The case for first person cutscenes

+

Does FPP or TPP affect you game purchase decision?

• Only FPP - first person, fine by me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only TPP - third person, fine by me

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • FPP or TPP - both are fine

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll have a third person perspective photo mode. I think that's the best you can hope for.

I think using the spider bot to shoot photos, or maybe a little quad copter camea drone, would be a great way to shoot photos in-game & lore-friendly. But if not, i'm about 99% sure the debug console allows you to move the camera at will, just like in Witcher 3.

I think using the spider bot to shoot photos, or maybe a little quad copter camea drone, would be a great way to shoot photos in-game & lore-friendly. But if not, i'm about 99% sure the debug console allows you to move the camera at will, just like in Witcher 3.
Yeah those options would be pretty interesting. Unfortunately debugging for myself would be a no go as I would be playing on an Xbox, so hopefully they add in an intriguing and original way of taking photos.

I've heared some people say that "you are not V, since V is a separate person with his/her own personality", and the player is not completely free in defining who V is. So me saying "You ARE V" - at least understood that way - might be a bit inaccurate: V indeed isn't you, the player.

Still, i stick to the point: You are V. Not by being the same person - but by experiencing the world of Cyberpunk in his skin, seeing it through his eyes.

This kind of direct but foreign sourced experience is actually a staple of the cyberpunk genre: Think of movies like "Strange Days" where you use a SQUID-Device to record and experience life of other people, or SimSense / Better Than Life chips in the world of Shadowrun. Or, in more conventional media: you are the actor directly improvising the role of V - not just a person watching an interactive movie guiding V.

Why can't we choose TPP or FPP?

This would be the best option and most profitable for cdprojektred as well.
It has a lot of players who do not buy the game because it cannot be played by TPP.
Like me.

I've been playing games for over 20 years actively and always hated to play FPP games.
Why?
I have not come across any FPP game where the FPP would be well implemented.

Common Typical Faults are:
- tunnel vision (the human field of vision is 180 degrees)
- the angle of view is often too low, making the game character appear to be short stature. The standard for an average man is 180cm tall.
- these cause the game character to not naturally blend into their gaming environment.

Great game coming.
But since there is no TPP option, I will not buy it. I buy at most ale from the laar.

Guest 3573786

Not sure this needed its own topic, but either way... my stance on this has shifted somewhat. I'm still dissapointed by first person perspective (gameplay and cutscenes), and I've yet to see any advantage to this and will look forward to mods that address it.

But.

At least it's not VR exclusive, and for that I'm extremely grateful (thanks Valve :disapprove:).

Not sure this needed its own topic, but either way... my stance on this has shifted somewhat. I'm still dissapointed by first person perspective (gameplay and cutscenes), and I've yet to see any advantage to this and will look forward to mods that address it.

But.

At least it's not VR exclusive, and for that I'm extremely grateful (thanks Valve :disapprove:).
Not to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt any mods will be able to put in a decent third person mode. Not only would it be incredibly difficult to get the camera right, but all the maps and level design are designed around first person, meaning for a decent third person, you would need to quite literally redesign every level in the game. Also, animations would be a whole other mess to deal with. So I wouldn't hold your breath tbh.

Why can't we choose TPP or FPP?

CDPR wanted a more ”in person” experience.

Dunno why they opted for such a predefined character with that in mind, but. That’s how it is, nonetheless.

Best first person RPG’s are the TB blobbers like Might and Magic games and Wizardries. No worries about motion sickness or tubevision, or bad shooter controls.

I did finished Red Dead Redemption 2 and i imagined the last moments in cutscene did in first person and honestly. I think they would be actually weird and awful in storytelling terms. In FPP you lack a lot of things like your character expression someone claim it could be more personal but it does not feel that way for me.

Since Cd projekt rely a lot in storytelling and cinematics i still fail to see how mantain cutscene in first person and the gameplay as well could result good. To me is not. First person in flat screen is not immersive for me. VR is another things but still i won't feel attached to my character if forced to stay in first person all the time. Maybe is just me. But even in cinematic and storytelling i think FPP is a weak spot.

We had actually movie totally in FFP and you know how good they were. Sounds good on paper but in pratice is not.

What is the point of discussing this FPP vs TPP topic once again? CDPR won't change this, mods won't change this - deal with it or not, it's pointless discussing this further.

As we know the game is only going to be FPP playable. So I ask if it affects your purchasing decision to buy the game.

" CDPR wanted a more ”in person” experience. "

This is a ridiculous claim on CDPR.

The player himself creates an atmosphere in his own head. Whether the game was TPP or FPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom