The best counter against autopilot players: Keltullis

+
As a player that have grown tired of seeing players autopilot the same combos the whole match, with little to no control, I made myself a new deck around Keltullis.

Every time I play this card, the opponents stop in their tracks and don't know exactly what to do. It disrupts their game and is a good way to determine whether they have some skill or not.

Give it a go, guys, at the very least you'll get a good laugh.

Last edited:
I love Keltullis as well. Have a couple decks built around that card. Not that they’re particularly successful, but it’s so mich fun how the time the other player takes increases once Keltullis drops on the board. Haven’t played that deck in a while though, might give it a shot today

Payus

Forum regular
I personally really like playing vs Keltulis. Most keltullis players in fact turn to autopilot mode themselves once they have the dragon on board.
But as you said, it promotes ingenuity from the oponnent's side.
Last kelltullis I destroyed got Babjorned, I could almost taste the tears XD

Kelltullis is fun playing with or against it. It's unique and there are a few different strategies to play around it.

My favorite is seeing newbies to the dragon try and play Kelltullis with no other minions on board xD

Yeah, it's easy to beat. But I always enjoy that.....pause......that follows Keltullis landing on the board!

Guest 4368268

Haha, I love that card. I've gotten pretty good at predicting when/if it's gonna come after I saw loads of Keltullis a few months ago. It's funny when you can hard-counter it and even punish your opponent (by playing spies, for instance) but I can also appreciate a good player that can checkmate me with it.

Never had issues facing it, mostly because I run Aristospy so the chances of triggering it's ability are pretty bloody low.

Guest 4404014

Kelt is your typical auto-win against x, y, and z and brick against a, b and c. Same as Igni, Yrden, Regis and other such "pls gimme good match up" cheese cards. Super annoying.

But it's amazing how Oneiromancy and Etherial empowered MO and their previously meme things like this Kelt or row blockage or others. Those two cards should have come with a serious nerf to Caranthir imo. Abusing him got incredibly consistent, and the low commitment tempo is insane.

But that's not to say that other factions aren't even more broken, ofc! ;)

Kelt is your typical auto-win against x, y, and z and brick against a, b and c. Same as Igni, Yrden, Regis and other such "pls gimme good match up" cheese cards. Super annoying.

But it's amazing how Oneiromancy and Etherial empowered MO and their previously meme things like this Kelt or row blockage or others. Those two cards should have come with a serious nerf to Caranthir imo. Abusing him got incredibly consistent, and the low commitment tempo is insane.

But that's not to say that other factions aren't even more broken, ofc! ;)
Caranthir will be nerfed
Has been buffed to 4 power and some assume it will only copy Mo units now.

Ah, Keltullis... My favorite card in the entire game.

I was playing against NG recently and using my favorite consume + Keltullis combination in the final round. The NG player had been attacking Keltullis since he was out of locks and managed to knock Keltullis down to 3 power by the time I ran out of Barghest consumes. We were at even cards, so Keltullis was now effectively bricked. On the next turn, he seized Keltullis using Amnesty and I started to laugh so hard... He'd have been better off discarding the Amnesty card, since he effectively put himself up by two cards which resulted in Keltullis turning on him and destroying two of his own cards over the next two turns.

What surprises me the most is the number of people who, when confronted with a Keltullis + Slyzard combination, will use a move card against the Slyzard... If they simply moved Keltullis to the ranged row, he's just a 9-pt card. :p

Top Bottom