite loading screen because I use MKMTriss face texture.

The only texture mods I cant get to work are the Hair LOD Distance mods, The Triss Auburn Hair Texture Mod and the Triss Face LOD Texture Mod, they all result in an infinite loading screen. But I think the Triss Face LOD mod wont work gets stuck in an infinite loading screen because I use MKMTriss face texture.

Those mods are incompatible. Try setting priority in mods.settings or remove one of these. I'm playing with Hair LOD and Triss Auburn mod so just remove MKMTriss face texture.

Top Bottom