The day CP 2077.... on E3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks. This is gonna be hard IP to sell to players, so celebrity fuelled series would have been one way to go, imho. Closest thing to Cyberpunk is Deux Ex and it has only sold 8 mill copies since launch, this genre isnt exactly booming like Fantasy is etc.
They can still hire some celebrity to promote their game, like they did with Charles Dance for The Witcher 3, but overall seeing how great was the reception for the Cyberpunk 2077 trailers and gameplays, I don't think it's really necessary for the game to sell well.

An open world, "cinematic" action RPG from the creators of The Witcher 3 has decent chances of selling very well. I do not think it will be as niche as Deus Ex, a better comparison in my opinion is Fallout (Cyberpunk) vs. Elder Scrolls (The Witcher).

That sucks. This is gonna be hard IP to sell to players, so celebrity fuelled series would have been one way to go, imho. Closest thing to Cyberpunk is Deux Ex and it has only sold 8 mill copies since launch, this genre isnt exactly booming like Fantasy is etc.

With the Gameplay trailer sitting on 15mil views, I think it's going to do fine.

With the Gameplay trailer sitting on 15mil views, I think it's going to do fine.

I know thats nice. Maybe Im overly too cautious but I dont want this genre to go too undergroundish. Celebs are one way to make this series, as unique. Sure some companies have used celebs before but not "fully".

I know thats nice. Maybe Im overly too cautious but I dont want this genre to go too undergroundish. Celebs are one way to make this series, as unique. Sure some companies have used celebs before but not "fully".

They'll be fine. The video-game industry is bigger than the movie industry and music industry combined. And it's growing.. fast.

They'll be fine. The video-game industry is bigger than the movie industry and music industry combined. And it's growing.. fast.

We know at launch, but stay floating with any mean necessary, thats what I gotta say. If players doesnt like this IP, get the celebs etc.

We know at launch, but stay floating with any mean necessary, thats what I gotta say. If players doesnt like this IP, get the celebs etc.
If players won't like the IP in the first place, no amount of celebrities will keep it afloat. If you mean that as keeping the momentum going after initial success, The Witcher 3 did that pretty well with expansions and I think we can expect similar post-launch content for Cyberpunk 2077 as well, not to mention a possible multiplayer mode which might be released afterwards.

Why would this be a hard sell for players?

Cyberway, you make the strangest statements sometimes. Cyberpunk 2077 is easily one of the most-anticipated games of this generation.

If players won't like the IP in the first place, no amount of celebrities will keep it afloat. If you mean that as keeping the momentum going after initial success, The Witcher 3 did that pretty well with expansions and I think we can expect similar post-launch content for Cyberpunk 2077 as well, not to mention a possible multiplayer mode which might be released afterwards.

If they use alot of celebs, it makes this series "unique", If they keep pushing games, sure they get their own spot in game industry. Players will always remember "hey this is the game with the celebs" etc. But yeah they really gotta go with it, not just use them for some minor stuff.

Why would this be a hard sell for players?

Cyberway, you make the strangest statements sometimes. Cyberpunk 2077 is easily one of the most-anticipated games of this generation.

Because sci-fi is less popular than fantasy and this is dark-future/dystopia sci-fi. I dont know any "dark" IP what has sold alot of copies. Diablo 3 you might say, but it came from Blizzard so it doesnt count. Dark IPs are struggling, Prey, Doom, Deus Ex, etc. Dark Riders didnt end up well either. Matrix Online, no-one even noticed it. I could keep going to be honest. This is hard one to sell.

Matrix online... Those were the days ;(

All good things must come to an end. I miss City of Heroes, personally.

If they use alot of celebs, it makes this series "unique", If they keep pushing games, sure they get their own spot in game industry. Players will always remember "hey this is the game with the celebs" etc. But yeah they really gotta go with it, not just use them for some minor stuff.

Because sci-fi is less popular than fantasy and this is dark-future/dystopia sci-fi. I dont know any "dark" IP what has sold alot of copies. Diablo 3 you might say, but it came from Blizzard so it doesnt count. Dark IPs are struggling, Prey, Doom, Deus Ex, etc. Dark Riders didnt end up well either. Matrix Online, no-one even noticed it. I could keep going to be honest. This is hard one to sell.

I'm not concerned. It's not about the game's theme, it's about it's gameplay. All of the games you mentioned just aren't as appealing to the majority nowadays. Two of them are immersive sims, which people are simply less interested in for some reason, possibly because they can be overwhelmingly complex in their open-endedness (yet still being linear, leaving players to feel like they're "missing out" on critical stuff).

Doom did well as far as I know. Where are you getting your numbers from?

Because sci-fi is less popular than fantasy and this is dark-future/dystopia sci-fi. I dont know any "dark" IP what has sold alot of copies. Diablo 3 you might say, but it came from Blizzard so it doesnt count. Dark IPs are struggling, Prey, Doom, Deus Ex, etc. Dark Riders didnt end up well either.

Err.. The Witcher is pretty dark, so is Dark Souls.

Cyberpunk 2077 isn't really any darker than The Witcher 3 aesthetically, if what we saw in the trailer is what we'll be getting.

If they use a lot of celebs, it makes this series "unique", If they keep pushing games, sure they get their own spot in the game industry. Players will always remember "hey this is the game with the celebs" etc. But yeah they really gotta go with it, not just use them for some minor stuff.

I don't know about this. If you have to use celebs to promote your game, then you've already showcased your product is not being received well by your audience. A lot of companies use celebs/influencers to get more eyes/awareness on it, but don't have to, otherwise, you're targetting the influencer's audience, not your own, causing dropoff and lacking any longevity in engagement. Example:

I don't think they should solely be looking towards influencers. Their other marketing campaigns for Cyberpunk have worked out beautifully inside their targetted communities, (Hydra V-Tech and Trauma Team for example).

Well I rest my case, if you guys think this game does well, lets hope so. Not that this is dark, but this game is extremely manly too.

I don't know about this. If you have to use celebs to promote your game, then you've already showcased your product is not being received well by your audience. A lot of companies use celebs/influencers to get more eyes/awareness on it, but don't have to, otherwise, you're targetting the influencer's audience, not your own, causing dropoff and lacking any longevity in engagement.

Celebs as promoting tools are overused, time to put them in the game.

Why is this Lady Gaga bs still going around? Adam Kiciński straight up said on stage at the this years financial results meeting that there are no popstars involved what so ever for E3.
Maybe she has heard more info about CP2077 will be announced at E3 so she shows up in private?

Well, not extremely manly like some Hulk Hogan stuff, but this is definitely "dudefest" at least, and for older dudes, maybe not for youth. So that said, I wouldnt mind if they played some different marketting card, or are the gonna rely on good design, gameplay, polishing, features etc.

Last edited:

the Darker the world is the less likely the people can escape from it in a dark game. and visa versa.
not saying that every game is escapism... but it is an aspect of it. (you can run from the real world / you can run toward a new world)

Post automatically merged:

I don't know about this. If you have to use celebs to promote your game, then you've already showcased your product is not being received well by your audience. A lot of companies use celebs/influencers to get more eyes/awareness on it, but don't have to, otherwise, you're targetting the influencer's audience, not your own, causing dropoff and lacking any longevity in engagement. Example:

I don't think they should solely be looking towards influencers. Their other marketing campaigns for Cyberpunk have worked out beautifully inside their targetted communities, (Hydra V-Tech and Trauma Team for example).

Gaga is complimenting CP77. and visa versa. i think Gaga loves the whole theme and loved to make that tweet (maybe even for free).

Well I rest my case, if you guys think this game does well, lets hope so. Not that this is dark, but this game is extremely manly too.

Celebs as promoting tools are overused, time to put them in the game.

Manly? Wo-man can be bad-ass to!!

Net running, Leveling, Power creep. Will this game have questing zones like WoW, Witcher 3 or will it be more like Skyrim and a true sandbox.

like Withcer 3. you can find that info on this site.
And it is also a sandbox!

Matrix online... Those were the days ;(

are you insinuating that you will clarify at E3 the BIG oll Question:

Will there be a multi player option????????? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!??!?!?!? :think:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom