The day has come! The Witcher: Enhanced Edition ships today to stores in North America

+
What time zone are you guys in? My experience has been that the East coast gets things first, and then it trickles west. I used to simply add a day for each time zone west after the east coast got it, but it hasn't always been accurate. :p

Just bought a copy at my local Best Buy out here in the mountain west. ;D They weren't actually on the shelves, but there were 10 of them in an open box on the floor in the PC games section. I just took one out of there. >_>

Hmm, guys, when an erotic card is shown for the first time(during the... process), it is censored, but when you rewatch it through thejournal, it is not, lol. But i have old fix for gore/dryad model, maybe the "problem" ;D is because of that?

Ok, Steam send me my CD-key, finally ;) There's still one question : Steam version is missing those bonus modules, where can i find them?

The packaging was the publisher's decision, not the game studio's, so the people who screwed up are the folks at Atari.

Corylea said:
The packaging was the publisher's decision, not the game studio's, so the people who screwed up are the folks at Atari.
Figured as much... leave it to the Middleman/Management to screw up a perfectly good product from a decent vendor because they "know" better. Thanks alot Atari... as the Navy says "You really screwed the pooch"

nawlinsdemon said:
Could you please explain the difference in packaging? I feel a little cheated as I seem to have bought the horse with a shoe missing! And I would dearly love to have the box, covers and printed instruction manual.
I agree. I feel ripped off by the publishers and pre-ordered based on what I expected to get and not a trimmed down version of what I got today in New Zealand.I am returning mine as we have the Fair Trading Act that protects consumers from this sought of business dealing.The game is still great - but I will be getting a 2nd hand copy and downloading the patches instead.Damn Atari :mad:

wharekura said:
I agree. I feel ripped off by the publishers and pre-ordered based on what I expected to get and not a trimmed down version of what I got today in New Zealand.I am returning mine as we have the Fair Trading Act that protects consumers from this sought of business dealing.The game is still great - but I will be getting a 2nd hand copy and downloading the patches instead.Damn Atari :mad:
Good on you... I'd probably do the same but purchased mine at point of sale so I don't have much of an option... will explore that avenue anyway. Atari better be reading these threads and getting the message! Hope you are enjoying the improvements as much as I am. BTW, I figured out that I had to remove my original EE disc version and reinstall 1.3 in order to get the patch to upgrade to the 1.4.5.1282 that is the download version (Disc version of NA EE is 1.4.5.1280). And yes, the Language download is required too (DUH... voiceovers and new dialogue!). I immediately noticed additional depth to the color and am interested in seeing what else was improved between the NA release and the download patch release. Still don't regret buying it though... just a tad miffed. ;) But then I have decided I'll never buy an Atari product without looking a lot closer into what is ACTUALLY being sold. My bad for not paying attention to detail. Have a friend in Christ Church... yell out a general hello in that direction for me if you would. Cheers.

patch release. Still don't regret buying it though... just a tad miffed. ;)
Moderators - is it worth me starting a thread regarding getting an idea of people who are disappointed as we are about getting the trimmed down version of the game? Or is this on-topic?
Have a friend in Christ Church... yell out a general hello in that direction for me if you would. Cheers.
New Zealand is small but not that small :) there are a few hundred thousand in CHCH alone and might be put in to a physc treatment centre if I said hello in any direction down there ;D

wharekura said:
patch release. Still don't regret buying it though... just a tad miffed. ;)
Moderators - is it worth me starting a thread regarding getting an idea of people who are disappointed as we are about getting the trimmed down version of the game? Or is this on-topic?
I would ask the same. My feeling is that there would be a rather large and discontented response. As I recall, I've seen alot of similar comments in other areas of the forum. I think this merits a stand alone thread. It may seem silly, as the game is practically identical (censored cards notwithstanding), but it's the principle of being shorted.Ditto on the white long sleeved coat wharekura, Belle Chasse is not very big but with New Orleans just across the canal I know exactly what you mean. Then again... with the party attitude and the French Quarter... I would fit in just nicely!! ;D

hi all , my qiuck question is where i cen buy that game in CHicago area doeas any one know? but the original POlish version awcourse i could go to circuitcity or bestbuy but the have US version only, WIedzmin rozszerzona edycja rock ! :)

Top Bottom