Thaler have to be dead in TW2!!!PLEASE HELP...

+

Sandis

Forum veteran
Thaler have to be dead in TW2!!!PLEASE HELP...

Wen i finish first TW, Thaler was executed at hand of Roderick de Wett, i witness myself Thaler dead in trade quarter(Wizima), after i imported my save files, i continue to play til i get to Flotsam trade post, and met guy named Dhen, he claim to be Thaler agent and have for my a message and packing, BUT THALER IS DEAD!!!!!!, is this CDPR mistake, or i miss something, PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWER SOMEONE......

Because lettin him live in the TW1 is the right decision ^^

De Wett was behind all of that scheming involved...but yea if he is dead in ur import, they should have removed the agent or adjust it somehow.

Sandis

Forum veteran
Maybe something happen after hes dead, he survive some how after all he is Temerian secret agent!...

Sandis

Forum veteran
This have to reported to CDPR, so they can solve out this thing... ITS IMPORTANT!

sandisrd said:
This have to reported to CDPR, so they can solve out this thing... ITS IMPORTANT!

I hope it's an error or bug and not some retcon like Bioware did with Dragon Age's Leliana, Anders, Nathaniel andZevran.

Get over it. Since they retconned Shani everyone knew the choices carried from TW1 were meaningless. That's why I don't buy all that 16 endings stuff in TW2.

Mrowakus said:
Get over it. Since they retconned Shani everyone knew the choices carried from TW1 were meaningless. That's why I don't buy all that 16 endings stuff in TW2.

How exactly did they retcon Shani? Is she not helping fight the plauge in Temeria? She should just drop that to help someone even though she couldn't really do anything? I don't like that Shani isn't in Witcher 2 but having her in Flotsam, Vergen or Loc Muinne would be going against her personality and who she is and a retcon.

The Thaler one is probably a minor bug, but since the only impact is one brief dialogue, and that you get the gift (and the message) even if you killed him, it isn't really that catastrophic.

Adda and your path decisions flow through. Your Adda decision MAY affect the ending of TW2. They should probably have included a couple of lines of dialogue about why you're not with Shani any more, but I wouldn't call it much of a retcon either - the fact that he was with Shani in TW1 doesn't mean it's impossible for him to be Triss in TW2, given his nature :)

I let him live in TW1 and imported the saved files but I never found his agent in flotsam :confused:
where is he found?

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
I let him live in TW1 and imported the saved files but I never found his agent in flotsam :confused:
where is he found?

Right outside the Blue Stripes building.

Seriously? What's with the obnoxious display of anger regarding this? Surely, you must know by now that the vast majority of decisions you make in TW1 are entirely retconned for TW2. The only plot decisions that are imported into the game, are what side you chose at the end of Chapter IV (Neutral/Order/Scoia'tael), and whether or not you killed Adda in Chapter V. Everything else was retconned one way or another; why would you get so hung up on such a relatively insignificant plot decision as this one, when there are other, really big story arcs - such as the omitting of Shani, both as a character and as a romantic interest - to be concerned about?

Well, the first time I met the agent in Floatsam, I had the same reason of Sandisrd (I let De Wett kill Thaler in The Witcher 1), but on my "second run", I did not care too much. After all, Thaler was an important character, but not one that could change Geralt's fate, imho.

Really? Damn, i thought he was alive because of my import.

On the bright side, this means we might see him return in an expansion or TW3.

sandisrd said:
Wen i finish first TW, Thaler was executed at hand of Roderick de Wett, i witness myself Thaler dead in trade quarter(Wizima), after i imported my save files, i continue to play til i get to Flotsam trade post, and meat guy named Dhen, he claim to be Thaler agent and have for my a message and packing, BUT THALER IS DEAD!!!!!!, is this CDPR mistake, or i miss something, PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWER SOMEONE......

I had it too, probably a bug, or he isn't that easy to kill ;)
After all he kind of likes Shani if you know what I mean ^^

Aver

Forum veteran
Mrowakus said:

TW1 was just prologue of saga and it was clearly not designed to "carry over decisions". TW2 is clearly different it that matter.

Top Bottom