The day CP 2077.... on E3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time goes by too fast these days. I hope it's a delay until 2023, it might let me catch up on the latest news.

Oh you Troll. :ROFLMAO:

I'm actually looking forward the most to any mention of the system specs set in stone. I'm relying on CDPR to tell me which rig to upgrade to, now that my old one is dying. Release date is a close second.

And yeah! Them blowing our minds by pulling a Fallout 4 and revealing it'll release the day after, would be awesome.

like Withcer 3. you can find that info on this site.
And it is also a sandbox!

I would not count Witcher 3 as a sandbox. That felt very much like it was created with the idea of being like Witcher 2 but last min they just merged all the acts/chapters maps together. Yes I could go anywhere I want. Yet I could not do anything I want. As if I crossed this magical line. Bandits who look like they where wearing the same gear. Suddenly went from like level 10 to level 25. With no reason for it. Other thing I crossed into the level 25 zone and I need to suddenly go back to the noobie zone.

Now I was hoping they would go away from magic upgrade enemies. Where a common thug ((not a member of any gangs or anything like that.)) Suddenly goes from level 2 to level 15. Just because I entered the wrong part of the city. It makes no sense for enemies to just suddenly upgrade like this.

Now I do not think all enemies should be my level in the game. I in fact want some ares of the game to be big bad zones. I do expect to walk into Militech building and be greeted by level 50 guards. Corps and major gangs should have stronger npc. As they are organized to have the gear, cybernetics and other stuff that will give them a biggest threat level then a common thug on the street.

I would not count Witcher 3 as a sandbox. That felt very much like it was created with the idea of being like Witcher 2 but last min they just merged all the acts/chapters maps together. Yes I could go anywhere I want. Yet I could not do anything I want. As if I crossed this magical line. Bandits who look like they where wearing the same gear. Suddenly went from like level 10 to level 25. With no reason for it. Other thing I crossed into the level 25 zone and I need to suddenly go back to the noobie zone.

Now I was hoping they would go away from magic upgrade enemies. Where a common thug ((not a member of any gangs or anything like that.)) Suddenly goes from level 2 to level 15. Just because I entered the wrong part of the city. It makes no sense for enemies to just suddenly upgrade like this.

Now I do not think all enemies should be my level in the game. I in fact want some ares of the game to be big bad zones. I do expect to walk into Militech building and be greeted by level 50 guards. Corps and major gangs should have stronger npc. As they are organized to have the gear, cybernetics and other stuff that will give them a biggest threat level then a common thug on the street.

The map was done early, not stitched together at the last minute. The multi-region approach was deliberate and an evolution on the chapter approach of the earlier games.

The map was done early, not stitched together at the last minute. The multi-region approach was deliberate and an evolution on the chapter approach of the earlier games.

Well like I said. I just had a problem of the enemies getting strong for no reason. Yes I expect an elder griffin to be stronger then a baby. Yet a normal bandit, drowner, wolf or other basic enemy suddenly just getting 10 times stronger as I just walk over a line in the game. That said that I can not be in this zone tell I am level 20. Punishing me for exploring. Punish me for not doing the main story.

The big appeal of a sandbox is exploring the world. Yet if the world is going try to force me in small area A. If feel that removes a lot from a sandbox. I feel it is a linear story that trying to pretend to be a sandbox.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's close. They haven't even hired someone yet, or at least the listing is still active? After they find someone, it still could be several months.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's close. They haven't even hired someone yet, or at least the listing is still active? After they find someone, it still could be several months.

You are right, this might slip into 2020. Even they find a dude before Summer, it just leaves 6 month for Christmas Release.

Well like I said. I just had a problem of the enemies getting strong for no reason. Yes I expect an elder griffin to be stronger then a baby. Yet a normal bandit, drowner, wolf or other basic enemy suddenly just getting 10 times stronger as I just walk over a line in the game. That said that I can not be in this zone tell I am level 20. Punishing me for exploring. Punish me for not doing the main story.

The big appeal of a sandbox is exploring the world. Yet if the world is going try to force me in small area A. If feel that removes a lot from a sandbox. I feel it is a linear story that trying to pretend to be a sandbox.
The game isn't actively punishing you, that's just how RPGs have functioned for decades, and for good reason - it's fun, at least for people like myself.

I like coming across challenges I cannot handle and returning when I'm stronger, better equipped, or with a more balanced party.

I just hope it will be like GTA style sandbox, where you can go around wreaking havoc, such as shooting at everybody and crashing into others with your car.

I hope it won't be. We don't need GTA: Cyberpunk here. I want believable consequences to your actions. Random killing sprees should be punished - swiftly and decisively.

I watched the latest podcast with Tripe S, Last Known, Neon and The Mad Queen and recommend it . One of the casters said sometimes a company has to advertise outside the company by law but they really want someone from inside the company to fill the position, so the fact no one has filled the spot may not be as bad as it sounds . Maybe someone inside CDPR is who they want.

I watched the latest podcast with Tripe S, Last Known, Neon and The Mad Queen and recommend it . One of the casters said sometimes a company has to advertise outside the company by law but they really want someone from inside the company to fill the position, so the fact no one has filled the spot may not be as bad as it sounds . Maybe someone inside CDPR is who they want.

link plz? iam 'leazy' :]

I don`t remember at what time the Triple S guy Cy ( not sure about the spelling ) said it and there are 2 vids at 59mins and 44 mins.

Did you guys knew they hired Release Manager just recently? So yeah, we are close. Well, they havent hired it yet, but they are looking.

https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CDPROJEKTRED/743999686377051-release-manager

I actually wonder whats this for, wasnt Warner the publisher, so why they are hiring this dude.
Release manager position does not mean what you think it means. Release Manager currently working at CDPR was hired two years before any of their (post-Witcher 3 expansions) releases (specifically Gwent and Thronebreaker), so it's not directly tied to the game release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_management

^ That as well. 'Releases' where I work are sometimes just updates/patches to existing software/applications. It could be iterations or even 'sprints' in an Agile setting, not necessarily the whole 'shebang'.

However, reading the job description, it did make it sound more like a manager of a game release and not the former I described.

I hope for 2019, but I think 2020 is more likely.

I want believable consequences to your actions. Random killing sprees should be punished - swiftly and decisively.

Agreed. I didn't mean that you could kill everybody and get away from the cops like nothing happened. I just meant the ability to go around on a killing spree. What you added could make it even better, such as the cops trying their damned hardest to capture you, and even if you do get away, there could be a bounty on your head and the cops could still be actively searching for you, making your open-world experience a bit more drastic.

I've stopped believing what Triple S and MQ say. I don't have anything against them as people, but their "sources" have been notoriously unreliable in the past. I don't think they have any idea what CDPR's hiring policies are.

I've stopped believing what Triple S and MQ say. I don't have anything against them as people, but their "sources" have been notoriously unreliable in the past. I don't think they have any idea what CDPR's hiring policies are.

I have my doubts about their 'sources' as well. They claim the game is coming out in the next 6-8 months...no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom