The Bloody Baron quest line - one of the best ever

+
The Bloody Baron quest line - one of the best ever

Had to post just to say that I finished the entire baron quest line and it moved me. Very rarely in my twenty some odd years of gaming has a game evoked this type of emotional response.

Plus, the game is fun as hell and there are titties.

Thank You CD Projekt Red

I really enjoyed this quest line and while I started out disliking the Baron (Due to certain consequences of his hobbies) I ended up feeling for him and genuinely believing he wanted to redeem himself. Awesome plot and great writing!

I have just completed this story line and it was amazing indeed.And I agree, Baron's voice acting and animations are superb (all those little details, f.e. when he is nervous and can't sheath his knife).
I only hope Geralt will meet "Ladies" again and this time they won't be able to escape... :D

Best character ever! Loved the voice acting. I'm kinda curious about what happened of him and his wife in Blue Mountains. I'd love to see him return in a DLC.

Had to post just to say that I finished the entire baron quest line and it moved me. Very rarely in my twenty some odd years of gaming has a game evoked this type of emotional response.

Plus, the game is fun as hell and there are titties.

Thank You CD Projekt Red

I liked it a lot, the end was so depressing though (Referring to both of them).

I'm kinda curious about what happened of him and his wife in Blue Mountains. I'd love to see him return in a DLC.

I won't like to see him return and I'm not curious what happened to him and his wife in Blue Mountains. Just like I'm not curious how did this quiet and peaceful life out of politics work out for Geralt and Yen. The most and only important thing is that they're together. Geralt and Yen, Baron and Anna.

Not to mention the best way of completing this questline for me will always be saving the orphans which results in Anna being cursed and dying and then Baron hanging himself. They had their moments and he finally saw his daughter Tamara again either way, so I was pretty happy about it, not sad.

Last edited:
For me too.
This Quest line ( including the ladies of the woods) was the best of the game.
too bad, there where no more quests like that
the most following quests weren't so good anymore...

its was good emotional yes bu io prefer the happy tale of kotor i liked those better ,

i was expecting hwnei heard the ambassator a fearsome brutal warrior that , puted together his roup with iron fist and fear ,and some more comlicated stories , it was a letdown for me

The quest would have been way better, if there would have been a third option, that allows you to save the orphans, save the Baron and Anna from her curse without that anyone dies and you having then finally the option to decide by your option,s if you get either result 3.1 that leads to Tamara staying at the Witch Hunters, or 3.2 Tamara returning with Anna to the Baron to restart a new life and begin with each other from new with a bloody baron having learned all his lessons and being just happy, that his family is complete again.

And if you go for 3.2, you see the bloody baron later in the game as a surprise guest in Kaer Morhen, as he wants to repay you his debt from helping him gettign his family together again, literally helping a new friend, when he needs it the most. (and as anotherp oint to allow to make this happen, you havee to give as ciri also the baron a new 3rd answer option, one, that is friendly from ciri towards him, which tells the baron, should he ever be in need of help, that he should look out for Geralt)

I personally dislike both option,s both feel in themself not very satisfying... if you go for route one, you have a split up family, in which all live, but Anna is in an most likely unrecoverable state, that no simple doctor is able to heal
If you go for route 2, you have an destroyed family with mother and father beign dead for some super unimportant orphans being alive and tamara to be disappeared and never been seen again, so that you haven't even the option to give her at the end the cloth doll that you find at the dead baron ...

TW3 is seriously absolotely one of the most best rpgs ive ever player, where your decisions really feel like more or less harsh consequences, but sometimes, these conseuqneces aren't for my personal taste full enough of varieties. its too much of black or white choices, where you would wish, that they exists also a grey route like in this cases, that allows you basically to save the whole family and go for a kind of happy ending (if you like it that way more) that also doesn't lead to the point that the men of the baron go onto a stealing and killing rampage after the end of that quest line cause of having no leader anymore, or havign a leade,r but that gives a *peep* about it, what his people do, cause he goes with his wife to the blue mountains in search for a doctor, leadign to literally the same outcome of stealing and killing innocent people, cause the men of the baron have no one anymore, who leads them.

The same reason, why I#d have loved it, if that quest with that cute fencing girl with her twin sister would have had also an option for a nice ending, nothing of what you can do in that fllow up quest line feels satisfying, as if the devs of CDPR forcefully want it simply, that the situation there escalates so that you can't have an endign to the quest, that feels positive for all that are part in it without that the girl and Geralt have a conflict with each other.
Would have been so simple to add there an option, that lets Geralt convince over the course of some decisions the girl that her attitude earlier was wrong and that leadign to a new another follow up quest, where she will want to show Geral,t that she truly has understood Geralts lessons leading even perhaps to such a nice ending, that you can have a chance to land with her in a nice bed ^^ (with her sister spying and being envious of her, that her sister got a real man before her lol, god that scene and her face would have been so good and priceless to see in the game for sure)

But I think, this kind of details hasn't the game received sadly, due to some kind of budget limits for voice acting and space limitations on the disks for the consoles.

Top Bottom