that Retro consumerist look for Archtecture

+
I think different area's in Night City should be represented with different archetecture. The pseudo-japanese 'uber-modern' look could work very well for the upper class area's like the corporate zones. It wouldn't work for the slums of the combat zone.

Here is most of the published 2077 Concept art with archetecture in it:

Images 1 and 7 are not Cyberpunk 2077 concept art, they are just some bladerunner fan art someone made.

There's something in the second pic in Chris's post (yes, that still from the teaser) that reminds me of the Eyrie Building, property of David Xanatos, from Gargoyles.

The very Mr Xanatos is like this top corporate that bought an old scottish castle, Castle Wyvern, and moved in to the top of his tower in Manhattan. Talk about retro consummerist!

i like the "bridges" or whatever is placed between skyscrapers and towers. Reminds me of Deck 16 from UT. What a map

Damn, ah well. I hope some elements are drawn from it though.

I think it's pretty obvious from the teaser that they were... The shot looking up should be proof of that.

Personally, I hope there is no "one look". I want the architecture and feel of the city to change drastically depending on what block I am on, what neighborhood I am in.

More importantly I want to believe it... I want it to exist because it could, not because it just looks cool. Unrealistic architecture in a realistic game just bugs the crap out of me.

So every building cannot be a mega tall skyscraper, the city is in cali after all... a place known for it's quakes, one of which in the timeline had recently Inundated LA...

Not to mention, do that and nothing stands out, the city just feels monotonous... and Night city should never feel Monotonous or generic.

I hope there are a couple of residential buildings, maybe in the combat zone, that are based n the smae principles as "Peach Trees" and the other tower blocks in Dredd 3D.

I'm sure by 2077 the structural engineers could have come up with similar designs to the ones that are being used in the far east at moment. Skyscrappers that are designed to survive quakes.

Actually, a nice touch would be to see cheap buildings that were damaged in a quake but have been repaired.

WOW, I really like the metabolism thing. That tower looks pretty cool with such a small space to live in. It would be cool if a shitty apartment like that is the first you can get in the game.

But other than that I think these concept pictures of Blade Runner is pretty damn cool with both interesting architecture and wonderful color scheme. So I thought I'd share it and say that something like this would also be awesome in the game.

http://www.fabulantes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Concept-Art-Sid-Mead.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz7airR9lX1qja3wqo1_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/80721f7a8d88d4f6da0e05088d74db8e/tumblr_ml89y3JNv71snch3vo1_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0e2ff4577203c244e6ff0b8b7125ac3a/tumblr_mhqir3FMZT1r66qo1o6_1280.jpg

Yeah that picture looks great, there can never be too much neon, right?

I think this also looks nice. I think the colors could work for the central parts of the city where most stores and malls and night clubs would be.
Nice clean and maintained facades to hide the rotting city underneath?

how many areas will the city be divided in ?? for example rich distric slum area and or industrial area so that we have variety and diferent faces for the city

also how about a abandoned factory areas

how many areas will the city be divided in ??

That's the city map from Wisdom's page... It has over 100 districts.

Of course there's no proof that the game will have the same number of D's, be as big (I think so though) or look like that.

I kind of don't like the fact that there's water on three sides.... reminds me of GTA4 too much.

how many areas will the city be divided in ?? for example rich distric slum area and or industrial area so that we have variety and diferent faces for the city

also how about a abandoned factory areas

Well this is a map of Night City circa 2020:

...and this is a more detailed map showing the divisions of just a small segment of it, (specifically the top half of the dark part in the north east corner of the first map.)

If they follow the already defined pattern, there are going to be lots of parts to the map.

But overall there should be a basic run down of:
Corporate Zones - Wealthy and Upper Class Commercial and Resedential area's, including suburbs, retail, nightlife and administration.
Moderate Zones - Mediocre Commercial, Industrial and Resedential area's, including suburbs, retail, nightlife, administration, industry and transit hubs.
Combat Zones - 'Shiteth Hiteth the Faneth...' Abandoned industrial, Commercial and Residential areas taken over by waring gangs, virtually a free-fire zone.

Top Bottom