The amnesiacs

+
The amnesiacs

thank you for making such a great great game! I am originally from Ukraine but have been living in the states for more than half my life. Art and video games have always been some of my favorite hobbies. Recently I've been making drawings based on some of my favorite video games, which now includes The Witcher 2. If anyone is interested my website is http://www.albertwint.com/

below is my top 10 list

1. Planescape Torment
2. Baldur's Gate 2
3. Baldur's Gate
4. Vampire Bloodlines, the Masquerade
5. Witcher 2
6. Baldur's Gate, Throne of Bhaal
7. Arcanum
8. Witcher
9. Mass Effect
10. Fallout, New Vegas

Oooh, nice picture!

It's nice to see Nameless and Morte and to know that people haven't forgotten them. I adore Planescape: Torment, so it's nice to see those characters still in people's minds.

And Minsc! I loved him in Baldur's Gate 2. I thought he was voiced really well, plus you gotta love a guy who says, "You point, I punch." I like party members who don't give me any lip. :) I don't remember him as having had amnesia, though. I thought he was far from home, protecting his sorceress and trying to earn his way into the cool guy's lodge (I've forgotten its exact name), but I didn't remember that he had amnesia.

Forum veteran
Corylea said:
I don't remember him as having had amnesia, though. I thought he was far from home, protecting his sorceress and trying to earn his way into the cool guy's lodge (I've forgotten its exact name), but I didn't remember that he had amnesia.
I'm going to second this. Pretty sure Minsc doesn't have amnesia. Cool picture, though. Also, have to give respect to anyone who puts Arcanum on a top 10 list :)

That picture is really good :D

Corylea said:
It's nice to see Nameless and Morte and to know that people haven't forgotten them. I adore Planescape: Torment, so it's nice to see those characters still in people's minds.

I've heard so many people say that. I finally found it cheap on Amazon and just started it today :D Somehow I accidentally provoked Morte into biting me to death while I tried to equip a scalpel to fight zombies :p

thank you, I appreciate all the compliments!

yes, I think Amnesia for Minsc was a bit of a stretch, I'll have to think of another title. That did remind me of another great game, especially in atmosphere called "Amnesia, the dark descent " which I never finished because the witcher 2 came out:) need to get back on that.

WardDragon said:
I finally found it cheap on Amazon and just started it today :D Somehow I accidentally provoked Morte into biting me to death while I tried to equip a scalpel to fight zombies :p
Oh, dear. I didn't know you could even DO that. I hope things improve from now on. :)

I also played the game for the first time just this year -- I don't know how I missed it before -- and I was surprised at how wonderful it was. Then I read somewhere that the CDPR guys localized Planescape: Torment to Poland, so they've been over that game in great detail; that may be part of why The Witcher is so wonderful -- they learned from the best.

If this is your first time playing the game, you might want to check out this list of the best mods for Planescape: Torment; I found the list very helpful in getting an ancient game to look good and run well in 2011.

Oh, that's lovely! You really make me want to play Planescape: Torment again. I never managed to finish it due to an unfortunate hard drive crash.

That little Mort skull makes me smile :D

Do we all have the same tastes here or what?

I started loving RPG's with Baldur's Gate II when I was in high school (I know, I arrived late...). Then played Throne of Bhaal, Baldur's Gate 1, and so on. Last year I bought a DVD set of all BG's and another of Planescape: Torment. I have to say... what a wonderful game PS:T is! It really is a book in game form, and as many have pointed out already, probably the one true computer RPG.

Speaking of PS:T and The Witcher, it would be cool, I guess, if Geralt had different things to say depending on how we develop him and what he remembers.

"Jump on my sword while you can, evil. I won't be as gentle!"
"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes! AARGGHH!!"

Forum veteran
volsung84 said:
Do we all have the same tastes here or what?
No, but some games are just so good that the haters can't hate. You know, because the games rock and all that. It's called rockblocking.

Also, everyone who hates Planescape is immediately struck down by a higher power. Some sins just can't be forgiven.

+LIKE

Rweally nice o-o
I love how you just combine all the sketchy lines together and came out so great.

I'm into #4, too. The PC game, both Requiem and Masquerade. xD

Very nice! Minsc and Boo were great companions lol. Vampire TM and Bloodlines I played so much. Good memories here. Thanks for sharing!

yes, great story and characters will always be remembered. Most of the new video games I play today I quickly forget. On the other hand I still remember most of the what happened in Torment, Baldur's gates, Arcanum etc.. Who's going to forget an Ingnus, an Irenicus, a Minsk, a Fall from grace, a modron . Who? Not me I tell U! A toast to damn good writing! When I play new games now I always hope that the artists behind the games have the balls to say NO! we're going to do this game our way even if it isn't what our publishers tell us "sells to the widest margins" and then cuts our funding:) A toast to the people behind the Witcher 2 for sticking to their balls! And a toast to the dream of them taking it even further one day(after the Witcher 3) and making something as wacked out crazy good as Torment/Arcanum. Until then I am still super happy camper with their effort on the Witcher 2, so another toast to the witcher 2 .. trip over table.. spills drink... knocks over and breaks priceless item, passes out.....

Forum veteran
Monteron said:
Who's going to forget an Ingnus, an Irenicus, a Minsk, a Fall from grace, a modron . Who?
Oh, Fall-From-Grace. My favorite character in anything, ever. I even have the background music from the Brothel of Slating Intellectual Lusts as my iPhone ringtone.

Count me a fan of the Modron picture. Poor Modrons don't get enough love, these days ):

Top Bottom