The 6th Attribute

+
Before the Patch, and I am not sure if this has been covered, the 6th slot made it look pretty obvious they may implement a new attribute. Personally, I want to see a driving attribute, the implementation of goons in cars, chop shops to alter your vehicles, weapon mounts that are illegal to the NCPD, and most importantly (although irrelevant) more than one LMG archetype, in the game.

I thought they had "Body" broken into two attributes originally - Strength and Constitution?

Or perhaps it was the "Humanity" aspect that was shown on upgrades in the 2018 gameplay trailer, and perhaps as a cost to becoming more integrated with Cyberware. Would make an interesting thing to balance that could affect how people treat you... if that was every considered.

In any case, it looks like it was supposed to be 6 attributes - and maybe they'll add something in there to fill the space, or remove the UI part completely.

Something I"m not sure about - before 1.05 patch, I had that space, but it was static. I think after the patch it now gets digitally garbled when mousing over it.

Probably in a DLC/Expansion. Like Blood and Wine gave you entirely new abilities with the mutagen from the secret lab.

Like others said it's just to represent the chip.. However they did leave out Attractiveness and Empathy as skills from the table top game. I guess if they wanted they could always add those in although I have no idea how you'd build your attractiveness skill up naturally throughout the game. Just walk around and tell NPC's you're attractive? "Hi! I'm extremely attractive!" (+20xp: You can now wear fancy shoes!)

I still want to see some infrastructure in-game that rewards a players desire to avoid fast traveling. Not to mention more freedom to explore the buildings that protrude from NC, along with more intimate access to all of them. Don't even get me started on how empty the waterways are. I need some Lovecraftian experiments deep diving around. Too bad they constrained themselves to a board game from days of yore. I thought this title was derived from a multitude of game titles.I guarantee they will fill the slot. I was hoping more folks would scratch their brains and put out what they wanted to see, regardless of the creative constraints placed by holding to a board games rules. After all, you can always improve, and make a new rendition of the old rules!

I still want to see some infrastructure in-game that rewards a players desire to avoid fast traveling. Not to mention more freedom to explore the buildings that protrude from NC, along with more intimate access to all of them. Don't even get me started on how empty the waterways are. I need some Lovecraftian experiments deep diving around. Too bad they constrained themselves to a board game from days of yore. I thought this title was derived from a multitude of game titles.I guarantee they will fill the slot. I was hoping more folks would scratch their brains and put out what they wanted to see, regardless of the creative constraints placed by holding to a board games rules. After all, you can always improve, and make a new rendition of the old rules!

Board game? How about no? Cyberpunk is a PnP game in the same vein as DnD.

I assumed it's Johnny/biochip too! I did expect it to be... unlocked eventually but so far - nopes! :censored:

But am pretty suuuure we'll get to see it turn into something usable eventually!

Board game? How about no? Cyberpunk is a PnP game in the same vein as DnD.
XD Ok. That does nothing in terms of the conversation I'm trying to have. I think it is understood that regardless of the style of game it originates from, it still has roots in another medium. Thanks for specifying though.
Post automatically merged:

I assumed it's Johnny/biochip too! I did expect it to be... unlocked eventually but so far - nopes! :censored:

But am pretty suuuure we'll get to see it turn into something usable eventually!
What would you like to see, if that is their long term goal? I'd honestly like to know.

I should have specified that I want this thread to be a discussion on possible fills for the empty slot, under the assumption that it is currently just a saved space for their design team to implement a new facet of play style into the game. For those positively attuned users, I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy Holiday in general!

You can even try to put an attribute point in it and it makes the the noise but nothing happens
What would you like to see in that slot if you had a say?

You can even try to put an attribute point in it and it makes the the noise but nothing happens

You can unlock it through a special mission, it adds two more months to Vs life before she then dies horribly of Johnnitis ...

/s

These threads are completely pointless. The game offers more than meets the eye. Stop discussing, start enjoying Cyberpunk.

I personally want to see more social options. While sometimes a high enough skill like cool can open up new options in conversations, there is a lack of classic choices like Lie, Intimidate, Convince Bluff etc. Role playing would benefit a lot from it, and they could also create combinated skill checks, like phisically intimidating somebody, you need a certain level body, and social skill level etc.

These threads are completely pointless. The game offers more than meets the eye. Stop discussing, start enjoying Cyberpunk.
Life is pointless, and I am still enjoying it and this game. I only play the game of life for the mini-games, and this mini-game has me excited. So excited I want to reach into the mindset of community and get a view of what folks want in the additional content they are planning to release early this year. So :p. Also, you replied with a pointless response to a pointless thread. Go you! -____-

I personally want to see more social options. While sometimes a high enough skill like cool can open up new options in conversations, there is a lack of classic choices like Lie, Intimidate, Convince Bluff etc. Role playing would benefit a lot from it, and they could also create combinated skill checks, like phisically intimidating somebody, you need a certain level body, and social skill level etc.
You actually donated to the discussion in a meaningful way...Dear sweet Baby Jesus...That would be pretty cool. If they did make a social skill tree, I'd want you to be able to recruit goons as a bonus. That way it supplements your combat through unique means. Particularly if they introduce factions liking you. Would love karma points with the gangs/NCPD/corpos of Night City.

Last edited:
I think it's more likely
The 6th (corrupt) slot represents the biochip.
because there were supposed to be more paths to choose from as you build. Initially the spider bot was going to be a companion but everything you could do with the bot could also be done by the net runner so they ditched the bot. The empty slot is probably leftover from when they hacked it out.

If they're going to use it for anything how about making it an upgrade for the mini map so it's not quite so terrible. I'd have thought the thing could zoom out at least as well as a crappy TomTom from 2006

Top Bottom