The Continuation of Cyberpunk 2077

+
CD Project Red could easily make Cyberpunk 2077 a game that goes on forever through dlc's, map expansions, and main/side story mission expansions.

There's no reason to start a sequel when open world games can be forever expanded on. The game already is set up to accept large expansions on a regular basis. Night City is mentioned to be one of the, if not the last major global metropolis surrounded by thousands of 'ghost towns' throughout the country, probably globally. The expansions could connect Night City with the ghost towns leading up to another metropolis on the other side of the country.

Updates can focus on everything from map expansions, mission expansions, item expansions, and graphic enhancements. Focusing heavily on graphic enhancements when new consoles and/or graphic cards are in development.

This development practice would prevent CD Project Red from going through launch delays, bugs, and financial loss due to high demands for refunds.

Rather than having a multi-game series franchise. Make a single, continued game into a franchise through dlc's.

Well the plan already seems to include improvement and development continuing into 2022. During the investors call they mentioned they might have to push back the addition of multi player into 2023. It does seem like the plan already is to work on this world for a few years.

The real question is what kind of content we'll see during those years?

Which, hopefully, they understand, requires them fixing the game and giving us the game they said it would be or as close as it can possibly get.

That is what seems the craziest to me. They've been developing this game since about 2013 maybe longer. The idea that they would spend almost a decade developing a game to only expand, upgrade, and provide support for two-three years isn't enough.

Open world games could easily be a franchise with one entry with non-stop dlc's and provided support.

I agree with what you said.

The foundation is there, the devs just need to add more content.

Something as simple as NPCs reacting to your clothing or street cred would go a long way in making the game better.

Totally agree. The game is good but with more refinements and additions it could turn into a modern classic. I really hope they will not forget about enhancing the immersive qualities of Night City.

CD Project Red could easily make Cyberpunk 2077 a game that goes on forever through dlc's, map expansions, and main/side story mission expansions.
You can literally say that about any game that doesn't end after the final boss fight/level.

That is what seems the craziest to me. They've been developing this game since about 2013 maybe longer.

They started the development fully after the last Witcher 3 DLC was released in 2016. So no, they have not had 7 years of Cyberpunk development.

Which, hopefully, they understand, requires them fixing the game and giving us the game they said it would be or as close as it can possibly get.

And until then, no paid DLC. We paid enough already for them to bust their asses to deliver the game we were sold on.

Once we have that, they can do free DLC, and when it’s time for a proper “continuation”, they can say “Hey, this next expansion will be the size of a full game, and have more DLC after, so we are putting a price tag on this one” and I’m sure most people would say it’s reasonable, especially considering how MHW pulled it, when their DLC had no price tag beforehand—yet MHW’s expansion was the size of a full game.

No one will buy it, considering how they handled this one.

Most will be willing to give them a second chance. full transparency is necessary. They just need to speak the truth. The tech hampered their vision. CP2 will be nexgen only and it will be glorious. They have the tech now, they can build it.

Most will be willing to give them a second chance. full transparency is necessary. They just need to speak the truth. The tech hampered their vision. CP2 will be nexgen only and it will be glorious. They have the tech now, they can build it.

Okay, so to put this in perspective.

We will use No Man’s Sky as our example.

What if Hello Games released No Man’s Sky as they had, and said “Forget about NMS. We’re working on a sequel and it’ll have everything you want!”

Do you really think people are going to brainlessly buy it? No. They’ll say “shove it” and move on. No.

CDPR either fixes the game, or loses all credibility moving forward. Many will outright refuse to buy from them, and likely a class action lawsuit will occur.

You don’t sell someone on a game and fail to deliver what you marketed, and then expect people to believe you and invest again when you say “Oh but there’s gonna be a sequel!”

It’s asinine, and nobody will buy into it. Locking it behind next gen is even more of a bad move currently, as most of the console players cannot purchase a next gen console. It’d likely burn them more from buying anything from CDPR.

Yeah, no, general consensus indicates the complete opposite.

Try selling a sequel to a game that is currently viewed by the vast majority as a critical flop after lying through your teeth about the state it was in.

Furthermore, this isn't an issue with last gen tech. There are plenty of issues at play here, the tech isn't one.

EDIT: Had a bit more but Gallantchar beat me to it.

Okay, so to put this in perspective.

so what is the alternative? fixing the game? you can't patch a story. and even if they did we all already have a bad taste in our mouth. best thing is for them to do their Ciri game make that amazing and them come back with CP2.

so what is the alternative? fixing the game? you can't patch a story. and even if they did we all already have a bad taste in our mouth. best thing is for them to do their Ciri game make that amazing and them come back with CP2.

> You can’t patch story

You don’t know about Baldur’s Gate 3, do you? You can patch story. Just requires you to start over, and I’m sure people would be fine with it, if they fix the whole replayability issue many mention.

We live in a time where you can fix anything with a patch. You just need to put in the effort. It’s not like a cartridge back in the Game Boy era. You can fix ANYTHING by just doing an update. Might require people start over, but that is the least of your worries.

> You can’t patch story

You don’t know about Baldur’s Gate 3, do you? You can patch story. Just requires you to start over, and I’m sure people would be fine with it, if they fix the whole replayability issue many mention.

We live in a time where you can fix anything with a patch. You just need to put in the effort. It’s not like a cartridge back in the Game Boy era. You can fix ANYTHING by just doing an update. Might require people start over, but that is the least of your worries.

ya im not replaying this game. the patching of the story like adding the 6months we lost with Jackie will be great for new players. but not for me. im already disappointed and there is no patch in the world that will make me like this game. starting anew is the only option here.

You can literally say that about any game that doesn't end after the final boss fight/level.
I have stated this about other games as well! Continuing to expand on a games world rather than starting over from scratch would be more immersive and create better franchise development. Imagine multiple games with continued dlc's that have cross over events the way both movies and TV shows do!

Top Bottom