Thanks for having me in the closed Beta!

+
Thanks for having me in the closed Beta!

Fantastic game so far, this will cost me some sleeptime! Best multi player etiquettes I have ever encountered.

They still haven't fixed that bug I discovered on day one. You know the one where all my plays go to shit and I look like I don't know how to play the game. Annoying.

HenryGrosmont;n8310930 said:
Don't worry, you will...

Of course I will, it is a Beta! That is the point of a closed beta, we play, and when we encounter a problem we report it so it can be fixed for the final release.
I really can not understand why someone would be annoyed by bugs in a free(!!!) betatest, one you signed up for yourself. So I play it, I enjoy it and when I see a bug I'll smile and let the devs know.

Few posts deleted. Let's keep this discussion nice and civilized. No ridiculing or name calling. Thank you.

A bit offtopic. Anyone has any idea when the open beta is supposed to kick off? Days/weeks/Months??
And more on the same topic, will the transition from closed to open beta be instant or will there be few sad days/weeks/months with no gwent?

Enjoying the game enormously so far, thx a lot CDPR!

The problem with this game isn't the game, it's 99% of the players. They have no understanding of how to play a card game, hence the reason why they probably never collected all the gwent cards in witcher 3. For example, I'm level 11 and I constantly am getting matched up with rank 20+. Now normally someone would call this a flaw in the game since it's matching me up with someone so much higher. Someone with double the time spent playing than me should have better cards and more experience playing the game, therefore resulting in an unfair match, correct? Instead it's the typical meta card player using a mainstream deck with no clue on how to properly use it. Can we improve the training mode in this game once the real game is launched so that players aren't constantly embarrassing themselves in front of new players like myself? I'm sorry, but if you are getting bested by someone 10 levels lower that you, it's time to hang up the controller. I'm getting board not because of the game, but because the competition is such a joke. What's the fun in rising all the way up to the top ranks if the people you are playing against have no clue? Can we at least have a mode to invite other players so that we can get some actual skilled games going, because the casual level 25+ player I come against is not at all good at this game. Playing against other bad players so that you rise in your rank only to get bested by someone 10+ units lower than you doesn't impress me in this beta, and I hope they fix this issue in the real game. Maybe keep people out of ranked matches until they can demonstrate skill against actual good players, not players that are just as bad as themselves. This post is not elitist in any way, I'm just sharing my experience so far.

Last edited:
God_of_Eredin;n8328370 said:
The problem with this game isn't the game, it's 99% of the players. They have no understanding of how to play a card game, hence the reason why they probably never collected all the gwent cards in witcher 3. For example, I'm level 11 and I constantly am getting matched up with rank 20+. Now normally someone would call this a flaw in the game since it's matching me up with someone so much higher. Someone with double the time spent playing than me should have better cards and more experience playing the game, therefore resulting in an unfair match, correct? Instead it's the typical meta card player using a mainstream deck with no clue on how to properly use it. Can we improve the training mode in this game once the real game is launched so that players aren't constantly embarrassing themselves in front of new players like myself? I'm sorry, but if you are getting bested by someone 10 levels lower that you, it's time to hang up the controller. I'm getting board not because of the game, but because the competition is such a joke. What's the fun in rising all the way up to the top ranks if the people you are playing against have no clue? Can we at least have a mode to invite other players so that we can get some actual skilled games going, because the casual level 25+ player I come against is not at all good at this game. Playing against other bad players so that you rise in your rank only to get bested by someone 10+ units lower than you doesn't impress me in this beta, and I hope they fix this issue in the real game. Maybe keep people out of ranked matches until they can demonstrate skill against actual good players, not players that are just as bad as themselves. This post is not elitist in any way, I'm just sharing my experience so far.

I am not going to say your post is elitist. But I dont know if I agree completely. I agree that there is a difference in skill level, but sometimes when you change deck or change your deck it takes a few games before you understand the mechanics so you can loose some games due to errors or experiments. Your opponent may at that moment think you do not understand the game because you make silly mistakes, but if the game is not in your native language sometimes it is difficult to immidiatly understand what some cards do. I understand that you might say, well, go practice in singleplayer but you learn faster against a human opponent, even if it cost you a few losses.
I am more worried for people buying great decks. If you put a lot of money into buying cards you can build very strong decks that are almost invincible for players who earned or crafted al their cards.
So I think your idea for a pool of skillfull players is probably not a bad idea although a win-draw-lose record will solve that as well.
I do hope for a option to only play against earned/crafted decks and a anything goes option for opponents who paid extra for more cards.

And for those who are wondering, no, still have not encountered bad bugs. Only some minor ones that everybody encountered but nothing that makes it unplayable.

Top Bottom