The Crimson Curse is unleashed!

+
The good:

- Rot Tosser is playable again with some good synergy alongside the new poison card for NG

- A welcome decrease in provisions for Vattier

- A welcome decrease in provisions for Royal Decree

- Uni/Chiro are still useful but not auto-include

The bad:

- Witchers are rendered useless. They went too far with this one as they did with Spear & Shield. Listening to the community is good but sensible decisions still have to be made.

- Caretaker got a harsh nerf which can only be a result of the devs thinking that some of the new artifacts played twice is over the top. I don't see it however.

The ugly:

- RIP Eredin. I haven't played him much but I definitely won't play him now

The good:

- Rot Tosser is playable again with some good synergy alongside the new poison card for NG

- A welcome decrease in provisions for Vattier

- A welcome decrease in provisions for Royal Decree

- Uni/Chiro are still useful but not auto-include

The bad:

- Witchers are rendered useless. They went too far with this one as they did with Spear & Shield. Listening to the community is good but sensible decisions still have to be made.

- Caretaker got a harsh nerf which can only be a result of the devs thinking that some of the new artifacts played twice is over the top. I don't see it however.

The ugly:

Witcher were to find in almoust all decks. That was not healthy for the game, they are still good in a witcher deck i guess. Eredin was to op. Givin imunity to a card was an overkill. Well deserved nerfs. !!!

The point is, it is not Witcher trio mechanic which made it so popular, game designers did it themselves with mulligan change. There was short period after Witchers were adjusted from 4 power to 3 power and there was still old mulligan rule with each leader having their own number of mullingans and being able to do them on their will. Those mulligans ranged from 1 to 4. In that short period, Witcher trio was definitely less popular than before power adjustment and it was visible in matches. Then there happen change of mulligan rule and all leaders had 6 muligans with mandatory use of 2 after each round. That gave to all decks unprecedent reliability and that is what made Witchers "must be" in every deck. Before mulligan rule change and after Witchers nerf to 3 power, they were not used so widely like up until today.

I did not like that mulligan rule change, because it slightly pushed away deck building skill to make game more forgiving. In other words, players could make deck builds a little more risky than before and overuse of Witcher trio is consequence of mulligan rule change, because before, player really had to think twice before putting Witchers into deck to not waste his limited precious mulligans just on them.

How do you get the CC 3D back of cards? I still have the old one even though I bought the preorder. Thanks.

Edit: ah ok I found it. My bad.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, i've been playing CC Gwent for the past 8 hours, only now im seeing this...

Here are some thoughts about everything:

- after my stupid mistake, now im stuck with 98 base kegs forever. :cry: Still managed to open 117 CC Kegs just with Ore, and i probably wont be buying anymore, as i already have most cards, only missing 4 Legendaries (which i can craft with Scraps)

- already got new leaders, and tried a deck with each. SK, MO and ST's new archetypes seem pretty strong, most players i faced somehow were NG's Henrietta which doesnt seem as good. And didnt see absolutely no Calanthe so i had to try her myself, didnt really seem great, but in the future i'll try a full-on shields deck.

- holy f**k, CDPR nerfed the witchers to oblivion! I never used them, but i thought they were almost balanced in the previous state, then on only one match i saw them played... 2+2+2? that's weak as hell, and if that wasnt enough their cost even increased? Far cry from when they were 12 pts for 18 provisions, i think

- Dethlaff leader seems good, maybe a bit OP, but what is really strong is the blood moon effect, that thing is so powerful on a mid-long round and no one is running any counters. When i used my version i was winning for 30-40pts ahead!

- ST's harmony seems to be a variation of Thrive, and it might have some interactions between bronzes that might be unacceptable and might get nerfed soon.

Overall im really liking this new additions, and seems like engines might become viable again, now lets jsut be careful not to let it roll to the other side...

- Dethlaff leader seems good, maybe a bit OP, but what is really strong is the blood moon effect, that thing is so powerful on a mid-long round and no one is running any counters. When i used my version i was winning for 30-40pts ahead!

Can you counter Bloodmoon? Only with weather i think. Thraw and Iris only clear own rows.

"refresh your leaders ability" really ? … can this be more unbalanced? all the cards are so op compared to basic ones

DRK3

Forum veteran
Can you counter Bloodmoon? Only with weather i think. Thraw and Iris only clear own rows.

Exactly, weather is the best counter, but since no one is using it...

Its basically a "positive/inverted double Ragnaroog", since its pratically impossible for the opponent to kill all vampires, the MO player will just put more and the boost happens after that turn.
You can also do Yrden, but it only affects one row unless you Nivellen previously. Im predicting the BloodMoon will enter the meta very soon.

LOL. Boost a unit by 4 and give it shield. Ahahahahahaha.

I kind of liked playing against good Eredin decks.. I think you are right, everyone will abandon him as leader now. Not sure a change was necessary, but perhaps at higher levels of the game, it was a must?
Post automatically merged:

I don't like this bloodmoon thing, it doesn't seem to have a reasonable counter. A free boost that cannot be countered? How interesting. In addition, the guy played the new 3x respawn vampire on it.

That seemed a bit overpowered.

You can also do Yrden, but it only affects one row unless you Nivellen previously. Im predicting the BloodMoon will enter the meta very soon.

2-row effect is bad. At least if it was 1 you could counter with Yrden as you say.

Love the changes! SK can still thin to 0 but at least they have to pay more for it. And all the other factions have to find a sufficient way for thinning with different decks. Played smth like 10-15 matches and everyone was running smth different (sure i know it's day one but still :) ).

rrc

Forum veteran
Witchers nerfed to oblivion and Roach nerfed and I was thinking why CDPR helps SK this much by removing thinning for everyone.. But then I saw the nerf to SK too and I am really happy about that. So, the vision is applied fairly to everyone (that thinning should have a high price) and hats off for that fairness CDPR!

Having a blast with the expansion. Thank you so very much CDPR!

Anyone else think that Monsters are now incredibly overpowered? I'm having a lot of trouble beating them.

Can you please be more specific. Do you mean vampires, or do you mean point slam, or some combo of the two. I have yet to try ranked, but I do see some serious weaknesses in new MO cards. For one, poison is a best friend against key MO cards. 2, resetting a monster row with Yrden removes the thrive value and the bloodmoon value. Again with more info I can.m give better suggestions/commentary.

Can you please be more specific. Do you mean vampires, or do you mean point slam, or some combo of the two. I have yet to try ranked, but I do see some serious weaknesses in new MO cards. For one, poison is a best friend against key MO cards. 2, resetting a monster row with Yrden removes the thrive value and the bloodmoon value. Again with more info I can.m give better suggestions/commentary.

Well, when compared to Nilfgaard, Monsters seem to be able to do just about anything. High removal, tall units, putting many units down, continuous effects (bleeding), row disruption, etc. Now with their new cards on top, they seem so powerful. Either that or Nilfgaard was just left behind.

Well, when compared to Nilfgaard, Monsters seem to be able to do just about anything. High removal, tall units, putting many units down, continuous effects (bleeding), row disruption, etc. Now with their new cards on top, they seem so powerful. Either that or Nilfgaard was just left behind.

Your good guess was 'Nilfgaard was left behind'.

Haven't played ranked yet, not sure I will. The Youtube mob will produce excellent decks, more of the same = me getting beaten unless I copy a netdeck.

Deck thinning is hard for everyone but SK?

That's about the same as Skellige, plus Skellige has deck management in addition.

Nilfgaard has been forgotten yes.. Have a look at this thread for some well thought through and awesome suggestions for Nilfgaard:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/make-nilfgaard-great-again.11000686/

Your good guess was 'Nilfgaard was left behind'.
Maybe.
Tried this deck today and it is something... not nearly/really new... but it went quiet well the last games. https://gwentup.com/decks/7478
But with no locks and relying only on damage... this absolutely overpowerd Detlaff destroys me.

Come on whats with this card? 10 provisions for a potential 20 power and it isnt even Neutral. Hope this gets nerfed soon. It would also be good when it would has an ability as Ruehin, but with the 3 charges. Coming immediatly back is ... xxxxxx

Post edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom