The Art of The Witcher 2

+
The Art of The Witcher 2

Make sure to visit Kotaku and check out the gallery of character renders from The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. All of the models shown in the linked article were created by Marcin Błaszczak, Senior Character Artist at CDP RED Studio.
Click here to view the gallery.

Yep, those are some pretty good renders. Great detail.

I like how the armors/clothing is fantasy designed but still feeling authentic. Great looking art design, that is among the best I have seen. If one compares the Witcher armors to Oblivions and Skyrims armors it just seem like skyrims and oblivions armors are cosplay pieces, their armors are so unpractical and wierd looking.

I'm also very impressed with The Witchers weapons, they really seem wieldable, also very authentic looking and not like Oblivions/Skyrims/Dragon Ages over the top weapons.

TheImmortal said:
Yep, those are some pretty good renders. Great detail.

I like how the armors/clothing is fantasy designed but still feeling authentic. Great looking art design, that is among the best I have seen. If one compares the Witcher armors to Oblivions and Skyrims armors it just seem like skyrims and oblivions armors are cosplay pieces, their armors are so unpractical and wierd looking.

I'm also very impressed with The Witchers weapons, they really seem wieldable, also very authentic looking and not like Oblivions/Skyrims/Dragon Ages over the top weapons.

I think the problem with a lot of fantasy art, especially in games, is small reference pools. A lot of the time, familiar, popular designs and looks within the genre are copied over and over, degenerating to a point where everything looks the same, with the same exaggerated features, giant shoulderpads etc. The guys at CDPR obviously took a different route, looking for inspiration in classic art and history, so everything feels more fresh and natural.

That's excellent :) However, I would love to see CD Projekt release an updated and complete artbook for The Witcher 2.

I felt the PC CE and Dark Edition versions of the artbooks could've been better. My main suggestion is to include the 3D models and a concept gallery, especially for the knights and infantry of the Northern Kingdom. I've noticed there's no feature on Serrit or Auckes as well.

I remember playing computer games where everything was made with ASCII characters. It's amazing how far games have come in such a short time. Those renders are gorgeous!

Corylea said:
I remember playing computer games where everything was made with ASCII characters. It's amazing how far games have come in such a short time. Those renders are gorgeous!
Yeah, not so long ago I was playing MUDs, and in some ways I liked it more than games with poor graphic. But in games like TW You can really feel the game world (especially in 3d). I really like the way how TW2 graphics is done, They don't try to make a photocopy of reality, it's more about impression (I love forest around Flotsam).
And those renders are gorgeous indeed. I hope that some day graphic cards will be able to give us such quality in game :)

MM360 said:
Make sure to visit Kotaku and check out the gallery of character renders from The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. All of the models shown in the linked article were created by Marcin Błaszczak, Senior Character Artist at CDP RED Studio.

Click here to view the gallery.

What software was used to make these renders?

Maybe I missed something from my several playthroughs but what is this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked it up online and found this very cool link:

http://marcinb.cghub.com/images/the-witcher-2/

Apparently it was a design for a Wraith, but I don't remember seeing it in-game.

Aver

Forum veteran
Volsung said:
Maybe I missed something from my several playthroughs but what is this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked it up online and found this very cool link:

http://marcinb.cghub.com/images/the-witcher-2/

Apparently it was a design for a Wraith, but I don't remember seeing it in-game.

They are in the game. For example in the mist and in the catacombs of Verden. But there is a lot of smoke around them and they have weapons.

Just awesome design and attention to detail, the PC version in-game has the fidelity to match.

Top Bottom