The Arena Mode - Opinions?

+
The Arena Mode - Opinions?

On today's stream the Arena Mode finally has been revealed. What do you guys think about it?

No faction restrictions, no gold or silver limit... So much chaos, Gaunter O'Dimm style, I like it! Can't wait for the new patch to come.

Looks pretty cool. I wonder if the Shupe and Ciri:Nova card number restrictions are still in effect?

Rawls;n10475592 said:
Looks pretty cool. I wonder if the Shupe and Ciri:Nova card number restrictions are still in effect?

Yup. So, Ciri is useless (sorry, guys). But getting Shupe is like hitting the jackpot.

4RM3D;n10475612 said:
Yup. So, Ciri is useless (sorry, guys). But getting Shupe is like hitting the jackpot.

But...what if you are lucky and get all silver and gold? On theory Nova should still works

Lyserus;n10475712 said:
But...what if you are lucky and get all silver and gold? On theory Nova should still works
If you had zero bronze cards, you wouldn't have two of any bronze. So I don't think that would work.

PhantomX_Destiny;n10475862 said:
I was told to post here instead of Reddit so here goes my first reply, Arena looks good another game mode is gonna shake things up, can't wait to try it!

Welcome.

:cheers:

I can't even tell how excited I am for the new mode, it sounds awesome. There are going to be so many possibilites!

First thing I'll do is create some fun lore decks with my favorite characters from the books. What will you guys try out first?

Rawls;n10475592 said:

SrdjanB;n10475852 said:
Would getting two Shupes cancel them out?

wander if Shupe algoirtm checks only bronzes since its impossible to have two golds or silvers in deck now. In such case two shupies could work, at least untill first update ;)
also i think that 'no brones' still counts as 'every bronze in two copies'

And my thougt: picking tons of Temerian Infatry-like units. Wise or not? getting only 2 sucks, but getting 5 makes sense i think.

Greyboxer just mentioned on the podcast that using the actual faction card backs instead of just the leader's cardback would make the arena mode a bit more skillreliant, as you could maybe predict more what cards your opponent might have. And i agree with that. Arena will be much more about pure value cards that dont rely on engines or synergies.

It looks like a lot of chaos and.... lots of RNG lol. I think they should rework a few cards for this game mode or just take them out of rotation. Like the Temerian Infantrymen.

Opinion or not. But all can i say so far is that i eagerly waiting for the Arena mode. Ive been hoarding ore for some time now. Cant wait to sell my soul to Gaunter:smiling2:

This is going to be the first iteration, so I'm not going to be super critical. It looks to be bunches of fun.

However, the fact that there are no limits to golds or silvers, I think, will be very problematic. People will get extremely salty when they get no good cards, or go against over a dozen golds and silvers. Once the "new" novelty wares off, that will probably be the first thing people will complain about.

I honestly think a better system would be 15 bronze, 6 silver, 4 gold. You draft bronze first, then silver, then gold, then leader. All the other rules still apply. I think this would allow people to better understand what they're up against, in addition to preventing major defeats that could occur with 10+ golds and silvers.

But again, it's not a super critical thing because we have no idea how it will pan out until it releases. This is just my assumption.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10476412 said:
Anyone willing to list stuff they announced in the stream? The Twitch video won't load, for whatever reason.

Arena mode and Ongoing Faction Challenge. ST vs SK.

Arena Mode: 150 ore / 1.99$ for a run. 9 wins or 3 lives. For two wins you get your wager back. If you win all 9 games youll get random premuim legendary on top of every other reward. If you lose youll get 1 guaranteed keg. You make a pool of cards choosing 1 of 4 each time. No faction restrictions. So youll be picking ANY cards. No limits for golds as well. Then you you play game as usual.

New boards(battlefield) also confirmed. For Arena. For Thronebreaker and for ranked, probably.

ETA - When its ready. But they said that its a WiP. So i dont think feel get it soon. No sooner than next season, imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom