Textures Loading in Front of YOU ?

+
Nothing. Welcome to the world of a "unified build" with consoles.
I don't remember a console game this generation which had this issue, if i were you i'd say "Welcome to the world of bad coding"...

Last edited:
yea, there's some sort of LOD bug, it affects animations too. and some sort of entity management bug, when many NPCs are spawned.

also, OP is running on LOW settings (or appears that way, maybe its just the AA and compression, AA sucks)... so it can exacerbate this problem further (so even large objects like walls may suffer from it).

although, the last image looks more like some issue with the mipmap, rather than LOD, cuz i doubt a texture that bad exists in it...

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...port-bug-(need-testing)?p=1746436#post1746436

could just be a r9 series bug. those drivers have issues with W3 atm. theres a thread somewhere with win10 driver instructions. but i dunno... don't own one. own 7870.

Last edited:
i did a fresh install from gog !

Uninstalled everything, deleted all folders, kept the saved game !
I have the game bought, i have the discs, but I installed it b downloading it in gog and waiting for it to install itself !
After that without changing or tweaking anything - started a new game, after that started my save that i kept, both have same problem !

This is not an issue i saw in any game to tell you the truth !
I have wolfensiten installed - didnt noticed, or didnt play long enough, and ofc SKYRIM with 300+mods - 4k everything allmost - i run it at 30-40fps - but i dont see that texture loading anywhere, i do see it sometimes but its because i have 2 layers of textures for the same thing from the mods,

I have played a lot of open world games, but this is the 1st time i see this garbage !

The ideea is that they made the game so poor, and expected people to not ecognize this error as they move along, just like poping npcs, clothes, tattos, shoados, foliage etc !
This is something that needs to be repaired and quick - if i payed money for a broken game the someone is gonna have a broken face

this is a common issue on many many games: recently for exemplar Wolfenstein the New Blood had issues with it. Skyrim had issues with it.
Lots and lots of games have issues with it in fact!
and lots and lost of times there is simply no fix for it either!
THATS what people fail to understand.
in an open world or shooter level your dealing with a constantly changing environment that will load textures in and out and adjust resource uses millions of time throughout a session.
in something like Project Cars thats not happening half as much..the same textures are being loaded round the track, the cars, the road surfaces etc are all being repeatedly loaded or simply cached for quick access.

Have you guys tried letting windows handle your system page files? have you changed your windows page files locations and sizes?
in Wolfenstein you could manually create a folder in %appdata% that then allowed the game to cache texture files! worked wonders! (the fix was also used in older ID games like RAGE)

with Witcher 3 we have no experience of the game engine appart from the game itself.
Maybe there will be a quick fix out there, or eventually the game will be patched to cache and handle textures far better.
but, as has been stated, swearing and throwing your rattle out of your pram certainly wont help you at ll whatsoever!

finally.
just because someone is running an i7 with an SSD and 16gb ram doesnt mean they know how to set up an ini file correctly or keep their pc running correctly!
one might hope thats not the case; but in 25 years of building and repairing these infernal devices i can tell you now ive met some bloody stupid people that ruin awesome machines with stupid installs and generally being a prat!
its the same argument: my machine is beast! it will run (insert game here) at uber settings and never crash blah blah blah!!!
guess what? all games dont handle hardware the same, or access memory the same or even hit your HDD the same! because 1 game works dont mean another will!
honestly: when was the last time people clean installed windows? ran a full malware scan? ran a virus scan at boot? clean installed their GPU drivers? checked for a realtek audio driver update? update their Intel storage drivers? run the SSD clean up tools that come with every SSD drive to stop fragmentation? run CCleaner? did a good old fashioned disk check? checked their DirectX components?

i would honestly suggest that 60% of the time an issue within a game is due to poor PC maintenance and being a tw@ about settings or expectations!
that might not be the case here...but in a fair few cases i would lay money on the fact it is!

now the classic comeback from that is:
why the fekk should i reformat my pc to get a blood game running that should have been made correctly in the first place!
lets turn that on its head!
do you think for one minute that a DEV will run the game on a pc thats accumulated 5 years of shit from constant daily use and had hundreds of shitty software installs and malware and virus attacks and god knows what else thrown at it?
not a chance!
so dont assume that a DEV can second guess all the various degrees of shit that the thousands of people trying to run this game might have on their systems that might be causing an issue!

format your PC; do a brand new fresh install of Windows; download nothing but the latest updates and rivers: install nothing else but The Witcher (and its required files) and then see if the issue occurs!
even then it might be your hardware! LOL

its the nature of the beast!!
deal with it or have a tantrum!

---------- Updated at 08:04 AM ----------

now then:
to the OP:
ive just tested this area on my RIG here in the office and im not encountering any issues at all with the textures:
i run an i5 with a 760ti here in the office running @1080 with a texture quality set to HIGH.
ive run around the square at Crows Perch; rode out, rode back in, jumped, hopped and skipped, spun as fast as my trusty RAT 5 mouse will spin and i can never ever get that texture to not load!!
ive upped the textures to ULTRA .
apart from an odd lighting/shadow setting when you get directly under the edge of the wooden framework at that corner that causes a bit of texture overlay glitching i cannot for the life of me replicate your issue!
so, where does that leave us?
for me; its suggesting corrupt install of those files; or a dodgy setting somewhere.
i know you say you did a clean install. was that from a fresh download as well? or from your old download? or from disk? did you verify the files from the download? or from the install after youve patched etc?
have you done a FULL control panel reset of you GPU drivers and turned off any third party overclocking?

LOL What a joke! Oh yes " 5 years of shit" you DO realize that the 5820k came out less than a year ago right? And the .ini settings ARE THE FUCKING DEFAULT. Go troll somewhere else. And make sure you let the people you ever "build and repair these infernal machines" for that you're a fucking clueless idiot.

BTW windows by default manages the pagefile for all applications.(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7) You have to explicitly say otherwise. But I'm sure you "knew" that. And seeing as you're running an OEM only GPU ( 760 ti) It seems pretty obvious you also don't have a clue what you are doing. Not to mention, with 16 GB ram the fucking pagefile shouldn't even be created. You do know that right? ( here, learn something http://lifehacker.com/5426041/understanding-the-windows-pagefile-and-why-you-shouldnt-disable-it)

And if they are accessing the hardware "differently than other games" then they aren't using directx or nvidia/amd drivers properly. In other words, your wall of text just shows you don't have a fucking clue as to what you are talking about.

You being unable to replicate the issue doesn't mean it is on the thousands of others computers' fault. People have done ALL the things you suggest. Reinstall, verify cache, messed with the .ini. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain to me how the issue wasn't apparent or nearly as bad until 1.04?? Im sure my "5 year old of shit" just decided to act up RIGHT when the patch was released right? lol.

So when NOTHING changed on the computer side, but something changed on the program side, your first thought is that its the computer configuration thats the problem? Please tell me you don't work anywhere in I.T. or use a computer for your job. or breed.

and you seriously think that sitting in place and "spinning with your trusty rat5" is going to cause the issue? You DO know spinning means all the textures are already loaded into memory and without you MOVING the LOD won't change, and new textures won't need to be pulled.... so your little test is just you spinning in circles being an idiot right?

I very rarely meet people as idiotic as you. Its been a pleasure

Last edited:
LOL What a joke! Oh yes " 5 years of shit" you DO realize that the 5820k came out less than a year ago right? And the .ini settings ARE THE FUCKING DEFAULT. Go troll somewhere else. And make sure you let the people you ever "build and repair these infernal machines" for that you're a fucking clueless idiot.

BTW windows by default manages the pagefile for all applications.(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7) You have to explicitly say otherwise. But I'm sure you "knew" that. And seeing as you're running an OEM only GPU ( 760 ti) It seems pretty obvious you also don't have a clue what you are doing. Not to mention, with 16 GB ram the fucking pagefile shouldn't even be created. You do know that right? ( here, learn something http://lifehacker.com/5426041/understanding-the-windows-pagefile-and-why-you-shouldnt-disable-it)

And if they are accessing the hardware "differently than other games" then they aren't using directx or nvidia/amd drivers properly. In other words, your wall of text just shows you don't have a fucking clue as to what you are talking about.

You being unable to replicate the issue doesn't mean it is on the thousands of others computers' fault. People have done ALL the things you suggest. Reinstall, verify cache, messed with the .ini. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain to me how the issue wasn't apparent or nearly as bad until 1.04?? Im sure my "5 year old of shit" just decided to act up RIGHT when the patch was released right? lol.

So when NOTHING changed on the computer side, but something changed on the program side, your first thought is that its the computer configuration thats the problem? Please tell me you don't work anywhere in I.T. or use a computer for your job. or breed.

and you seriously think that sitting in place and "spinning with your trusty rat5" is going to cause the issue? You DO know spinning means all the textures are already loaded into memory and without you MOVING the LOD won't change, and new textures won't need to be pulled.... so your little test is just you spinning in circles being an idiot right?

I very rarely meet people as idiotic as you. Its been a pleasure

really: tried looking in the mirror?

Kiri has it exactly right. People just love to look for problems anywhere else but their own system...That's just a fact.

Get a clean install, don't install all those unnecessary tools (inlcuding add-blocker, anti-virus and tuning shit) and you're probably fine.

@numb: You're the one who's attacking constantly.

Kiri has it exactly right. People just love to look for problems anywhere else but their own system...That's just a fact.

Get a clean install, don't install all those unnecessary tools (inlcuding add-blocker, anti-virus and tuning shit) and you're probably fine.

Bahaha nothing better than fake multiple accounts (funny that YOUR account was created the SAME DAY as Kiri). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtORYhHgj9I Yup ITS JUST YOUR OWN SYSTEM!! lol.

SO please please please explain how thousands of people have had the SAME problem. Guess they all have the same computer that they just pass around? ....So clean install of windows, multiple graphics cards, standard .ini settings......and it still happens. For thousands......yeeaaaah. Its not peoples configs sorry. ESPECIALLY when it didn't happen as bad until 1.04.

Its been tested on AMD/NVIDIA different cpu's, underclocked, overclocked, ssd's, hdd's and tons of other configs. But you guys are still gonna claim its on the end user.

Last edited:
Ok;
1: never attacked you at all I'm my post. I generalised and you read it as a personal attack
2: you called me idiotic. Hence you actually attacked me! I just retorted with a comment!
3: you continue to attack me with comments about my age
4: i could go through your post and respond; but truly? I can't be bothered.
Obviously it's the games fault! 'Nuff said.
Case closed!
Get a refund!

Oh one final little point!
10/2007 is October 2007! Or for the stupid amongst you: the month The Witcher was released!
How odd that two user accounts might be created on The Witcher forums in that exact same month?..

Last edited:
"Cant be bothered" hahahaha. Oh man. Can't be bothered to learn. Have fun blaming peoples computers. CDPR are great. I love their games. But this simply an issue on their end. Its too widespread. It isn't a random glitch from bad hardware configs. Theres tons of evidence showing the issue. Thats all there is to it. Just because you can't seem to grasp the idea that because YOU can't duplicate the issue that there isn't an issue doesn't invalidate everyone elses problems as fully on their configs.

And you mean creating an account for a forum in 2007...and then not posting until today to support "Kiri" for your every post? yeah.....

Last edited:
"Cant be bothered" hahahaha. Oh man. Can't be bothered to learn. Have fun blaming peoples computers. CDPR are great. I love their games. But this simply an issue on their end. Its too widespread. It isn't a random glitch from bad hardware configs. Theres tons of evidence showing the issue. Thats all there is to it. Just because you can't seem to grasp the idea that because YOU can't duplicate the issue that there isn't an issue doesn't invalidate everyone elses problems as fully on their configs.

And you mean creating an account for a forum in 2007...and then not posting until today to support "Kiri" for your every post? yeah.....

tell you what: go right ahead and report for me for breach of forum rules or whatever when it comes to your idea of my "double account"
go right ahead!
ill welcome the investigation with open "virtual" arms!

Dude, I don't give a crap. its just hilarious to see someone so wrong think they are sooooo right, and when called out ( and proven via MS documentation and other factual links), revert to a kid like "you are but what am I!!! wah wah wah" attitude, and then try and garner support with no evidence or facts. Claiming that THOUSANDS of other people are wrong, but YOU are right! You're clueless, got called out, and are now just trying to cover. Its just funny to me.

Bahaha nothing better than fake multiple accounts (funny that YOUR account was created the SAME DAY as Kiri). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtORYhHgj9I Yup ITS JUST YOUR OWN SYSTEM!! lol.

That is exactly the problem i have on my monster pc that i inversted A LOT of money in, playing a game that I BOUGHT and waited for !
WTF IS GOING ON ! its clearly its another stupid group of people acting like blizzard with diablo 3 - no actual interest in their game - they jsut want the money - if this is a game for 2015 than im done playing video games !

The idiots created the world, and each and every thing in the world has 2-3-4-5 diff textures layers that changes depending on distance - wtf - instead of making only 1 and let the pc render it - they ruined the entire gameworld by creating an application looking game..vannila skyrim doesnt have any problems ffs - this has ?

That is exactly the problem i have on my monster pc that i inversted A LOT of money in, playing a game that I BOUGHT and waited for !
WTF IS GOING ON ! its clearly its another stupid group of people acting like blizzard with diablo 3 - no actual interest in their game - they jsut want the money - if this is a game for 2015 than im done playing video games !

The idiots created the world, and each and every thing in the world has 2-3-4-5 diff textures layers that changes depending on distance - wtf - instead of making only 1 and let the pc render it - they ruined the entire gameworld by creating an application looking game..vannila skyrim doesnt have any problems ffs - this has ?

Yeah, like I was saying. its an issue. its widespread. Hopefully CDPR will take notice and fix it. Its much worse since 1.04. Im HOPING 1.05 will address it. It really seems like LoD is set to low, no matter what the setting actually "says". My fear is it was done to improve performance and they won't ever give us the chance to really push our hardware. LoD streaming ( the 2-3-4-5 different textures you mention), actually is a great way to handle more detailed graphics up close, and lower the farther it goes. You won't notice it if its done correctly, and enhances the graphics overall. And I disagree, CDPR does seem to care, but they really seem caught up in trying to support the consoles at the expense of PC's. But thats pretty normal now and days too. Im just irritated they haven't even acknowledged its a problem.

And to you, OP, I apologize for my part in the squabble. People who don't know things but act all high and mighty and want to blame your PC for an obvious problem in the game irritate me, then it just became fun to troll him a bit.

Last edited:
. It really seems like LoD is set to low, no matter what the setting actually "says". My fear is it was done to improve performance and they won't ever give us the chance to really push our hardware.
And when it is fixed *crosses fingers* then we'll get a bunch of threads with users saying I lost 5 FPS in last patch :p

Top Bottom