That bird in the Panam ending...

+
I don't know about you, but that bird you see in the Panam ending looks a lot like the bird that represents Ciri from The Witcher 3.

Some connection here?

My initial reaction to that bird was - Johnny! There is a strong presence of buddhist monks in NC which of course believe in karma, reincarnation, going back as an animal. Its open to very different interpretations but that was mine.

Yes, it's either asset re-use, subtle reference or could point to some symbolism. It's referenced fairly often in art & poetry - I've been meaning to look up some folklore on it as well.

Actually speaking of asset reuse... TW3 has far more variations for cats than in Cyberpunk. There is the Bakeneko, that cat behind Vik's clinic, and of course the secret pet cat you get in act 2 (oh and also that cat you see in Never Fade Away). They all look exactly the same.

In TW3 you have Nibbles which is a tabby, but elsewhere you see black and white cats that always hiss at you.

Not saying how many cats ought to be in night city but they had to use the rarest and least probable to survive breed rather than your average tabby breeds (which has the highest probability to be seen in NC). I mean a sphinx breed probably has a hard time surviving in night city due to how hard the environment is and that cat breeds are a result of selective breeding. They often have genetic problems from the selective breeding and is not as hardy as mixed breeds. Feral cats in the real world already live something like 5 years because of how tough the world is. That and as rare as animals are in NC seeing a sphinx cat is like looking for a super rare needle in a haystack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom