The day has come! The Witcher: Enhanced Edition ships today to stores in North America

+
Yes, it exists. The bonus content is quality and collectible. The music, maps, and box are definitely proud additions to any gamer's game-box shelf. I love the contests which give opportunities to get the extra little rewards, like mousepads and keychains and other swag. Just like someday I'd love to own the Ghost in the Shell series in the collector's box, even though I'd seen the shows, this Enhanced Edition is an interactive reward even beyond the collector's gems.I'm going to download the free content, but also get the Enhanced Edition to compare the differences and get the maps and music. There's something about seeing the box on your shelf when you have friends over that makes them want to try the game, and makes you want to tell them about it.For instance, I have all the Baldur's Gate series, Icewind Dale series, Neverwinter Nights series, Planescape: Torment, some odds and ends, the Unlimited Adventures kit, all the SSI Goldbox game boxes, the Eye of the Beholder series...About 25 years of gaming to chat about, share with your kids, try to install on new computers (lol) and compare to the new stuff that's trying to uphold the name of a good game. Soon though, you'll be able to download some of that old classy stuff on the Good Old Games site. The difference being is that I'll have the boxes and the printed manuals, maps and decoder-wheels... and the downloaders will not. :evil:

I agree with you about what I see on the EE page, quality and a loaded box. But, that is not what they are showing for NA. Is that A UK version?

STGhost said:
Your posts are bordering on trolling now, obviously the stuff on the EE page exists. If you want the codes, you will have to send an email to CDPR or just check on amazon or similar.
Well, just a few posts ago, a rep from CDProject said that in NA, there will be no "printed manual and what-not".This is one of the frustrations with information regarding this game. Conflicting responses.And a hostile attitude towards posters that are confused about these conflicting statements from moderators.When CDProject posts, as they did earlier, they seem to be concerned about customer's concerns and offer explanations.I was upset as well about the EE, as I feel they are needed changes.However, I STILL went and bought it again via Steam, and is downloading now because I do want to support them.However, I hope they get new mods for future game sites' forums.

Your confusion is understandable, as there are 4 different EE versions out there, depending on where you live (Polish, Russian, European, North American). The one on the website as I explained is the Polish version, and my statement that the contents exist is hardly misleading in that sense. If you feel that there are conflicting statements, ask a mod or a CDPR community rep to clarify or post here.Also, if you are unhappy about our work here, you are free to email CDPR to complain ;)

I not trying to give you a hard time. I am trying to get some answers and you are telling me I am trolling. And I feel having a manual with no errors which is what they are saying on the EE page is important. Who wants to print or have 72 or more pages of PDFs laying around?

STGhost said:
Your confusion is understandable, as there are 4 different EE versions out there, depending on where you live (Polish, Russian, European, North American). The one on the website as I explained is the Polish version, and my statement that the contents exist is hardly misleading in that sense. If you feel that there are conflicting statements, ask a mod or a CDPR community rep to clarify or post here.Also, if you are unhappy about our work here, you are free to email CDPR to complain ;)
I'm not confused.Thanks for reinforcing my point in such a perfect fashion. If CDPR can post here, they can sure read here, no need to email them.If they want mods arguing the semantics of the term "exists", that's their call.

They were here earlier. but may be schnoozing now. Are you in the US? The clock on this board is whack. It is 6:09 PM the 16th where I am. And, I concur with your impression of the board mods. I bought 1 for me, 1 for my pops, and am contemplating buying the EE for myself, so around $160.00 worth and get called a troll for asking questions.

Just a heads-up that The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is priced at $39.99 in the US, not $60 :)And seriously, don't blame Atari about packaging -- it's an economic issue with the retailers. The European box (excluding Russia) is really thick... so retailers, who already don't like carrying PC games all that much, say, "I can carry 4 of your games at $39.99 or 8 of someone else's at $49.99." So we had to make the box smaller.

TomOhle said:
Just a heads-up that The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is priced at $39.99 in the US, not $60 :)And seriously, don't blame Atari about packaging -- it's an economic issue with the retailers. The European box (excluding Russia) is really thick... so retailers, who already don't like carrying PC games all that much, say, "I can carry 4 of your games at $39.99 or 8 of someone else's at $49.99." So we had to make the box smaller.
Makes sense to me. Thanks

TomOhle said:
Hello TomI was guessing at a price based on the EE Page, Because in California that is what I wound be willing to pay for that much content. I don't blame Atari for packaging, because I know in the US that size box has been made a standard/green before I had to hear the term "Green" 875 times a day. I blame Atari for rushing CDPR to put out an unfinished game so that they can get a return on their investment. IE TOEE. I am just glad that they did not put you out of business like they did Trioka.

Ok, just reading on your site that the NA version does not include a printed manual. I would think that is a ton more important than a making of DVD, etc. Also, I love the statement, "If you’re somehow able to resist getting your copy right now." Well if I could actually get a copy in a local store, and it included the full package as shown (without following the North America) link then I might just go out and buy it. As it is, it will not be available for purchase until the 23rd in my local store, and it is a cut down version. Sure I could buy the digital download, but for me having the full box copy is important. Buying the digital download is giving me nothing more than what i already get. I guess it seems confusing. i understand your sentiment about shelf space, etc., however a store will gladly take a game they can sell versus one that sits on the shelf, no matter how much space it takes.Some how the logic makes no sense to me.

Since i've already purchased the original copy of the game. Can i download the UK version of the enhanced edition?today is my birthday and i would like this for a present lol.

@ rcardon its in stores in the NA on the 16th and as far as I know it will be a few days when the Red team puts it up on the site for the members for the free DL @ jaedwards70 Its my understanding that it goes by the CD Key so if your game is from the UK just like mine is it should be fine that if your getting it from the Red-Team DL when they put it up and Happy Birthday :)

I notice the news page is different than the EE page, visually, and includes a disclaimer. Will someone from CDPR please, answer the question. Is the UK/European version the same as the EE page? Thank you for the info.

Yeah, let's everyone keep complaining. That will make developers really want to do something nice like this for us in the future.

Bweeeerrrrr you had to wait THREE MORE DAYS. Good Lord. I'm sure CDPR are really proud of this kind of thanks for their hard work and distribution efforts - which are not always easy to control. You'll get the thing on Friday. Get a hobby, get a job, go outside rather than trolling the forums with your keyboard warrior attitudes. If you can't wait, take a load of ketamine and knock yourself out for another 48 hours then you'll wake up on Friday all ready for another marathon of ungrateful whingeing.

Hello, I'd like to get myself a copy of The Witcher Enhanced Edition, but I'm wondering what the best copy to buy is?Are any (or all) of them uncensored?Does the digital download version from Atari lack certain features I would get if I bought the boxed version in the store?Thanks! :)

Top Bottom