The battle between Monsters and Skellige is on!

+
Doydl;n10955063 said:
All the people complaining about Skellige: keep in mind that skellige lost both of its previous challenges (the very 1st vs NR and vs ST). Also, monsters have an astronomical amount of grave hate, so it should be favored.

Right. And monsters didn't lose both of its previous challenges? (first vs NG, second vs NR)

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
ser2440;n10961375 said:
Right. And monsters didn't lose both of its previous challenges? (first vs NG, second vs NR)

So, this is a very well thought out faction challenge then. Now, at least one of these faction will have its first win and then we can know which is the weakest faction. But, what is the win condition? How is the winner decided? The number of matches won by each faction? (If it is the case, it will be skewed right? The number of people who took the challenge should also be a deciding factor.)

rrc;n10961390 said:
So, this is a very well thought out faction challenge then. Now, at least one of these faction will have its first win and then we can know which is the weakest faction. But, what is the win condition? How is the winner decided? The number of matches won by each faction? (If it is the case, it will be skewed right? The number of people who took the challenge should also be a deciding factor.)

won matches by people who participate. If you take part supporting monsters, I assume your skellige wins if you play SK during the week, won't count.

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
ser2440;n10961411 said:
won matches by people who participate. If you take part supporting monsters, I assume your skellige wins if you play SK during the week, won't count.

So, lets say for example, if hundred people supported Monsters and thousand people supported Skellige, it is an auto-win for Skellige. It should also take into account the number of people participated. Lets say if the Monsters got 1000 wins and Skellige got 2000 wins, Monsters should be considered as winners since they got 10x wins where as Skellge got only 2x wins per participants. If they only see the number of matches won, then the faction with most people will win easily.

rrc;n10961456 said:
So, lets say for example, if hundred people supported Monsters and thousand people supported Skellige, it is an auto-win for Skellige. It should also take into account the number of people participated. Lets say if the Monsters got 1000 wins and Skellige got 2000 wins, Monsters should be considered as winners since they got 10x wins where as Skellge got only 2x wins per participants. If they only see the number of matches won, then the faction with most people will win easily.

Yeah, but to be fair, I don't know how it counts. I don't think they take it into account because when the action challenge was ST vs SK, and ST was EVERYWHERE, they ended up winning 67% vs SK's own 34%. So I think it's just the number of victories, not the number of people.

Faction with most people should win more easily, because, it's a faction challenge, not a player challenge. If you have fewer but better players on your faction, that doesn't mean you should win, just like if you've got a smaller but better army to field it doesn't mean you will definitely win against one that's not as good but twice the size of yours :p

• RED Point
Pruny;n10961312 said:
Cyclops destroy GS with Kayran and Striga.
Veterans is hard to counter because of braindead point spam.

Cyclops, yes, but they require to be set up since they don't do damage on their own. Kayran and Striga can remove but useful in the early rounds when GS hasn't gotten strengthened and they are not guaranteed to be drawn in the first hand. I don't think there's any deck that's "braindead." I played Veterans and enjoyed it more than GS. The reason being that Veterans required a careful sequencing of cards that were being played. I lost matches cuz I wasn't paying attention. Overall, I like all the archetypes we have right now. Just wish they were all somewhat balanced and competitive among each other.

braindead bears should not exist. veterans should play with skirmishers.
PS.because 12points with no requirements

Last edited:
the way the challenges work righ now is mostly a popularity contest.... whichever faction has the most backers, wins.... there's a little room for better winrates, but the number of supporters is the major determinant.

Void_Singer;n10961909 said:
the way the challenges work righ now is mostly a popularity contest.... whichever faction has the most backers, wins.... there's a little room for better winrates, but the number of supporters is the major determinant.

This. I had my 50 wins for Monsters, but I doubt that the faction will win against Skellige.

Void_Singer;n10961909 said:

Are you surprised? It's supposed to be a battle, and it actually is one. Sparta had great winrates per capita too but yeah... :p

rrc

Forum veteran
I think we will have to wait for the official communication. Damn.. it should have been an automated process to create a new topic under news once the challenge is over. Come on CDPR..

Ya, might want to wait for official announcement.
I wonder if the kegs that were opened after the challenge but before the announcement, will the winner faction 5th card be changed to premium if we have selected?

rrc

Forum veteran
vinceloh78;n10962602 said:
Ya, might want to wait for official announcement.
I wonder if the kegs that were opened after the challenge but before the announcement, will the winner faction 5th card be changed to premium if we have selected?

I am guess with 100% confidence on being 100% accutate that it won't be changed to premium :p

yup, looks like Monsters have overtaken the fields of Ard Skellig, 53% vs Skellige's own 47%

:eek: Did not expect that

rrc

Forum veteran
ser2440;n10962656 said:
yup, looks like Monsters have overtaken the fields of Ard Skellig, 53% vs Skellige's own 47%

:eek: Did not expect that

From where did you get the %?

Last edited:
Top Bottom