The clothing system in this game needs to change

+
IMHO it could look like this:
- the clothes have special stats for example: some pants let you sprint faster, other have special armor etc.
- on top of the clothes or beneath them you can wear armored vest that will act as the main armor, there could be many types of them and could be upgradable, however it should weight a lot and make you move slower because of the said weight

This way the balance could be better for the super fast build ninja and armored tank berserk characters.

While I agree with a lot of what's been suggested in the OP, I think armour ratings should at least in part be reflective of the clothing, I know it's 2077 and all, but surely the purpose-designed armour vests and breastplates should have a higher armour rating than an open, cropped bomber jacket.

Maybe adding an inherent armour multiplier or damage reduction value (that doesn't use up mod slots) to all purpose-built combat clothing would be a solution? I know a lot of people have been complaining about the choice between function and form, but in my humble opinion, armoured clothing having higher armour ratings seems logical.

Clothing selection needs to be expanded too, looking particularly to eyewear (clear lenses; are they not a thing in 2077?), jewellery (hooped earrings, the bangles or that studded choker that NPCs have?) and footwear (flat pumps along with the heels, please?). I have the luxury of being able to use console commands and mods, but even then, the choices for clothing aren't particularly appealing. I shudder to think the struggles for the poor souls stuck playing the game on consoles.

Last edited:
Yes it's mush harder, but at mid-game (lvl 30) and if epic clothes are enough for you, you can find realy nice one (vendors,contener,enemy loot).
In 1.2+, vendors also have legendary clothes for "cheap" ;)

But yes, find them in the world, in contener, you need to save/reload :(
(who want an epic/legendary item with no mod slot...?)

While I agree with a lot of what's been suggested in the OP, I think armour ratings should at least in part be reflective of the clothing, I know it's 2077 and all, but surely the purpose-designed armour vests and breastplates should have a higher armour rating than an open, cropped bomber jacket.

Maybe adding an inherent armour multiplier or damage reduction value (that doesn't use up mod slots) to all purpose-built combat clothing would be a solution? I know a lot of people have been complaining about the choice between function and form, but in my humble opinion, armoured clothing having higher armour ratings seems logical.

Clothing selection needs to be expanded too, looking particularly to eyewear (clear lenses; are they not a thing in 2077?), jewellery (hooped earrings, the bangles or that studded choker that NPCs have?) and footwear (flat pumps along with the heels, please?). I have the luxury of being able to use console commands and mods, but even then, the choices for clothing aren't particularly appealing. I shudder to think the struggles for the poor souls stuck playing the game on consoles.

I couldn't agree more, the clothing options need expanding. i wonder if that's something that's due to come with free DLC maybe?
They need to allow you to wear jewellry though, it makes you jealous of the NPCs that get to be decked out in all the bling while V can't wear any. Also it would give us the ability to actually wear the bullet necklace Misty gives you instead of it magically disappearing for almost the entire game. :LOL:

I eventually got used to the clothing system (or lack of) after some time struggling with the armor ratings as well. I really like the idea of removing the armor ratings, as it also makes no f* sense for a damn bra to have more defense than a bulletproof vest, for example, which also breaks immersion.

Maybe what helped me to get used to this crap system is the build that I'm going for - more stealthy, so I avoid fights whenever I can. And also the fact that I come from FASHION SOULS, so...

On the other hand getting stuck with single clothing featuring slots would make whole clothes looting system more boring and static.

Only stats pushes a player to try-out new outfits.

If you would like play a fashion game OR record and publish some "directed stories" using CP 2077 gameplay moments, so I would say you should stash you favourite set OR upgrade it OR try to loot enhanced version.

Another mechanism which could not interfere with @OP idea and which might push a player to loot more, would be damage/ageing system OR still increasing probability of damaging your clothes while replacing Mods with more and more attempts. Also providing an ability to repair that as a service OR as a skill using some "fabrics" as a universal material could balance that inconvenience.

"RPG w pigułce" -> "RPG in a nutshell"

comment_eNquaSllYd6mIXOlaW8CgF0DXu5ISf4L[1].jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom