The Combat Of Dragon Age: Inquisition inspired by Witcher 2?

+
The Combat Of Dragon Age: Inquisition inspired by Witcher 2?

... or Dark/Demon Souls...?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/16/combat-of-dragon-age-inquisition.aspx

Kinda i thought that with DAI and TW3 well get 2 difrent RPGS , i burned myself on DA2 like most of us but DA:I looks promising so im keeping eye on this game ofc it wont be day one ill wait for word of mouth reviews... anyway...

It seems like its more and more shifting from tactics to action in RPG's genre at least with big games...Im not sure if i want all games to be like that , i like diversity.

I dont see anything in that article that suggests TW2/Dark souls combat(maybe a bit of dark souls),seems that both fans and the devs want a tactical combat like in DA:O(DA2 too,maybe...)

In classic Bioware style they've shamelessly lifted elements from other games, in this case Dark Souls. But it might actually make for a decent DA game if we can control our character while our party responds to commands via pausing. So basically Mass Effect style. I just wish they'd innovate more when they use other people's ideas.

When both games will have more siliriar gameplay they will compete with each other more and since they will go gold around same time ... :D

Edit : Action game with party control hmm kinda reminds me about game that comes out this month Xcom :The Bureau.

I don't know.

After Dragon Age 2 I am so disappointed - they ruined everything DA:O created.
The only saving grace in Dragon Age 2 were its characters, the rest of the game was complete crap.

The trailer of DA:I already made me lose my interest in the game,
because it came across like a trailer to a World of Warcraft expansion.

To me it looked like the Argent Dawn fighting Illidan's forces, completely with trendy green fire. :p

I might be wrong, maybe the game is good.
But I won't give it the benefit of doubt, I'll wait for reviews. :)

slimgrin said:
In classic Bioware style they've shamelessly lifted elements from other games, in this case Dark Souls. But it might actually make for a decent DA game if we can control our character while our party responds to commands via pausing. So basically Mass Effect style. I just wish they'd innovate more when they use other people's ideas.

If a party based RPG plays like a TPS or beat´em up something´s wrong, terribly wrong.

Agent_Blue

fchopin said:
Looks good so far.

Looks as in visuals or looks as in combat seems good so far?

Because the screens we've been shown look terrible.

AgentBlue said:
Looks as in visuals or looks as in combat seems good so far?

Because the screens we've been shown look terrible.

I meant what they are doing with the combat looks interesting.
The visuals are not ready yet.

Reod said:
... or Dark/Demon Souls...?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/16/combat-of-dragon-age-inquisition.aspx

Kinda i thought that with DAI and TW3 well get 2 difrent RPGS , i burned myself on DA2 like most of us but DA:I looks promising so im keeping eye on this game ofc it wont be day one ill wait for word of mouth reviews... anyway...

It seems like its more and more shifting from tactics to action in RPG's genre at least with big games...Im not sure if i want all games to be like that , i like diversity.

What worries me about DA:I is the story. If it's another mages vs. templars game then I might just pass regardless of what they did with the combat.

It does look like TW2 a bit but character movement more like Fable. It looks a bit silly in "pre-alpha" but I will get it if its not total failure. DA2 wasn't that bad.

emperorzorn said:
The trailer of DA:I already made me lose my interest in the game,
because it came across like a trailer to a World of Warcraft expansion.

I knew I wasn't the only one!

Yeah when I heard "Inquisition" I got a little excited. It's also nice that you can choose race again as confirmed by latest gameinformer. I had read before it was human all the way. Still I find it hard to get excited about after Dragon Atrocity 2. Likewise I'll wait on reviews.

Saoe said:
It does look like TW2 a bit but character movement more like Fable. It looks a bit silly in "pre-alpha" but I will get it if its not total failure. DA2 wasn't that bad.

No, it was worse. How things like darkspawn & elf redesigns or wave combat were approved escapes me.

NicolasF said:
No, it was worse. How things like darkspawn & elf redesigns or wave combat were approved escapes me.
I skipped most of the dialogs in DA2 after it became fetch quest grind. So I don't know story that well. Combat wasn't bad tho.

Guest 2091327

Thankfully I only played the demo, but I thought the combat there was pretty damn bad.

To put it mildly, I have little faith in DA3 being much better, though I do find it amusing they're not even calling the game DA3, but DA-I. Maybe a little premature, but can we already label it Dragon Age: Idiocy?

That's a big problem with the gaming industry nowadays. We're not allowed to have "direct sequels", never played the prequels, you don't need to just buy the new one. Granted Dragon Age can get away with it as neither sequels were direct. Whereas say The Witcher you play Geralt through all three.

Also nice alternative name. :p

I liked Origins despite thinking that it could have used a little more freedom (and being angry at the way the DLC was handled). Dragon Age 2 was crap although a few of the characters were interesting. I'd like it if the next game is good, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Top Bottom