The business, economics, and profits of CD Projekt RED, GWENT: The Witcher card video game and selling.

+
You keep playing and earn cards from winning or after each match, just like the way you earn them in the Free to Play (F2P) version.

You instead just get a retail priced video game with no microtransactions in it's multiplayer.

But.. why? Gwent as a retail priced video game will only change 2 things:
1. Smaller playbase. That's just a fact. Things like "the story will beat Hearthstone" are true, but they won't change anything. F2P Card games just sell well, there's no way around this.
2. No microtransactions. And that's the point, why is that is so important to you? Gaining card packs through playing the game will definitely stay the same. So what will change from your point of view? Nothing. With microtransactions, you'll encounter people who have way more cards than you, because they either play Gwent all day long or spent some of their money. Without microtransactions, you'll still encounter people with that many cards, but only because they play all day long. Seriously, your only arguments are: "F2P is bad because I simply don't like it" and "Microtransactions are bad because I simply don't like them".
That's just the same ridiculous wording since page one, and I'm honestly the most stupid person in this thread for still wasting my time here...

But.. why? Gwent as a retail priced video game will only change 2 things:
1. Smaller playbase. That's just a fact. Things like "the story will beat Hearthstone" are true, but they won't change anything. F2P Card games just sell well, there's no way around this.
2. No microtransactions. And that's the point, why is that is so important to you? Gaining card packs through playing the game will definitely stay the same. So what will change from your point of view? Nothing. With microtransactions, you'll encounter people who have way more cards than you, because they either play Gwent all day long or spent some of their money. Without microtransactions, you'll still encounter people with that many cards, but only because they play all day long. Seriously, your only arguments are: "F2P is bad because I simply don't like it" and "Microtransactions are bad because I simply don't like them".
That's just the same ridiculous wording since page one, and I'm honestly the most stupid person in this thread for still wasting my time here...
I just believe GWENT: The Witcher card video game can beat Hand of Fate's sales and beat Hearthstone.

A very well written story is all that's needed for people to keep on purchasing it.

I feel it. Every human being loves a very well written story and wants to come back for more very well written stories.

I just believe GWENT: The Witcher card video game can beat Hand of Fate's sales and beat Hearthstone.

A very well written story is all that's needed for people to keep on purchasing it.

I feel it. Every human being loves a very well written story and wants to come back for more very well written stories.

That's just wishful thinking. As much as I love well written stories and how much I'm looking forward to gwent's campaigns, Gwent can never compete against other card games just with a superior story. People come back for more new cards and competetive battles. It's just how it works, and how CDPR will do that. More money, and more happy people.

Moderator: A couple low-content posts have been deleted. This topic seems to have reached its conclusion. Thread closed.

Last edited:
Someone played the medic card! Thread re-opened. However, to ensure it stays open, please, keep comments respectful and constructive, otherwise. . . scorch.

Thank you. Carry on.

Top Bottom