The clothing system in this game needs to change

+
Clothing should change the interactions of NPCs thowards you, as it was supposed to be from the start, opening/locking vendors, fixers, quests. Stats like armor should've been reserved for cyberwares and actual military equipment.

While i do agree we need more options and some things could be tweaked, but other than that, I have no problem with the armor other than wanting more variety and colors and that's basically because i craft Epic Armadillo Mods and place them in all the Epic pieces and sets i have collected = once you have those mods it doesn't matter what any of the armor's base stats are.

Also if you are after specific armor pieces + specific rarities + max mod slots all you have to do is wait 24hrs outfront of the vendor and their inventory will change. Now i completely understand that this is obviously not ideal and can be time consuming depending what you are after , but very easy to work around and work with.

Again don't get me wrong as i believe more changes to this system could be beneficial, but currently i have zero issue about obtaining any and all armors that i desire.

Also if you find pieces spread around the map on bodies or loot chests = you can save before removing the item & re-load to re-roll it's rarity and possible mod slots. Again this can be time consuming or not = all up to RNG.

Again not ideal, but there is always a way to game the system, just have to have patience and be creative ;)

Hoped this helps some people that for whatever reason are only using armor with slightly boosted stats and end up looking like a rodeo clown or worst and understandably dislike it = i fully get that, but know that you don't have to and that you have options.
Post automatically merged:

You wanna hear a secret? This might blow your mind so be ready.

You don't have to use yellow clothes. The mods are complete overkill. I don't even wear a hat, at all, ever. The motto of the PnP game is "style over substance"

Same here, hell sometimes i just wear pants + a shirt & boots and get by more than fine. Now in the beginning it was a little different, but that changes quickly if you know what you are doing ;)

Last edited:
Would love a way to actually upgrade items from common up to Legendary to get more slots for the cloths we love and the styles we want + Dye...

A great thing to have would be to have a way to Order weapons, cloths, items, etc on your personal computer in the apartment and shop for the exact styles/individual cloths/items you want in any color you want.

Another option other than all the great suggestions mentioned and albeit a minor option, but important to me...

Seperate glasses / goggles from face masks etc... Why this wasn't an option from the start is confusing to me.

NPC's & enemies can obviously wear both at the same time, yet we as the player are limited to one or the other..?

Now i have seen & tried the glitch trick to have both worn at the same time, but firstly this doesn't always work + secondly at times it can glitch it so you are unable to switch those pieces again / ability to remove them (had to reload previous save and have not tried since) + thirdly why should we have to glitch this in the first place..?

Another option other than all the great suggestions mentioned and albeit a minor option, but important to me...

Seperate glasses / goggles from face masks etc... Why this wasn't an option from the start is confusing to me.

NPC's & enemies can obviously wear both at the same time, yet we as the player are limited to one or the other..?

Now i have seen & tried the glitch trick to have both worn at the same time, but firstly this doesn't always work + secondly at times it can glitch it so you are unable to switch those pieces again / ability to remove them (had to reload previous save and have not tried since) + thirdly why should we have to glitch this in the first place..?
This is the only mask with goggles I've found.
photomode_30122020_015948.png

The armour system in this game is a joke. Cyberpunk was always about style over anything else. You like those fishnets because they make you look sexy when you're blowing baddies away. Not because they offer the best armour

I wish the clothing worked more as style blueprints. You find a pair of shoes. Than as you find more variant styles. This style is than unlocked. When you find/craft a higher tier. The style BP is added in a mod upgrade slot. And gets converted to that look. Look is not tied to that item. And you could make this style change mod be done at the clothing store owner. With a custom animation of them working on the clothing. And of course skip animation option. I also hope they add in clothing for other body types. Don't tell me no one would make shirts and pants that accommodate the Mantis arms and legs. The game really lacks in that department. There's not many clothing that has tech windows. ALA like boob windows. To show off your mods. Only the NPC characters get that.

Last edited:
Also the level gating...it was bad in The Witcher 3, but it's even worse in Cyberpunk because of the whole "style" theme. You just want to buy a piece of clothing you like, but you can't equip it becase your level is not high enough. It's bad, it makes no sense.

It's like different systems were developed by different teams who never communicated between each other.

It's like different systems were developed by different teams who never communicated between each other.
I'm starting to see this trend as well. It feels like they talked to Mike Pondsmith and were like, "Ya, Cyberpunk!!! We can do it!!. Thanks for the Title and city to our next game Mike" Turning to other employees, "Anyone know what Cyberpunks about?"

Last edited:
A transmogrify system would be nice. I would like to see this in the form of a shop that we can take a piece of loot to and pay to have it upgraded to the next tier and have mod slots added.

We also need the ability to replay a mission. These bosses have tons of items in their loot tables but right now you can only walk away with 1 of them and it will probably have a non-optimal number of mod slots. I would implement this in a way that the options of the 1st time through the mission are the only ones that effect the story. Future replays are for loot and to see the other options but not change the course of the game.

Just try killing Sasquatch over and over at level 50 and see how many unique legendary items she has. I have personally seen 29 different items including 5 different hats.

Also the level gating...it was bad in The Witcher 3, but it's even worse in Cyberpunk because of the whole "style" theme. You just want to buy a piece of clothing you like, but you can't equip it becase your level is not high enough. It's bad, it makes no sense.

Concur 100%

Personally, I would just remove stats from clothes entirely. With maybe the exception of street cred.
Clothing upgrade slots could just be attached to the clothing slot itself or you could make it some kind of cyberware upgrade....doesn't really matter how you implement it.

Every standard piece of clothing should be purchasable or craftable and it would be nice if shops had consistent and appropriate stock for where they are located. I shouldn't be finding street kid/nomad clothing at a high-end boutique in downtown Night City for example. Plus It is not at all fun having to save scum or time skip 24hrs a dozen times just in hopes of getting the shop to spawn what you want.

Personally, I would just remove stats from clothes entirely. With maybe the exception of street cred.
Clothing upgrade slots could just be attached to the clothing slot itself or you could make it some kind of cyberware upgrade....doesn't really matter how you implement it.

Every standard piece of clothing should be purchasable or craftable and it would be nice if shops had consistent and appropriate stock for where they are located. I shouldn't be finding street kid/nomad clothing at a high-end boutique in downtown Night City for example. Plus It is not at all fun having to save scum or time skip 24hrs a dozen times just in hopes of getting the shop to spawn what you want.

Exactly.

I'm frankly astounded by the clothing system (or lack thereof) in this game. In the dark future, in a city plagues by rampant consumerism, I should have every option available to me for stylizing my V. What I have instead is the equivalent of getting a luck find at the local goodwill store.

Armor rating should not be inherently tied to clothing.

The problem, at its core, is that there is an inherent armor system tied to the clothing. What this (very poorly designed) clothing system does is limit the player to choosing clothing options not for their style, but rather for their armor rating and "gem" slots, i.e. You're playing along, dressed like a Thrift Store clown, when you find a really cool looking jacket. Unfortunately, that jacket has a very poor tier/rating, and/or does not have gem sockets, so you discard it and just opt to continue looking like a circus clown. This may have been (barely) acceptable in The Witcher 3, but it is completely unacceptable in Cyberpunk 2077.

I am going to fix this for you, CDPR. It really is very simple.

• Except for a few iconic items, all clothing items can be purchased at clothing and gun shops (body armor style options for the latter).
  • No clothing item mentioned above has an inherent armor rating. It is literally zero.
  • Clothing items instead have "slots" that can be used for upgrades (Armadillo, Resist!, etc) based on their tier level (see below)
  • Clothing tier availability for purchase can still be tied to street cred or player level.
  • All of the aforementioned clothing items can be purchased in all of the five tiers and have attributes as follows:
    • White Tier (Common) - Lowest Cost/Cred - 0 Slots
    • Green Tier (Uncommon) - Low Cost/Cred - 1 Slot
    • Blue Tier (Rare) - Medium Cost/Cred - 2 Slots
    • Purple Tier (Epic) - High Cost/Cred - 3 Slots
    • Orange Tier (Legendary) - Highest Cost/Cred - 4 Slots
That's it. This very simple redesign of the clothing system solves the existing issues.
  • Allows players to dress their characters in the style of their choosing, and is not based on chance
  • Crafting recipes for these items can still be looted out in the world
  • Higher tier items locked behind street cred can still be found and looted out in the world (thereby preserving that "game of chance")
  • Clothing mods and their blueprints can still be bought, looted, and crafted.
P.S. Don't get me started on the fact that I have to save and reload my game to "try on" store items.
I just don't wear the clothing that isn't my style. Besides you don't have to wear it. Your not a prisoner to it. Using a perk on "skill tree" is much better or place armor in a slot. You can also just kill a gang member that you know has some nice fashion and the armor will just scale to your level. Some won't depending on the drop. Cdpr's attention should be spent elsewhere personally.

Top Bottom