The best king for Skellige

+
The best king for Skellige

First of all SPOILER ALERT! If you don't want to be spoiled, stop reading here.

Ok, so we have Cerys, Hjalmar and Svanrige.
Every one has pros & cons for example:
With Cerys the islands bloom but their military prowess is dulled.
Hjalmar is pretty much Cerys' s opposite, while Svanrige is the best choice all around even though you sacrifice too much for him to rule. You let Birna have it her way and you must forgo Hjalmar's and Cerys's quests.
Question is, would you let him rule nonetheless? ;)
would you choose the best for Crach's children or of Skellige?

Last edited:
Cerys all the way...she wants what is best for the people of Skellige. Yes, their military prowess does decline, but by slowing the pace of raiding and inter-clan violence she allows the islands to grow and prosper.

Besides, all Hjalmar's macho shit gets tiring after a while.

For me there was only one option:

Patient, empathetic and headstrong - Simply the best choice, although I still love Hjalmar.

Who cares about Svanrige? Best thing he did was grass his Mother up so she'd get what she deserved.

For me there was only one option:

Patient, empathetic and headstrong - Simply the best choice, although I still love Hjalmar.

Who cares about Svanrige? Best thing he did was grass his Mother up so she'd get what she deserved.

Svanrige's ark is way more different than that if you forgo Cerys's side quest. I'd dare to say that it is more rewarding and he turns out to be a real badass. The only problem is that you would miss Crach's children quests if you go down his path. :(
It is by far though the best for all of Skellige.

Last edited:
I picked Cerys. She's the most likable and I think uniting the clans + improving the lives of Skellige's people is better than keeping/increasing their military prowess.

Guest 3847602

Cerys for me too. Wise, calm but still badass. Hjalmar has way better King's Gambit quest, though.

Game indirectly told me to choose Cerys as she shows her intelligence in both Possession & Kings gambit quest so I choose her as Smartness is always better than impatience :)

Hjalmar has way better King's Gambit quest, though.

How ? he loose his all mans plus do you really think he alone going to kill that giant ? I think nope its not possible for him but in Cerys case witcher only tell her ways to defeat hym & all idea done by Cerys so she is more deserving I think.

Ohh sorry you are talking about King Gambit quest but how you done his part if you decided to help Cerys ?

Guest 3847602

Ohh sorry you are talking about King Gambit quest but how you done his part if you decided to help Cerys ?

Yes, I've meant quest after massacre at Kaer Trolde. I helped Hjalmar in my 2nd game, but I still felt bad for Cerys :(

Yes, I've meant quest after massacre at Kaer Trolde. I helped Hjalmar in my 2nd game, but I still felt bad for Cerys :(
What happens in Hjalmar quest? Every time i can"t bring myself to choose his side. :unsure: It just doesn't make sense for me.

Svanrige might be the best for Skellige, but I can't imagine Geralt selling out his friends and letting Birna get away with murder to make that happen. I've gone with Cerys each time.

Svanrige is surprisingly capable and seems like a good balance between Cerys and Hjalmar, and maybe the best ruler for Skellige, but I chose Cerys, she is most likable and will make a good queen, Hjalmar is too reckless, great to have at your side as a warrior, but not the best king material.

Svanrige is surprisingly capable and seems like a good balance between Cerys and Hjalmar, and maybe the best ruler for Skellige, but I chose Cerys, she is most likable and will make a good queen, Hjalmar is too reckless, great to have at your side as a warrior, but not the best king material.
I agree. It's strange that Cerys as queen can't help him somehow. He deserves it.

Top Bottom