The beast is not a beast

+
Why isnt the new The Beast card a beast? its only a specter when it should also be a beast! The fact that its called The Beast but it isnt a beast messes with my head.

The Beast really should get a beast category now that monsters have a functioning beast archetype. Same with barghest.

It makes sense lorewise too since you learn in the OG Witcher game that The Beast of the Viziman outskirts was a tortured dog that came back from death to haunt its torturing human masters. So its a specter dog! same thing with the barghests that The Beast summons. They are specter dogs too!

In The Witcher 1 "The Beast" is a special Bargest appearing at the end of act 1, it is literally its name, like all the other named monsters.
Gael is the exact name of a monster in The Witcher 3, same goes for Penitent, Ozzrel is a contract monster in the first game (with that exact name) and The Beast is the exact name that special ("origin" of the Bargests in that area) Bargest has and how it is always refered to in the entire area.
And since Bargests are specters there is no reason for it to be a beast in addition to a Specter.

In The Witcher 1 "The Beast" is a special Bargest appearing at the end of act 1, it is literally its name, like all the other named monsters.
Gael is the exact name of a monster in The Witcher 3, same goes for Penitent, Ozzrel is a contract monster in the first game (with that exact name) and The Beast is the exact name that special ("origin" of the Bargests in that area) Bargest has and how it is always refered to in the entire area.
And since Bargests are specters there is no reason for it to be a beast in addition to a Specter.
Its called The Beast. Thats a damn good reason.

However the main reason that i suggest The Beast should have the beast category is that it would obviously support the new monster rat beast archetype that now, maybe isnt ranked material but at least it works. What im making clear in the part of this thread where i talk about The Beasts lore is that it would not be mad to make The Beast a beast.

You can argue all you want about it only being a specter im only saying there is a connection between The Beast and beasts. You cant deny that The Beast and the Barghests getting the beast category would be good for the beast archetype and it would in no way make it too powerful either.

Its called The Beast. Thats a damn good reason.

However the main reason that i suggest The Beast should have the beast category is that it would obviously support the new monster rat beast archetype that now, maybe isnt ranked material but at least it works. What im making clear in the part of this thread where i talk about The Beasts lore is that it would not be mad to make The Beast a beast.

You can argue all you want about it only being a specter im only saying there is a connection between The Beast and beasts. You cant deny that The Beast and the Barghests getting the beast category would be good for the beast archetype and it would in no way make it too powerful either.
It is not that it would make them too strong, lorewise they are not beasts and there is no reason to go for such a stretch, just to buff a certain strategy.

It is not that it would make them too strong, lorewise they are not beasts and there is no reason to go for such a stretch, just to buff a certain strategy.
I thought i made it clear that making The Beast a beast IS NOT such a stretch. Think about it.

Top Bottom