The clothing system in this game needs to change

+
A lot of schematics for the "cool" stuff is found in side missions and police scanner encounters. Rummaging clothing stores will get you absolutely nowhere.

It's a bit of a small mercy that the only times you can see what V is wearing is while accessing the inventory or while riding a bike. Because it's almost a sure bet for me that if I get a clothing item that has great stats and numerous mod slots it's going to be something that I just wouldn't wear if I could choose an appearance. Playing as a male V this playthrough I've worn skimpy shorts and skirts that have better armour than clothes I like the look of far more frequently than I'd like. At present I'm 75% happy with Camo trousers and jacket, plain looking boots. But a light blue cowboy hat and a midriff shirt don't really complete the look.

"Kind of there" isn't good enough. The system, as is, is poorly designed.
I agree with you, I personally think just giving us all versions of all clothes available 100% of the time at all tiers would be a fine solution, and it would involve less work on the devs part. Just have each clothing vendor offer a certain set of clothes at all tiers, and make sure each set of clothes is sold by at least one vendor. Problem solved.

I agree with you, I personally think just giving us all versions of all clothes available 100% of the time at all tiers would be a fine solution, and it would involve less work on the devs part. Just have each clothing vendor offer a certain set of clothes at all tiers, and make sure each set of clothes is sold by at least one vendor. Problem solved.

Because sometimes you wanna go street, and sometimes you just want to dazzle.

photomode_16122020_131043.png
photomode_18122020_185015.png

Another solution (of not mentioned before, didn't read all posts) would be to offer cool looking Outfits for the "special" slot. You can Pick the Items by stats and the looks by the Outfit that you put "over" the Items. If that makes sense 😅

Also, why is there no 'hands' slot? There are no gloves in this game.

I get that maybe that would mess with some of the arm attachments but still, it's kind of a pity.

Another solution (of not mentioned before, didn't read all posts) would be to offer cool looking Outfits for the "special" slot. You can Pick the Items by stats and the looks by the Outfit that you put "over" the Items. If that makes sense 😅

Problem I have with that is that it means I have to take a single "piece" outfit and use it. I want to dress up my cyberbarbie using the different parts.

Once you get clothing items with mod slots you can begin finding something more your style. My V looks cool and matches his character I think.

Also, if you're a glass cannon armor doesn't matter anyway. You have to kill them before they kill you lol.

This is a good solution. To add to it, I suggest that every piece of clothing has at least one dedicated armor slot, in addition any other mod slots can still be filled with the armor mod. And this should be obvious but make armor mods more common to compensate.

Not a terrible idea.

Or...They could remove armor ratings and mod slots from clothing all together and just buff the subdermal armor cyberwear and provide it more upgrade slots. This would make it so clothing is purely for fashion/reactionary(street cred and possibly dialog cues) also people who have a lot of chrome usually like to show it off and wear skimpy to no clothes all-together. At least that's how it is in the cyberpunk lore. I'm hoping this is something they work in when/if they give us the ability to visually customize cyberwear. honestly have no clue why this wasn't in the game to begin with as even skyrim has npc's able to comment on what you are or are not wearing....It also does't make sense in my opinion that I can add a mod to my clothes that increases crit...maybe a specific type of eyewear... idk, just wish this "RPG" had more RP in it.

Or...They could remove armor ratings and mod slots from clothing all together and just buff the subdermal armor cyberwear and provide it more upgrade slots. This would make it so clothing is purely for fashion/reactionary(street cred and possibly dialog cues) also people who have a lot of chrome usually like to show it off and wear skimpy to no clothes all-together. At least that's how it is in the cyberpunk lore. I'm hoping this is something they work in when/if they give us the ability to visually customize cyberwear. honestly have no clue why this wasn't in the game to begin with as even skyrim has npc's able to comment on what you are or are not wearing....

No objections. Only thing I'd say is that having to buy clothing at different tiers (for their slot capabilities) gives you something to do with your eddies.

No objections. Only thing I'd say is that having to buy clothing at different tiers (for their slot capabilities) gives you something to do with your eddies.
I agree, Economy is important for immersion. But, IRL a lot of designer clothes cost more than Body armor lol. wouldn't be hard for them to adjust the price for high end clothing.

Top Bottom