That pang of sadness....

+
That pang of sadness....

Just finished the main quest. You know that pang of sadness you get when you finish a really good story and you wish it didn't have to end? Yeah....

Fortunately, in my ending everyone was happy. But I just wish I could keep talking to all the main characters. I couldn't find any of them except Dandelion. Are they hanging around Kaer Morhen at all?

P.S. Ironically I found Kiera Metz though. Isn't she supposed to be gone?

EDIT: **spoilers** btw, I forgot to ask. Can Ciri die? I mean... can you get different endings depending on how you parent her? She has the flashback scene to all the times you parented her before defeating the White Frost. **sppilers**

Last edited:
You know that pang of sadness you get when you finish a really good story
It's pretty bittersweet.
And no one is hanging around at all, it's pretty depressing and empty.
And for your question...
Yes she can die, and another ending is dependent on whether or not you went immediately to deal with Imlerith after the Battle of Kaer Morhen

I hear you.

Are there things that could have been done better, and things I hope CDPR will improve in the upcoming months? Sure. Definitely. But at the end of the day, even with all the problems, I was incredibly moved by the game. This will be one that stays with me for a long time. TW2 in contrast may have been more fleshed out, story-wise, but since it wasn't nearly as personal, my appreciation of it will always be a bit distant, disconnected. That's not the case with TW3. Been listening to the soundtrack (which I think is easily the best, overall) since finishing and it's tugging at all the right heart strings.

This was a really intense ride. When the title appeared on screen at the end I felt more than just a 'pang' of sadness. I don't think this experience will be matched for me anytime soon.

I'd also like to know where you find Kiera. Does she have any additional dialogue? Is she with Lambert?

Bad ending can give quite real and serious depression to a player. Were CDPR aware what they were doing? Not sure. :)

I'd also like to know where you find Kiera. Does she have any additional dialogue? Is she with Lambert?

On the Kaer Morhen map there's a marker for an alchemy ingredient merchant outside the castle, that's Kiera. There was one line of dialogue about Lambert that I could've sworn I'd never seen before, but I could have missed something.

What I want to know is if it's possible to go and talk to her and not die. I couldn't find a way back into Kaer Morhen (the only way I found to get to her was to climb over the wall), and she's surrounded by cliffs.

Anyway, I actually wanted to say that I was kind of depressed when I finished the game yesterday. Ciri died, and unless something bugged out (which is possible because I imported an incomplete save and I had at least one bug as a result that I know of), there's not a single reference to the Yennefer romance, which I'm pretty sure I completed "correctly". Just Geralt losing his shit going after Ciri's wolf medallion and saying he doesn't feel a thing anymore, which kind of implies that not only did Ciri die, but he also broke it off with Yennefer.

I mean, it's a well written ending and all, it just depressed the bejeezus out of me. I'll probably start a new playthrough instead of going back and cleaning up the rest of the sidequests with my current character.

Did she talk to you before the final battle, after you have completed the sunstone quest/final preparations etc? I got a scene w/ Yen there w/ her saying she wants to get away together after it all is over. But, once the game ended, I only got a slide saying we lived together. No interaction, no Yen chilling in the inn for me, only a slide.. I was expecting at least something like, I'm so glad this is over and we can live together or something on that line. Nope, only a single slide...
I'm never able to play games like this after the main story ends. Everything just seems so empty and pointless. KM was super empty/depressing. I will however try to get to Kiera :)

Last edited:
On the Kaer Morhen map there's a marker for an alchemy ingredient merchant outside the castle, that's Kiera. There was one line of dialogue about Lambert that I could've sworn I'd never seen before, but I could have missed something.

What I want to know is if it's possible to go and talk to her and not die. I couldn't find a way back into Kaer Morhen (the only way I found to get to her was to climb over the wall), and she's surrounded by cliffs.

Anyway, I actually wanted to say that I was kind of depressed when I finished the game yesterday. Ciri died, and unless something bugged out (which is possible because I imported an incomplete save and I had at least one bug as a result that I know of), there's not a single reference to the Yennefer romance, which I'm pretty sure I completed "correctly". Just Geralt losing his shit going after Ciri's wolf medallion and saying he doesn't feel a thing anymore, which kind of implies that not only did Ciri die, but he also broke it off with Yennefer.

I mean, it's a well written ending and all, it just depressed the bejeezus out of me. I'll probably start a new playthrough instead of going back and cleaning up the rest of the sidequests with my current character.

Thanks for the Keira location. I talked to her last night. Sadly, the dialogue is no different than it is when you talk to her upon arriving at KM. At first I thought the Lambert line was different but pretty sure she had that option when I talked to her before the battle. At least I found her though :) I climbed over walls etc also to get to her. Didn't die in the process either. Made it to her safely, then followed the castle wall to a safeish area to jump down cliffs w/o loosing too much health. It helps a lot if you mash your roll button before you hit the ground. Rolling upon falling negates a high amount of fall damage. If it weren't for rolling upon falling, I wouldn't have made it down the cliff alive :p

Rolling upon falling negates a high amount of fall damage. If it weren't for rolling upon falling, I wouldn't have made it down the cliff alive :p

Yeah, I know about rolling, but I couldn't find a spot where it worked for me. Honestly, I think this is a pretty good indication that Keira isn't actually meant to be around, although she sells some pretty useful stuff before the battle of Kaer Morhen, and it's kind of annoying that that's otherwise missable.

I'm going to post something about it in the bug section. Would be nice if they moved her some place where she is easily accessible :)

Just finished the main quest. You know that pang of sadness you get when you finish a really good story and you wish it didn't have to end? Yeah....

Fortunately, in my ending everyone was happy. But I just wish I could keep talking to all the main characters. I couldn't find any of them except Dandelion. Are they hanging around Kaer Morhen at all?

P.S. Ironically I found Kiera Metz though. Isn't she supposed to be gone?

EDIT: **spoilers** btw, I forgot to ask. Can Ciri die? I mean... can you get different endings depending on how you parent her? She has the flashback scene to all the times you parented her before defeating the White Frost. **sppilers**
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer

Isn't Keira still remaining at the castle a bug? I am pretty sure she is supposed to leave, along with the other Witchers (Lambert specifically).

Last edited:
I feel you and know what you mean. I did get good ending but that sadness after main quest completed is way too depressive, but that's a good thing, because it's a long time since i care some much about a characters in a video game. Good work dev's!

---------- Updated at 09:57 AM ----------

Isn't Keira still remaining at the castle a bug? I am pretty sure she is supposed to leave, along with the other Witchers (Lambert specifically).

In my gameplay Keira leave with Lambert and i don't see her anywhere in a castle.. so i strongly believe it's a bug..

Top Bottom