The Almighty Day 1 Patch. Lets see the difference.

+

Do you agree?`

• I agree

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • I disagree

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I'm in tears...can't read now.

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
So the game has shipped out to specific people. I want them to compare side by side the copies they have received and the day one patch. PERHAPS we will be really impressed and forgiving. I think if they want to regain the trust of the players this is a must.

What exactly are you talking about?
You'll need to rephrase your question as I don't know what you're talking about. Are you asking "what day one patch" are you asking "who has copies of the game" are you asking "what do you mean by 'I want them to compare side by side the copies they have received and the day one patch. ' " You'll need to be more specific gregski.

What do you mean by: "So the game has shipped out to specific people"?

Do some people receive their copies already? Or are you refering to the 4/5 hours that some people played in advance?

What do you mean by: "So the game has shipped out to specific people"?

Do some people receive their copies already? Or are you refering to the 4/5 hours that some people played in advance?
Yes we learned a content complete version was shipped out to people. Specifically in Germany I believe. They won all the awards at gamescom. There was a big complaint that Cyberpunk wasn't even at Gamescom so how can they win the awards especially the best at show. In response CDPR stated that the judges received content complete copies of the game.

1603891917332.png

Last edited:
Yes we learned Content complete version were shipped out to people. Specifically in Germany I believe. They won all the awards at gamescom. There was a big complaint that Cyberpunk wasn't even at Gamescom so how can they win the awards especially the best at show. In response CDPR stated that the judges received content complete copies of the game.

Either the delay is a supposed "gag* rumor with watch dog, either it'll be leaked pretty fast.

Popcorn moment.

So the game has shipped out to specific people.

Sorry to go off-topic but the fact you mentioned shipped copies got me thinking about reviews and review embargo dates. I assume they've all been moved too. I'm not even sure what the original dates for those things were.

Seeing (hopefully excellent) review scores using the Nov 19th time-frame would (might) be one way to help people who are skeptical pass the time with more optimism. Some reviews include gameplay footage so maybe that would help too?

However, if the day 1 patch is so important then wouldn't review scores be in danger of taking a beating? Do they get a separate patch? One that is as recent as possible? I wonder what CDPR's plan was in that regard.

I remember Days Gone being reviewed without the day 1 patch and some reviews were very critical of certain issues, issues that were removed for players due to the aforementioned update.

Last edited:
I don't get the meaning of the title (sorry), but if this is asking if we are expecting a Day 1 patch well, every videogame or so got a Day 1 patch nowadays, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised. And probably another patches afterwards when gamers will encounter fatal crashes and savestate bug, due to hardware/OS compatibility.

Cdpr confirmed no early ones have been sent out
Post automatically merged:

Yes we learned a content complete version was shipped out to people. Specifically in Germany I believe. They won all the awards at gamescom. There was a big complaint that Cyberpunk wasn't even at Gamescom so how can they win the awards especially the best at show. In response CDPR stated that the judges received content complete copies of the game.

They would have received the same "content complete" demo the others got to play earlier in the year

Please provide a link/screen to that statement by CDPR. Otherwise - this is just pure speculation.

Please provide a link/screen to that statement by CDPR. Otherwise - this is just pure speculation.

Actually this prompted me to google it up. While I hate to contradict my self - this tweet by @cyberpunkgame actually seems to make it more believable that certain judges actually played the game - as aparently they are on the "age rating board" in germany.

So - less cd sending out copies of the game to random game awards judges and more judges of said game awards needing to actually have copies of the game to put out a rating.

Do age review boards get full game copies ahead of time to put out the rating? It makes perfect sense, but I dont actually know.

And this does mention the they dont even know what the judges who work for that board even voted for. Possible all of the ones who played the supposed full game didnt even vote for CP2077.

Actually this prompted me to google it up. While I hate to contradict my self - this tweet by @cyberpunkgame actually seems to make it more believable that certain judges actually played the game - as aparently they are on the "age rating board" in germany.

So - less cd sending out copies of the game to random game awards judges and more judges of said game awards needing to actually have copies of the game to put out a rating.

Do age review boards get full game copies ahead of time to put out the rating? It makes perfect sense, but I dont actually know.

Thanks. This doesn't explicitly mean that judges received their copies - those playthroughs might have been done in controlled environment, under CDPR supervision. At least that's what I would expect.

Thanks. This doesn't explicitly mean that judges received their copies - those playthroughs might have been done in controlled environment, under CDPR supervision. At least that's what I would expect.

Exactly - the same way the jurnos got they hand on CP2077 few months ago (via GeForce Now streaming service).

CP2077 has been winning convention trophies all year long, it doesn't mean they have a playable game at the event.

Also, I was under the impression that at least some hands-on playtesting was done on a game streaming platform or a virtual desktop of some sort, meaning no actual game copies were shipped and no data stored on the playtesters computer. Due to the massive amount of articles on CP2077, I cannot find this particular tidbit of info on short notice, but I remember reading it.

What I hope is that the day 1 patch and the delay itself will give enough time for CD Projekt to take advantage of next gen consoles capabilities.

I hope that the enhancements upon release are not just resolution bumps, but have also graphical upgrades and maybe 60 fps mode.

Game will be running great on PS5 and Xbox Series X, but if it runs like it does on PS4 and XB1 then the graphics will probably be on very low settings. Which is kind of unacceptable. So I hope that instead of just raising the resolution and calling it a day, that they will also increase the graphics settings.

Guest 4406876

Only 60gb pfff no way 100gb more like it
I got my new 1TB sabrent M2 ready to roll for that occasion :D it's empty and eager, my internet bandwidth on the other hand....Butafter downloading RdR2 from Rockstar Launcher and Microsoft FS2020 from steam (and then their launcher) nothing scares me anymore XD

Top Bottom