The Arasakas (SPOILERS)

+
So I got to the end, and ran through 4 (of what I've heard listed as 6 or 7 endings?) and all other big issues with the ending(s) aside (lotta other posts about that) I was struck by the fact that if I chose Johnny/Rogue or Panam there's no showdown with the Arasakas. I was POSTIVIE that at some point hitting Arasaka Tower with Panam or Rogue there'd be a showdown/confrontation with Hanako and/or Yorinobu. But nothing. Even the Johnny/Rogue assault starts you out in the rainforest boardroom and I got all excited for kicking some corporat CEO butt, and nothing.

Did I miss something?

Well, they're utterly ruined by what you do.

Arguably, Arasaka is doomed but they probably kept them alive for sequels.

True but that doesn't make it better. A showdown with a CEO would have been dramatically intense and satisfying.

Sure and if they're keeping them for some story down the road I understand, but it doesn't change that dramatically it really seemed like there was going to be that showdown. Especially when as Johnny you crash land in the middle of their boardroom. Johnny doesn't like Arasaka :giggle:

Johnny doesn't like the corporation Arasaka or the "deceased" head Suburo, As far as the latter is concerned he believes him dead, as to the former, he already nuked them and it made no difference hence his focus is on mikoshi and why he puts your focus there and to alt, them Smasher when he hears him, it's only through mikoshi the chip can be separated they believe and only Alt that can do it, again what he believes and it ties with his plans to destroy it

The only person interested in Arasaka the family is Goro hence why you deal with that with him

I'm actually pretty sure that Yorinobu and V are on the same side. They just don't realize it and can never realize it because they don't talk.
Saying that Yorinobu is on Johnnys side would be more accurate. There is a reason he had the engram in the first place.
He wasn't on my Vs side though so he got dealt with along with Johnny. Basically becoming the Joker and setting the world on fire isn't the way to go IMO.

I'm actually pretty sure that Yorinobu and V are on the same side. They just don't realize it and can never realize it because they don't talk.
I could see that logic. But that means the reason why we don't deal with Hanako in the final mission anywhere. Is because Yori is killing his sister. While ALT steals Saburo's engram. But nothing is mentioned in any of the other endings. You'd think something that big of him, being the only survivor of the terrorist attack would have been apart of the news.

I could see that logic. But that means the reason why we don't deal with Hanako in the final mission anywhere. Is because Yori is killing his sister. While ALT steals Saburo's engram. But nothing is mentioned in any of the other endings. You'd think something that big. Of him being the only survivor of the terrorist attack would have been apart of the news.
In one of the endings I remember hearing in a news report something about how messed up Arasaka was but I don't recall the details.

Well, someone storms your building guns blazing, the last place the higher ups of the company should be...is in the building.
I also think you are all giving Yurin boy too much credit.

In one of the endings I remember hearing in a news report something about how messed up Arasaka was but I don't recall the details.
Yeah. There's no details. They just say the company has collapsed. They don't mention Hananko/Yori is dead. I still would like to know. Which of the endings is the cannon ending.

They're both interested in taking down Arasaka, barring the Devil ending. It's just that Yorinobu blames V because it's the way to help do it from the inside.
Ok I didn't get that Yorinobu wanted to take down Arasaka. Just thought he wanted to take over Arasaka. Especially if he got the notion of what his father intended with the Relic, immortality and never giving up control of Arasaka.

Ok I didn't get that Yorinobu wanted to take down Arasaka. Just thought he wanted to take over Arasaka. Especially if he got the notion of what his father intended with the Relic, immortality and never giving up control of Arasaka.
Did you play through the Arasaka ending?

It is logically the only ending that shows the full extent of Yorinobus madness. He hated his father with a passion and wanted to destroy everything he built up. Even being totally OK with killing his sisters if that is what is required. He claims to do it to free people. Yet that is an excuse that pretty much only a terrorist can make considering he didn't give a damn about how many innocents he is getting killed. Does that remind you of a certain Rocker boy?

His final words with you pretty much sum it up.
"50 years ago this building was nothing but rubble and what did it accomplish? Nothing. So if planting bombs is not enough what can you do? You become the bomb."

Did you play through the Arasaka ending?

It is logically the only ending that shows the full extent of Yorinobus madness. He hated his father with a passion and wanted to destroy everything he built up. Even being totally OK with killing his sisters if that is what is required. He claims to do it to free people. Yet that is an excuse that pretty much only a terrorist can make considering he didn't give a damn about how many innocents he is getting killed. Does that remind you of a certain Rocker boy?

His final words with you pretty much sum it up.
"50 years ago this building was nothing but rubble and what did it accomplish? Nothing. So if planting bombs is not enough what can you do? You become the bomb."

Ok sure he hated his dad and wanted to kill. I assumed however he wanted to destroy his dad an take Arasaka. Not destroy his dad and destroy Arasaka. What's the point of destroying Arasaka after Saburo is dead?

Nonetheless, being the victim of Arasaka family machinations I thought a showdown during the chaos of the assault on Arasaka tower would have been appropriate.

I played through that ending today just to get it... and I was really struck by how in the end Yorinobu was offered as the new vessel of Saburo Arasakas Engram. Wonder what happens if you don't kick the gun (with only one bullet) away?!

So I got to the end, and ran through 4 (of what I've heard listed as 6 or 7 endings?) and all other big issues with the ending(s) aside (lotta other posts about that) I was struck by the fact that if I chose Johnny/Rogue or Panam there's no showdown with the Arasakas. I was POSTIVIE that at some point hitting Arasaka Tower with Panam or Rogue there'd be a showdown/confrontation with Hanako and/or Yorinobu. But nothing. Even the Johnny/Rogue assault starts you out in the rainforest boardroom and I got all excited for kicking some corporat CEO butt, and nothing.

Did I miss something?
In the DLC they will hunt you down. And everyone else, so tears will form a river and everyone will complain about how can CDPR be so eviiiil.

Top Bottom