The 2 things that this game needs most

+
The first thing for me is more adequate driver navigator. I like to drive through NC on two wheels, it is very beautifull, but right now most time I need to look at minimap for driver guide! Guys, it is 2077 year with augmented reality! Why my Kiroshi cannot give me any pointing arrows right over the road?! It is not nice changing point of look from road to minimap every 2 seconds

I do always wonder what people mean by this. My issue is the game is short, not the game is incomplete.
Short ? If you rush the main story, yes. But more than 70/100 hours for complete it entirely, it seems not "really" short for me :(
Compared to some other games at the same price, where in 20-25 hours (if even less) you have seen everything, everything finished, everything explored... (RE-Village, ≃20hours/60$, that's short for me)

Short ? If you rush the main story, yes. But more than 70/100 hours for complete it entirely, it seems not "really" short for me :(
Compared to some other games at the same price, where in 20-25 hours (if even less) you have seen everything, everything finished, everything explored... (RE-Village, ≃20hours/60$, that's short for me)

Having played 100 hours of the game, yes it is very short. The vast vast majority of the game is storyless busywork.

As stated, 10 hours less than a typical story driven RPG of its genre. I compared it to Dragon Age: Origins which wasn't long.

Compared to RockStar Games, 20-25 hours is short. I finished RDR2 twice, the first time I did it, I did secondary quests and it took me about 140 hours. The second time I did it, I only did the main Story and it took me about 60 hours to finish the entire game. I know the budget of RDR2 was almost 1 billion $ but other game like AC Valhalla is quite long too. I've played it for 50 hours and still haven't finished it yet.
I love the Story of CP77 (and haven't finished it yet, I'm waiting for next gen patch), but if the main story really take only 25 hours, that's too bad.
Hope things will get better with new content and DLCs.

Compared to RockStar Games, 20-25 hours is short. I finished RDR2 twice, the first time I did it, I did secondary quests and it took me about 140 hours. The second time I did it, I only did the main Story and it took me about 60 hours to finish the entire game. I know the budget of RDR2 was almost 1 billion $ but other game like AC Valhalla is quite long too. I've played it for 50 hours and still haven't finished it yet.
I love the Story of CP77 (and haven't finished it yet, I'm waiting for next gen patch), but if the main story really take only 25 hours, that's too bad.
Hope things will get better with new content and DLCs.
It's a choice by CDPR to "limit" the main quest line :)
Normally, the vast majority of side quests could have been add in main quest line (like Panam's quests, River's quests, Kerry's quests and Johnny's quests). Like all the Rockstar games, where there is pratiquely no real "side quests".
So yes, if you do "only" the main quest line, it's short. But with doing that, you really "rush" the game.
(And it could also depend how you play. For example, in a GIG, if you kill everybody in "barbarian mode" with a shotgun, it's way quicker than try to stealth/knockout every enemies without being detected).
As stated, 10 hours less than a typical story driven RPG of its genre. I compared it to Dragon Age: Origins which wasn't long.
I see on other thread, you have compared CP to Bioware "RPG" :)
So for me, ME-LE, 150 Hours for 100% the trilogy with all quests, all planets explored, looted (depleted resources). Yes, it's quite quick, it's because I know the game quite well. But, It's just a little bit longer for the whole trilogy than an average playthrough of Cyberpunk. So Cyberpunk is not bad at all, for me at least :)
Knowing that I never do "infinite" quests in games when they are present (it "artificially" and unnecessarily lengthens the life of a game).

Edit :
Sorry, so two things who the game need for me
1 - more contents.
2 - even more contents.

Last edited:
For me the 2 things would be:
1. Overhaul the introduction to the city according to lifepath; so replace the 6 months montage with a mix of some introductory missions for tge fixers and the city opened with some existing missions before the lockdown.
2. Open world interactivity and customizations all-round

For me the 2 things would be:
1. Overhaul the introduction to the city according to lifepath; so replace the 6 months montage with a mix of some introductory missions for tge fixers and the city opened with some existing missions before the lockdown.

I feel like that the six month montage is pretty much it's own game. People want to play it but that is part of the larger issue that the game wants you invested in the world and characters that you're dropped into. It also fits into the issue that a lot of people wanted the life paths to play a bigger role than they did when the tabletop game makes it clear you're ALL Edgerunners and to be an Edgerunner is the thing to aspire to. I know some people who act like you should be able to work for Arasaka or Militech the entire time.

I'm not sure you can fix that without an entire overhaul to the game and its priorities/story.

I feel like that the six month montage is pretty much it's own game. People want to play it but that is part of the larger issue that the game wants you invested in the world and characters that you're dropped into. It also fits into the issue that a lot of people wanted the life paths to play a bigger role than they did when the tabletop game makes it clear you're ALL Edgerunners and to be an Edgerunner is the thing to aspire to. I know some people who act like you should be able to work for Arasaka or Militech the entire time.

I'm not sure you can fix that without an entire overhaul to the game and its priorities/story.
My biggest disappointment on the first playthrough was right in the beggining. Was so looking forward about coming into night city as a Nomad and being introduced to it and when I finally come into the open world, there's all kinds of stuff going on already and we're no longer strangers to the town and it's people. These are the 2 biggest things the game needs for me. Yes it would be some work and people, like me, that criticize the game being released early is because we feel there was still a lot of work to be done in it.
But let's keep in mind I'm not suggesting recreating the 6 months montage into gameplay form. I'm suggesting one mission per fixer (with the exception of Mr. Hands perhaps and of course Rogue) with an introduction to the person and having the city unlocked with existing missions (ones that don't require Johnny or the relic in your head) before going for the Sandra Dorsett mission and lockdown

Edit: PS - I'm not against V being an edgerunner on all lifepaths but it would be much more complete if there were more significant changes to an edgerunner that used to be a corpo, nomad or street kid

Last edited:
My biggest disappointment on the first playthrough was right in the beggining. Was so looking forward about coming into night city as a Nomad and being introduced to it and when I finally come into the open world, there's all kinds of stuff going on already and we're no longer strangers to the town and it's people. These are the 2 biggest things the game needs for me. Yes it would be some work and people, like me, that criticize the game being released early is because we feel there was still a lot of work to be done in it.
But let's keep in mind I'm not suggesting recreating the 6 months montage into gameplay form. I'm suggesting one mission per fixer (with the exception of Mr. Hands perhaps and of course Rogue) with an introduction to the person and having the city unlocked with existing missions (ones that don't require Johnny or the relic in your head) before going for the Sandra Dorsett mission and lockdown

Edit: PS - I'm not against V being an edgerunner on all lifepaths but it would be much more complete if there were more significant changes to an edgerunner that used to be a corpo, nomad or street kid

Please note I'm not disagreeing with you. I actually have my biggest problem in the fact that the Watson section of the game is the best part of it, IMHO. I love Keanu Reeves and a lot of the missions but for me the whole feel of being low-level Edgerunners trying to make it in the big time and the city being a hostile uncertain place is where the game feels most atmospheric.

The "beginning" missions of both the Organ Harvesting Ring and the Maelstrom mission are the two best missions in the game for tension and world-building.

I think that's kind of the issue as listed above. They're MEANT to be our introduction into Night City but I just wanted more of them.

The 50 things that this game needs most:
1. What kind of open-world outlaw shooting game doesn't have a bank-robbing system?
2. Please chase me in cars, police. And max tac, please bring that AV you used to shoot up those guys at the beginning of the game!
3. I want to see more children in Night City. There are like 3 potential ages an NPC can be, schoolchild, adult, or old person. I want more. And since we are talking about Night City children, I want their appearance AND voice acting to be completely redone. I get that most of them are disturbed and had a terrible upbringing. But that doesn't mean that they ALL have to be gangster children with a deep voice and a "Please kill me" outlook on life. Also, I haven't seen a single baby in all of Night City. The humans are going extinct.
4. Change V's appearance after getting Cyber Ware. (In particular, I would be intrigued if V could have (Expensive) gold or silver skin which mitigates shock damage and increases armour. Maybe even changes some dialogue options in future side quests.) One more thing. I WANT TO LOOK LIKE THE SMASHER PLEASE. (SOUND EFFECTS INCLUDED).
5. Give us a back view out of V's car, I'm sick of accidentally running people over because I can't see behind me and having to reload the game.
6. I want electric vehicles.. But not as much as I want (premium-priced) self-driving vehicles.
7. For rich Vs who can't quite afford self-driving vehicles; 1, finish the train system so we can travel by train and see some cool sights along the way. (cheap) 2, allow us to call Delamin to our location to pick us up and maybe shoot up some guys at our destination too (or just take us to any fast travel location but not instantly). (expensive and dependant on distance travelled) 3, remove the fast travel system.
8. For mega-rich Vs (maybe 500'000 eddies) who get bored of self-driving vehicles, give us flying AVs where we can map a route to any car park in or out of Night City.
9. Give gorilla arms the capability of opening doors 2 or 3 levels above our current strength level.
10. Increase damage from the hand grenade launcher and also increase the knock-back. But greatly reduce the fire rate, introduce a reload animation for it and make it cost ammunition.
11. Completely remake the monowire. I want the monowire to be a stealth weapon that can 1-hit kill enemies silently but only from stealth. I don't want a whip. Thank you.
12. If I remember correctly, there is an iconic adult (18+) weapon. Maybe at the cloud? I want it to have a funny, thrusting animation when you stab with it.
13. Add more hair customisations for V. Most of the current ones look ridiculous to me.
14. Give us a cybernetic hand (not arm) upgrade which isn't a weapon but maybe it can hack doors and stuff like that which are 2 or 3 levels above us, and also hack people for no RAM cost but only at extremely close range. Oh and maybe it can allow us to use tech weapons as a replacement for I think they were called ballistic hands?
16. Get the NCPD involved in unscripted fights with gangs.
17. Give me trauma team premium.
18. Get a ripperdock to agree to replace my feet with wheels.
19. Allow me to actually USE my toilet before I flush, just like I can use my shower. The shower is great.
20. Add a "Favourites" section to my stash so that I can separate items that I want to keep, like the witcher t-shirt, from all the junk that I'm going to sell.
21. Maybe these already exist? But I really want some pyjamas to wear... I'm getting cold sleeping nude every night. I'm not even allowed under my bedsheets.
22. I would love some new radio channels in future DLC, but no more of that screamo and metal stuff, please. Those aren't for me...
23. On the character screen when I am changing my clothes, there is a green tint over everything. I hate it. It changes ALL of my clothes green and I can't decide what looks good because there becomes no such thing as black clothing. Please remove that green tint if you haven't already CDPR.
24. Allow people with insanely high tech-ability to craft cars (no less than 5 different vehicles before you implement this).
25. I want a rehaul of the ripperdoc inventories. Victors cyberware parts are way too overpowered. If I sell everything I get and do all the side missions, buying everything Victor has, I feel like I've beaten the game already and got all the best equipment in the entire game while Watson is still on lockdown. Move all of those cool Cyberware stuff OUT of Watson. Grenade launcher should be limited to Pacifica, mantis blades should be limited to Heywood maybe, monowire in that district in the east with the Tyger claws. Blood pump should be limited to Pacifica. etc.
26. I don't know how other people might feel about this, but I would appreciate the added immersion if when you summon your vehicle, it takes 20 minutes or so instead of 20 seconds. It might motivate me to park my car properly in my garage, or it might motivate me to walk more often, taking in the beautiful sights in Night City in much greater detail.
27. I can't be bothered to order this list properly from 1 to.. Well, however many points I am going to add. But I would move THIS point a lot higher up the list. I want eating and drinking animations. And to add to that, I want food and water to automatically be added to my quick item slot next to or even replacing my medicine.
28. When V runs out of stamina, I want his stamina to recover extremely slowly whilst walking. It would recover much faster while standing still. I think this could make long-distance sprinting more realistic.
29. Tell gang members to stop shooting me just because I looked at them funny. Like come on man, what did I ever do to you? I get anywhere near you and you start shooting at my head. The NCPD don't even care.
30. V can punch. But he can't kick? The hell? He literally has metal feet that can generate enough force to jump 2 stories high, but he can't kick people? Please let V start kicking people. Melee combat is so lame in first-person games including CP. Spice it up. Add some heated fists that cause fire damage or paralyzing shock damage and allow enemies to use the from early game even.
31. Special weapons. Where are my crossbows? Where are my bow and arrows? Where are my blow darts? Where are my casual playing darts? Where are my flamethrowers? Where are my Far Cry disc launchers? Actually, this is less import for V and more important for enemies. The enemies need some variety in how they try to kill V other than just guns. Blow me up with a fire barrel. Set a trained dog on me. Maybe an elephant or 2. Come on. This game is soooo repetitive *skull emoji*
32. I would appreciate a console/steam achievement for murdering a max tac agent.
33. Allow us to manually mark if chip shards have been read or unread for those people trying to read every single one of them but getting confused by the duplicates.
34. Give us cybernetic legs that increase movement speed.
35. Outside of Misty's shop, there is an adult entertainment joint with a bouncer in front. SOMEBODY, PLEASE TELL THAT BOUNCER TO LET ME IN BEFORE I BLOW HIS BRAINS OUT.
36. When we kill people, and they just have vehicles hanging about. Well nobody is going to drive them. So please can I take ownership? Wouldn't want to waste those sweet rides
37. As I mentioned in another post, I thought it would be cool if vehicles each had an individual NCPD heat level that VERY SLOWLY cools down over time, forcing you to switch to a different vehicle or be constantly chased by the NCPD.
38. It seems that enemies have a very limited selection of weapons that they can drop. The weapons are very unbalanced. I remember there was a particular assault rifle that I would ALWAYS pick up because there would NEVER be any other automatic gun dropped from enemies that can compare with it (I'm not a fan of burst fire or single fire). I'd like a larger selection of weapons dropped by enemies, and in particular, a more balanced selection of assault rifles and submachine guns.
39. I want maelstrom eyes.
40. In character selection, allow me to choose V's body type. I want to look like an Animal.
41. This suggestion should be in the top 5, give V more skin type options. His current skin types range from screwed up face to scarface to female face. That is ALL of V's male skin types.
42. DLC. FLASHBACKS. AFTER THE LIFEPATH MISSION. BEFORE THE SARAH DORSETT MISSION. BRING JACKY BACK.
43. ALSO DLC. TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TO T-BUG.
44. Make Hanako a romance option.
45. People have exploited their way out of the heist to kill the Smasher in the prologue. Make a secret exit that requires an absurdly high but reasonable level of strength or tech ability to leave the heist and challenge the Smasher. If they actually kill the Smasher, make it canon for the rest of the playthrough. Similar to Demon Souls, you can kill the Vanguard Demon at the start. We wanna kill the Smasher at the start.
46. Add pigeons to skies. And fish to seas- Well to water at least. I can see the cats going endangered, but birds and fish too?
47. The insects mostly cockroaches in the game have terrible animations they look so unrealistic and they are unphased by human presence. Please make the insects in Night City move more realistically and not as you'd expect from a PS1 game, and allow those insects to run away when you step near/on them.
48. Don't allow weapons to be sold at sushi stalls. Don't allow sushi to be sold at clothes shops. Reduce the selling price of EVERYTHING. Reduce the cash reward from access points. Significantly increase the cash reward of EVERY gig, side mission and NCPD hustle in the game.
49. Fix the traffic system so that the red light doesn't mean that cars on the right-hand side of the road should GO and run down everybody who is crossing while the green light means the cars on the left-hand side of the road should GO.
50. Why did you feel the need to cancel wall-running? Black op 3 is seven years old and had wall-running. You're 7 years ahead in technology and had like 7 times as long in development as black ops 3 had. There is no excuse to have struggled so much that you had to cancel wall running. Why does Black Ops 3 which is seven years old have way more in-game technological abilities than Cyberpunk 2077 does? The entire focus of Cyberpunk 2077 is on technological advancements.

I can see already few ones who never happen :)
32. I would appreciate a console/steam achievement for murdering a max tac agent.
Nope, V's is not a "cop's murderer" and nothing will probably be added for pushing players in that sense.
44. Make Hanako a romance option.
No way for the daughter of Araska's Emperor to even imagine something with V (who is 3 times younger... Hanako 78 years old). For Hanako, V is nobody, at best a "tool" in the Devil Ending. In shorts she talks to V only because she has no choice...
46. Add pigeons to skies. And fish to seas- Well to water at least. I can see the cats going endangered, but birds and fish too?
Nope, there is no life form in Night City (few cats and some insects seem to be exeptions...)
In any case, no bird for sure (all were eradicated before) : Avian Extermination Act
And sea/lake are also "infected/pollued"... Fish are generally very sensitive to pollution and the first to die of it

I agree. There are all sorts of QoL features that would be nice, but that is secondary to the open world aspect of the game actually having content, especially after the prepopulated stuff has been cleared.

However it's done, the map needs to be filled out. There are huge swaths of playable area that are very conspicuously empty and devoid of content, especially late game. There's no loot, no enemies, and few to no NPCs. It's already been said thousands of times, but Night City feels empty and lifeless.

There are also vast areas of the map that are altogether inaccessible. You don't notice it so much at first, but after playing for awhile the fenced-off areas stick out like a sore thumb.

Despite the claims of apologists for the game to the contrary, the game needs random encounters. There is evidence all over the place of Scav and Wraith attacks, but you never see them in action. I'm sure it's well outside the technical scope of the engine right now, but it would be huge if it could be implemented someday.

Last edited:
I made a mod for Fallout 4 so I can play it forever. If requires the player to scavenge for car parts to build cars. I have described it before on this forum so I will keep this post short and not do it again today, Suffice to say I used random placement so the car parts are almost never found in the same locations twice. The rest of the game makes it all interesting with the game generated enemies. But I also add one special sniper enemies spawn that spawns on roof tops to prevent me from getting lazy. Procedural does not always have to mean boring and predictable if it is done with creativity and in a way to get the player to use their imagination to fill in the back stories (such as is done with environmental story telling).

One mod I would like to make someday if official toolkit comes out, will be random placed (around the player's location ) "ne'er do wells" that are set to be aggressive to the player and or NPC around them with random equipment/weapons.

So I am walking down the street and suddenly there is a commotion in a restaurant with a woman stabbing a guy. My mind is like "oh wow is this a bad break up or was the guy trying to steal her purse maybe?" Then she turns to attack me and I think OH(!) she must be the robber! Or she turns and runs past me (not attacking) to get away. All this is simple random flags but done in a way that allows for a lot of "different" small interesting events.

Top Bottom