The Box Art Thread - 2014 Edition

+
The Box Art Thread - 2014 Edition

Hey guys.

The old box art thread is long dead and gone, and thread desecration is definately nothing nice (I'm looking at you, Sard). Also, I'm lazy. So I'm making a new one.

I made a new box art the other night because 1. I was extremely bored and 2. I had this great idea for a backside text and a front design, so I wanted to see how it turns out. Luckily I have a huge database of Cyberpunk art to choose from, so creating something unique wasn't all that sard, uh, hard. I made all myself: Even recreated the data sheet on the bottom of the backside. And of course there's a note that the game originated from Cyberpunk 2020, as it ought to be. Note: The actual box art is extremely high definition (1692x1000pixels), so it may take a while to load on slower PCs if you open the picture in another tab.

What do you think?

Feel free to post you own designs, too, of course.

Last edited:
Cover looks minimalistic but nice, game name (vertical one) could be itsy bitsy smaller but then again can't do nearly as good, backside is good but should be as same style or colors or similar to cover.End of nitpicking.

Cover looks minimalistic but nice, game name (vertical one) could be itsy bitsy smaller but then again can't do nearly as good, backside is good but should be as same style or colors or similar to cover.End of nitpicking.

Not here. I prefer the dramatic cover and the detailed back cover. Gives you Style AND Substance.

I think this should be the front if the cover!

So... If the robot wasn't authorized to shoot to kill before, why did he perforate the other dude on the ground?

FLAWED OS I SAY! TAKE HIM TO THE JUNKYARD!

Not here. I prefer the dramatic cover and the detailed back cover. Gives you Style AND Substance.

Thank you. What do you think is dramatic about the front cover? I decided to try out this design because it represents the game's world pretty good, at least that is what I thought: Brightly lit skyscrapers, surrounded by eternal night (Not really, but... you get the idea.)

Also, I'm a fan of both detailed and simplistic approaches. Always have been. Sometimes less is more, and I like to use my imagination to create the best result possible with the least resources possible (Typical german, I guess... duh.) I could imagine a design like mine to be used for a special edition of the game, aside the Standard edition, a "Dystopian Edition" or something like that.

I wonder if Wisdom would like it, that would be like an official blessing.

Last edited:
So... If the robot wasn't authorized to shoot to kill before, why did he perforate the other dude on the ground?

FLAWED OS I SAY! TAKE HIM TO THE JUNKYARD!

Well of course it's flawed. ;) Why else would it gun down innocent people (or are they?) one at a time. XD

And as you see the Punkyard has already sent a guy to handle it. :2guns:

Top Bottom