The city rejects me, why?

+
Make the city really alive
* Eat at each concession stand. Eat for real, just like when you eat with takemura.
* I want to drink for real, like Johnny Sylverhand does in the mission that takes control of V and drink in Afterlife.
* That the npc do not reject me, that they have a somewhat greater dialogue with me.
* That I can take my car to the workshop and modify it.
* That I can change my hairstyle at a hairdresser or try on clothes in a clothing store.
* Sit and play cards in a bar, drink and enjoy a more lively atmosphere.
* Have more sex
* That in my apartment I do not feel so alone, it is very sad ...
* I want to enjoy this wonderful city, but the thousands of food stalls that are there offer me nothing, most of the lower buildings are closed, the npcs reject me .....
YOU HAVE A ROUGH DIAMOND !!! DEVELOP AND IT WILL BE THE BEST GAME OF THE DECADE WITHOUT A DOUBT WITH HUNDREDS OF GAME HOURS
WE LOVE NIGHT CITY AND ITS STORIES. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 30 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE CYBERPUNK
photomode_10012021_041204.jpg

Last edited:
"The city rejects me, why?"

You stink of junk food.

--- But yeah - epsecially the apartment one. There is very little reason to ever go back to your apartment unless you're personally stashing weapons and clothing to role play / take pictures in different outfits etc.

Rudo_

Forum regular
* Eat at each concession stand. Eat for real, just like when you eat with takemura.
* I want to drink for real, like Johnny Sylverhand does in the mission that takes control of V.
* That the npc do not reject me, that they have a somewhat greater dialogue with me.
* That I can change my hairstyle at a hairdresser or try on clothes in a clothing store.
* Have more sex
* I want to enjoy this wonderful city, but the thousands of food stalls that are there offer me nothing, most of the lower buildings are closed, the npcs reject me .....
YOU HAVE A ROUGH DIAMOND !!! DEVELOP AND IT WILL BE THE BEST GAME OF THE DECADE WITHOUT A DOUBT WITH HUNDREDS OF GAME HOURS
WE LOVE NIGHT CITY AND ITS STORIES
View attachment 11137331
Absolutely agree.
I'd add a few more:
-make a call, have a beer with friends or boy/girlfriend.
-random encounters with good characters (instead of that many random shootouts).
-bike riders on the street.
-Some kind of gang affinity system
-purchase places/houses/storages/garages
-make the car IA able to pass you if you stop

Well, I could keep on forever...

"The city rejects me, why?"

You stink of junk food.

--- But yeah - epsecially the apartment one. There is very little reason to ever go back to your apartment unless you're personally stashing weapons and clothing to role play / take pictures in different outfits etc.
I just played and I feel like great potential is being wasted with night city... we will wait for news ...

I'm working on getting every iconic weapon in its place in the weapon room but the huge problem is epic purple components are really a pain to get.

Absolutely agree.
I'd add a few more:
-make a call, have a beer with friends or boy/girlfriend.
-random encounters with good characters (instead of that many random shootouts).
-bike riders on the street.
-Some kind of gang affinity system
-purchase places/houses/storages/garages
-make the car IA able to pass you if you stop

Well, I could keep on forever...
exact
Why does only V ride a motorcycle in the city?
Why can't I access the subway?
Why are there no taxis?
Why are there no buses?
Why can't you ever call your girlfriend or boyfriend and have them come to the apartment like in the 2018 gameplay?
Post automatically merged:

* I want to drink for real, like Johnny Sylverhand does in the mission that takes control of V and drink in Afterlife.
* Have more sex
WE LOVE NIGHT CITY AND ITS STORIES. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 30 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE CYBERPUNK
View attachment 11137331
Kinda weird they don't have barbers at launch.

exact
Why does only V ride a motorcycle in the city?
Why can't I access the subway?
Why are there no taxis?
Why are there no buses?
Why can't you ever call your girlfriend or boyfriend and have them come to the apartment like in the 2018 gameplay?
Right, taxis!! When i finished the delamaine arc and got the car, i didnt expect i'd be the one driving it...
Subway, though would be cool, eventually is not often used (thinking of gtaIV), but it needs to be there, just to see it passing through. Not to mention the inexistent AV's... Everything looks like the skeleton of something so fucking cool! Such a shame it isn't.

It would be nice if you sleep / shower / sex gives V buff for a while.
It could be the same buff you already have in the game as health increase / regeneration and stamina.

Sometimes I think Night City was re-animated by the Relic, but it shorted out and never actually gave the city a soul or personality in the process.

At least V has Johnny's soul. NC has none at all.

I've created numerous characters who looked good in the creator but when I go to photomode it becomes obvious they're in desperate need of a plastic surgeon.
My first character, the big one, was bald. I found out (with horror) with the second that hair is glitchy AF. Thats why mirrors take time to load, and shadows are bald. Because character is always bald until you swap to 3rd person. ..
Probably it has something to do with the barber thing.

It would be nice if you sleep / shower / sex gives V buff for a while.
It could be the same buff you already have in the game as health increase / regeneration and stamina.
Agreed. Also, i love your photo

And more clothing shops and the shops actually selling stuff targeted at their neighbourhood/market. Going into Jinguji and finding the same stuff I get in the docks area of Watson doesn't feel right. (More shops would mean that each could have a more fixed stock as well rather than it being all RNG and sad.)

And more clothing shops and the shops actually selling stuff targeted at their neighbourhood/market. Going into Jinguji and finding the same stuff I get in the docks area of Watson doesn't feel right. (More shops would mean that each could have a more fixed stock as well rather than it being all RNG and sad.)

This was another one of those missed opportunities we keep talking about, I was on spoiler black out since like 2018, so I didn't realise they had done so much push with the 'style over substance' etc marketing.

If I'd seen that - I would fully expect that you would have stats and perks separate to your look, which of course sort of becomes irrelevant if you never see your player in the world.

I imagine without a photo mode, most people would never bother taking any time or effort on what they look like, which is probably why they also pushed that a bit harder shortly before launch too.

This was another one of those missed opportunities we keep talking about, I was on spoiler black out since like 2018, so I didn't realise they had done so much push with the 'style over substance' etc marketing.

Oh you can do style (and keep substance) just fine if you work at it and even if the only way you saw V was in mirrors and the character screen - I'd still shop around.

The problem is tied to the RNG nature of the stores. The RNG encourages you to save and reload stores looking for what you want, which destroys the pretence of immersion in shopping (similar problem exists with finding legendary clothing and it not always having 3 or 4 mod slots) This is then compounded by the addition of the Street Cred mechanic to stores, if you want legendary crafting stuff you need to wait until you have 50 street cred to even go into a clothing store.

Clothing stores should function like ripper docs - some common items, but each has a set inventory that is restricted by $$ and Street Cred. Then there should be more of them so that you can shop in locations that match the style you want for V.

Want military stuff? Go shop in the stores in areas controlled by 6th Street they carry a lot.
Want corpo fashion? Go shop in the city centre stores.
Want street punk? The styles of the areas controlled by gangs are reflected in the stores of those areas etc.

When they chose "1st person for immersion" they needed to reflect on how things like stores worked for immersion as well - which is what a lot of these requests come back to. They are things that break immersion for people.

I agree with the whole list. There have been a lot of them here in the forum and I'm glad about it. I think we cannot point it out often enough and penetratingly enough.

You can tell that there isn't much left of what was once planned and promised. But that doesn't mean it can't be touched up! I hope that upcoming DLCs and patches will help us to better enjoy and really "live" this city and the potential possibilities.

I understand that there are things to sacrifice if the map does not allow it, like flying cars, but all that we are debating if it can be done. Between missions you walk around the city and you really enjoy watching it but you don't feel like getting off your car or motorcycle ... the city has nothing to offer you, there is nothing everyday to do, just clean up gangs. Hundreds of food stalls where you don't eat and shops where you don't buy ... it's frustrating And on top of that you can't eat or drink, if you talk to an npc, all he tells you is leave me, I AM NOT INTERESTED!

Last edited:
Top Bottom