The cool new Metro wallpaper - and 2020 Night City references!

+
CDPR just uploaded this to the wallpapers at www.cyberpunk.net :

On the Glenn line, stopped at New Harbor.

NOTE: You can right-click on the images and open in a new tab or window, then zoom in if you are having issues seeing them at full size.

And hey! Some cool Night City 2020/PnP references there. On the upper right, you'll see transit stops nearby!

From the Night City sourcebook by R. Talsorian, the Zone Descriptors:

NC Zone descriptors.jpg

Now, these descriptions are from 2020, pre-CorpWar4 and pre-Red. Night City has been rebuilt since then. Not even uploading the old zone map, as I doubt it's relevant any more. Feel free to look it up in your copy of Night City, though.

This is the New Harbor Mall, on the bottom there. Top is McCartney Stadium, home to the NC Rangers, the Slammers, the Heat (Basketball team in 2020, you can see the logo on V's jacket) and the combat soccer team, the Death Dealers.

New Harbor.JPG

On the Metro image :

(Thanks Traz)
unknown.png

We can see Little China, Charter Hill, City Center, Med Center, New Harbor, Japantown. They are mostly in the same order as the NC sourcebook, with Downtown, City Center and Med Center before New Harbor and Japantown after.

Upper Marina and East Marina might be replaced by Arasaka Waterfront(s)? Rebuilt by A after the War?

Anyway, New Harbor Mallplex. Here's some images from the NC book, including why to avoid the cookies. Or not!

Capture1.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Enjoy! See anything else cool in the new image? Share!

If you zoom in on the screamsheet on the bottom, (something I missed until now as my widescreen version crops the paper argh) you'll see this is the headline:

Paper.jpg

What's that from? Heh. It's a nearly straight pull from the 2020 Corebook! (Actually a reprint from Rockerboy, but it's found in the Corebook.)

Blood Razor Headline.JPG

Even uses the black-on-white lettering/font combo. Pretty cool, eh?

So, Arasaka. Security in black, bashing the door in?

Arasaka is a Japanese-based megacorp specializing in Security. They are the infamous "Boys in Black" that are a steady threat to every edgerunner out there.

They were one of the 2 main Corps in the 4th War and are arguably the most powerful Corp on the planet. They provide Corporate security across the globe and also regular police forces in many jurisdictions. They are highly trained, superbly equipped and well-motivated. The man who took them from a Japanese legacy company to a huge multinational in the 20th Century, Saburo Arasaka, was/is a veteran of WW 2 and an ardent Japanese nationalist. He considers himself a samurai, as does his son and heir, Kei.

The armour you see is reflective of the Samurai ethic - collars, shoulderpads, helms.

You can find lots more on Arasaka in the Lore thread at: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/mega-2020-lore-thread-trailer-breakdown.10970780/

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the Metro Map now bigger than the 2018 version, with more stops and longer lines?
1585596648226.png

Also this lady is wearing a Animals cap, is she a member of the Animal's, a groupie, or from some other source?
1585596878907.png

Attachments

• 1585596872388.png
    1585596872388.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 86
  • It seems that both the Arasaka Waterfront and Vista del Rey are large enough to have two sectors (north and south.)
  • As I said on the Sheer Scale thread, the map seems to show a couple of expanded sections north and south of the city, both labeled “Airport Area” by what I can make out of it. And the Orbital Air island has a new label now but I can’t read what it says.
  • The order of the locations shown on the metro route seems odd. Perhaps it doesn’t follow a logical order? Or could it be that this cart follows a very zigzag-y route?
  • Some epic mohawks over there as well :cool: And some good enough NPC variety, although the amount of pretty people there seems almost too Final-Fantasy-esque :LOL: Not that I’m, complaining, mind you, I find it cool actually but I'm sure there's more non-good-looking people in the game.

Last edited:
  • Not that I’m, complaining, mind you, I find it cool actually but I'm sure there's more non-good-looking people in the game.

Welllll....beautification in 2020 at least is pretty reasonably priced. Cosmetic surgery is super simple and fast in the Dark Future. It's not cheap, at about 600 eb per point of ATTR, (ATTR 2-3 are ugly, 5-6 are "average", 10 is super model) but given you can dramatically improve your features with a few thousand Euro spent, people who are less lucky (3 for example) in this particular draw can be pretty good looking (7 ATTR) for 2400 eb.

So good looking people abound, at least going from a fairly linear, pedestrian measure of beauty.

And then again, standards of beauty promptly shift, leaving people with natural features having a certain allure and people with full on machine features being a different kind of attractive.

People pay to become good looking on a scale, only for the higher end of that scale, (even features, clear skin, direct ratio proportions) to become the average. So the scale then moves around again.

In short, our standards aren't theirs, really.

Beauty is a weird thing for sure.

Last edited:
We can see Little China, Charter Hill, City Center, Med Center, New Harbor, Japantown.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the list of places on the right of the artwork. Because, the interesting thing is, according to the metro map, not all of those locations would be on the 2 line.

Japantown is closer to Line's 0 and 4.

Charter Hill appeaed to be at the end of Line 5 on the old metro map.

LIttle China we know is in Watson on lines 0 and 9.

Also the places that it appears to suggest are in Watson are not according to older maps. Names can change over time, but the art definitely raises questions.

I do love the image though.

You guys notice V's cybereyes are red (pinkish) in this art?

I wonder if that's reflective of his cyberware or skill package? Or artistic direction?

And the guy next to him has some kind of data scrolling across his smartglasses as he naps?

Shards of glass on the floor of the train where it shattered inwards from the ram strikes?

So many nice details.

Ooh! And that Arasaka cop has an orange glow in his eyes, and the trooper on his right doesn't. Cybereyes as well?

Last edited:
Welllll....beautification in 2020 at least is pretty reasonably priced. Cosmetic surgery is super simple and fast in the Dark Future. It's not cheap, at about 600 eb per point of ATTR, (ATTR 2-3 are ugly, 5-6 are "average", 10 is super model) but given you can dramatically improve your features with a few thousand Euro spent, people who are less lucky (3 for example) in this particular draw can be pretty good looking (7 ATTR) for 2400 eb.

So good looking people abound, at least going from a fairly linear, pedestrian measure of beauty.

That's a good point :smart:

---

Another thing we all have surely noticed in this image: people in 2077 looove stickers and graffitti.

Last edited:
The sticker on the left door is interesting, and I wonder whether it's a reference to something. I wouldn't know.

That page 228 from the "Night City Today" paper is a bit strange in that the "Blood Razors" article on the left continues on page 219.

Top Bottom