The card "Farseer" and "Lesser Demons" may have a problem.

+
The card "Farseer" and "Lesser Demons" may have a problem.

I just wants some Clarification and help, I probably played a total of ten or twelve
ranked matches when the hundred new cards patch came out. But I wanna start with the two cards "Farseer" and and "Vrihedd Dragoon", sometimes not every time, when I have "Vrihedd Dragoon" on the board with "Farseer", the card "Farseer" doesn't active its ability, even though both cards active at the end of your turn. When it does work "Vrihedd Dragoon" buffs the one random card in my hand first then "Farseer" actives by buffing itself by two. And I notice this too, when the card "Farseer" card gets damaged it will sometimes continue to active its buff every time a random card gets buff on the board or in my hand ( Which the card is suppose to do) and sometimes it doesn't when the card gets damaged. Doesn't anyone notice that or seen this problem before?

Also the "Lesser Demons" card, lets say okay I have four cards in my hand, that's including the "Lesser Demons" card, I play it, I pick the card that I WANT and then it discards a random card in my hand and that random card was the one I picked. But I guess it would discard the card I picked because I had only have three cards in my hand when I played the "Lesser Demons" card? And this has happen to me several times, when I just had four cards in my hand, including "Lesser Demons". And another scenario, I have nine cards in my hand and I play "Lesser Demons" I have eight cards in my hand now, I picked the card I want from my deck, then it discards a random card and guess what card it discards? Out of the eight cards that I have it picks the one card I chose from the deck and discards it. For me that's a problem that triggers me, out of all the eight cards it discarded the one I picked from my deck. I don't think that's suppose to happen, and this happen too me four times recently. I can maybe understand it if you have a very low number of cards in your hand just MAYBE but it shouldn't happen when you have eight or nine cards in your hand.

Anyone seen or have these problems? Please comment.

I've tried Farseer myself and I cannot replicate the issues you are having. If you keep getting these issues, you can always contact support and ask for assistance. As for Lesser Demons, it is unfortunate, but in the end it's still all random.

Yeah, I had this bug quite often with farseer too. Sometimes I place farseer and he never gets buffed, although a vrihedd dragoon is already on the board. Seems to happen kind of randomly.
At least I can't recognize any pattern

Regarding the Farseer issue, it could be related to your cards' placement on the board.

In the recent Midwinter Update Review video the devs explain that cards' trigger order has been changed so it's now from left to right and from melee to siege. (See here for the relevant bit in the video.)

"Farseer won't buff" example scenario

- Farseer placed on the melee row
- Vrihedd Brigade Dragoon placed on the ranged row
--> Farseer triggers before the Brigade Dragoon can boost anything, and therefore doesn't get buffed

"Farseer gets buffed" example scenario

- Farseer placed as he rightmost unit on the siege row
- Vrihedd Brigade Dragoon placed in the middle of the siege row
--> Brigade Dragoon triggers before the Farseer, so the Farseer gets buffed due to the Brigade's Dragoon's Boost having already taken place

This is how I've understood the mechanic to work, although admittedly never remember about it when actually playing the game. :)

Last edited:
KidUnforgiven;n10099591 said:
... Also the "Lesser Demons" card, lets say okay I have four cards in my hand, that's including the "Lesser Demons" card, I play it, I pick the card that I WANT and then it discards a random card in my hand and that random card was the one I picked. But I guess it would discard the card I picked because I had only have three cards in my hand when I played the "Lesser Demons" card...

Yeah, this sucks and it is a poor design RNG. I guess they should word it that it must discard everything but the card you wanted. Than people will start complain it is OP and it will be nerfed again. Maybe in that case limit it to Bronze and Silvers? I kinda like the card and I love the characters it represents, I want to play with it... but this effect...

RidiculousName;n10100511 said:
Regarding the Farseer issue, it could be related to your cards' placement on the board.

In the recent Midwinter Update Review video the devs explain that cards' trigger order has been changed so it's now from left to right and from melee to siege. (See here for the relevant bit in the video.)

"Farseer won't buff" example scenario

- Farseer placed on the melee row
- Vrihedd Brigade Dragoon placed on the ranged row
--> Farseer triggers before the Brigade Dragoon can boost anything, and therefore doesn't get buffed

"Farseer gets buffed" example scenario

- Farseer placed as he rightmost unit on the siege row
- Vrihedd Brigade Dragoon placed in the middle of the siege row
--> Brigade Dragoon triggers before the Farseer, so the Farseer gets buffed due to the Brigade's Dragoon's Boost having already taken place

This is how I've understood the mechanic to work, although admittedly never remember about it when actually playing the game. :)

In other words, another Scoia nerf... :p

Yeah I agree. This is happening to me too with lesser demons. I pull the card from my deck and it goes right in the graveyard instantly. Happened every time I've used the card so far. Even with a handful of cards it seems to go right in discard pile. Maybe bad odds for me but I'd expect a few times to at least get to hold onto the cards I pick

I agree Lesser demons right now is worthless most of the time. Unless they change it to discard a random card before the new card is added to your hand. With this randomness, it is a worthless silver card when it discard the card you wanted to pick.

Gvynblade;n10129272 said:
With Lesser Demons how to hold the card you pick

With luck. Basically hope for good RNG.

and if you can't hold why pick one?

Because there's a chance a different card gets discarded? You can move any card from your deck, so Lesser Demons can be huge value.
I'd guess the card's high base STR is meant to compensate for the risk.

With Lesser Demons how to hold the card you pick and if you can't hold why pick one?

Play Skellige and pick Morkvarg/Olgierd/Clan Raider/Ciri:Dash/Cerys, etc. Win-Win situation: +1 discard option :) (seriously: must be a bug, waiting for hotfix)

Hi, can ask if one of the issues is with Farseer not applying her boost. I thought I had seen it happen a few times, but it was clear to me yday. I and my opponent both played Dragoons followed by Farseer, mine boosting on the first turn I played her, his not till the 2nd turn. I don't have video but took a screen shot of the board where you can see he's playing a 3rd unit, a turn after dropping Farseer and yet she has no boost, I had only dropped the same 2 cards and received mine.

Last edited:
RosariasFinger Moved your post to a more appropriate thread.

An explanation quoting myself:

RidiculousName;n10100511 said:
Regarding the Farseer issue, it could be related to your cards' placement on the board. In the recent Midwinter Update Review video the devs explain that cards' trigger order has been changed so it's now from left to right and from melee to siege.

So basically Farseers should be based on the siege row, on the right to guarantee their triggering.

Issues with Farseer getting boost when vrihedd dragoon boost unit

Is anyone else having this issue?
It seems more often than not that my farseer does not boost itself properly.
At first I thought it was blocked by another card's ability, then I thought my opponent was cheating, now I think there is a glitch with the farseer that needs to be fixed

It may be the way you are positioning them. Left to Right, Top to Down. That is the order abilities now go off.

DocOdy;n10247962 said:
Is anyone else having this issue? It seems more often than not that my farseer does not boost itself properly. At first I thought it was blocked by another card's ability, then I thought my opponent was cheating, now I think there is a glitch with the farseer that needs to be fixed
Yeah I've noticed it's inconsistent in counting as a buff. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It's seemed to me about 50/50 whether it works or not. Seems like it should.

Vespuche;n10248032 said:
It may be the way you are positioning them. Left to Right, Top to Down. That is the order abilities now go off.
I Thought it was this too a couple days ago ... but I'm pretty confident that even if you have them in the right order it doesn't always trigger because I've always started making sure that Farseer goes on back row and Dragoon doesn't. Not sure what the issue is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom