The Arena Mode - Opinions?

+
Not too interested personally, more looking forward to the vampire update and that new faction but everyone has their taste. I don't know much about it though so I'll reserve judgement until it's out.

Edit: By the way I have 10 posts and I think we already established that I'm not a bot or a spammer, when may I post post my own thread about things that interest me? It still wont let me post this is really ridiculous.

Last edited:
Hellsmoke77;n10478672 said:
Edit: By the way I have 10 posts and I think we already established that I'm not a bot or a spammer, when may I post post my own thread about things that interest me? It still wont let me post this is really ridiculous.

It takes some time for the system to catch up. You should be able to create a new thread within a day.

No faction restrictions, no gold or silver limit - IS BAD
Its like random in the square. You cannot predict any card from opponent, you just vomit points on the board. No strategy at all
Even in HS arena is predictable at least a little. There is pure random.
I was "wow" before stream, now Im "meh"
If i want pure random i can play any other childish card game

I can't say I'm all that interested, tbh.
I feel I'd rather spend my ore on kegs for better guaranteed value... but we'll see once the new mode eventually gets launched.

Im excited to play it but i am very disappointed that they could not come up with anything new. Even the name is stolen from HS. They could have at least called it something like trial of mirrors or whatever. I was simply hoping for more...

I'm happy we start to see new game modes being developed, Gwent desperately needs them.

Judging by yesterday's stream, I think a lot of tinkering still has to be done when it comes to 'balance' the Arena Mode, speaking of deckbuilding.
(looks like it's a weatherspam right now, since total randomness in deckbuilding does not allow synergies to exist, looks repetitive).

But I'm sure that given time they will adjust it, I appreciated how they stressed that it's just a 'work in progress'.

The system where you pay ore to make a contract with O'Dimm, rewards depending on making it to 9 victories with 3 expendable lives, it looks very promising :).
(I wish there was a harsher penalty for losing all 3 lives...I hope they'll implement a Game Over screen where O'Dimm taunts you and takes its due, which has to be repaid, that's why he came for you...-insert Master Mirror's tune-:D)

I'm totally for new game modes and game balance as opposed to introducing too many new cards who always create some problems.
By now the game has a lot of completely useless cards who could be reworked to revitalize or create archetypes.

I display cautious optimism ;).

It will be something new, which is good enough, and if some people do not like it they wont be forced to play it anyway:).

jamin.fuller;n10476532 said:
I honestly think a better system would be 15 bronze, 6 silver, 4 gold. You draft bronze first, then silver, then gold, then leader. All the other rules still apply. I think this would allow people to better understand what they're up against, in addition to preventing major defeats that could occur with 10+ golds and silvers.

I agree, and hope they'll change it like that.

I'm new to card games and don't knlw much about these Arena modes, but wouldn't this be more hardcore and competitive than standard Ranked mode? You need much better card knowledge to put together a deck made out of randoms.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10484102 said:
I'm new to card games and don't knlw much about these Arena modes, but wouldn't this be more hardcore and competitive than standard Ranked mode? You need much better card knowledge to put together a deck made out of randoms.

It will be more difficult because you'll need to create a deck on the fly and try to pick the best options along the way. But even then, there are some basic guidelines as to what to pick and what to avoid. On the other hand, because of the RNG factor, I don't think Arena will be more competitive.

When you guys are saying it'll launch? Extremely positive news. Can we expect arena-specific cards in future to be printed or singleplayer cards from Thronebreaker to be in card pool?

Personally I think it's neither here nor there. Never liked draft/arena modes in any card game. At the end of the day I gravitated toward GWENT because of the relative lack of RNG. Arena mode is ALL RNG.

I won't play it. But I understand there are many who will so maybe it will be good for the game overall.

metalmaniac21;n10484222 said:
When you guys are saying it'll launch?

It still needs some testing, so we need to be patient.
Whenever the official release is near, I'm sure CDPR will announce it :)

Guest 4226291

Guys it’s pretty obvious. All interactions are obvious what will happen. Ciri: Nova will still work if you have zero bronzes, because her condition stipulates that for EVERY bronze there must be another copy of it, if you have zero bronzes, then her condition is still met. In other words, you can’t have an odd number of bronzes. **If** you do have a bronze card in your deck, there must be a second copy of it. Getting two Shupe’s will obviously cancel. His effect stipulates you can only have ONE of each card. Having two Shupe cards is against that.

It’s pretty simply

I feel like the Ciri:Nova question is largely academic. The chances of getting 0 bronze or 2 of each bronze both seem ridiculously unlikely. Ciri:Nova is not a card you'd want to be grabbing in Arena.

Gwent Arena

Why announce the gamemode weeks/months now all the hype is gona at least for me why not announce it a week from the release..?

Top Bottom