Thanks for 1.4, guys...

+
Thanks for 1.4, guys...

Having worked with it all yesterday, I want to say thanks for D'Jinni 1.4. It isn't perfect - I had three crashes and one of them lost me a cutscene I'd put a lot of work into; but three crashes in a full days work is way better than it was. Everything feels a lot more robust.I get the strong impression that the graphics are better, too. I like the fact that the new animations automatically ocme into our mods, and that we now have 'lipsynch' (although as we don't have any voice acting yet it looks a little odd!).The only downside is that it appears that the subtitles have vanished from our cutscenes. Is there some flag we now need to set for 'show subtitles'?All in all, though, excellent effort, thanks very much; it's going to make getting the module finished much easier.

Cutscenes seem to need some reworking now - the "dialogue" lines, now that the mock-lipsync is on, need a speaker assigned. Most likely you left the speaker field empty, happy to just see "behind the camera" narrative. This can no longer be done like it used to. You either need an off-screen character to speak those lines, or some nice one-liners using the g_pGuiMan:ShowOneLiner LUA function, feeding it dialog_*.tlk lines.

Ailinon said:
Cutscenes seem to need some reworking now - the "dialogue" lines, now that the mock-lipsync is on, need a speaker assigned. Most likely you left the speaker field empty, happy to just see "behind the camera" narrative. This can no longer be done like it used to. You either need an off-screen character to speak those lines, or some nice one-liners using the g_pGuiMan:ShowOneLiner LUA function, feeding it dialog_*.tlk lines.
Many thanks - I'll look into this.

Top Bottom