The day has come! The Witcher: Enhanced Edition ships today to stores in North America

+
I'm sorry, but this seems typical. Yes, the fanboys will flame me. It has been done for a while, but they hold back on allowing us to download (sorry but the EE is not them giving us something extra special, but instead giving what they should ahve the first time). They say the 16th, but of course no stores will have it then. BestBuy says release 23rd, so by making us wait is not any benefit. I was going to buy but I might now now. I will download, however that will take forever since 1.4 GB and thousands trying to get will equal an entire weekend trying to download. Basically, it is another example of a developer not really thinking through the whole things, looking at the big picture. I bought their game for $50 and have not played it much since I wanted the full thing, and now have to wait again. Was planning on buying EE but not sure now because I see the company adding agrevation for no reason.

RandyMyers said:
I'm sorry, but this seems typical. Yes, the fanboys will flame me. It has been done for a while, but they hold back on allowing us to download (sorry but the EE is not them giving us something extra special, but instead giving what they should ahve the first time). They say the 16th, but of course no stores will have it then. BestBuy says release 23rd, so by making us wait is not any benefit. I was going to buy but I might now now. I will download, however that will take forever since 1.4 GB and thousands trying to get will equal an entire weekend trying to download. Basically, it is another example of a developer not really thinking through the whole things, looking at the big picture. I bought their game for $50 and have not played it much since I wanted the full thing, and now have to wait again. Was planning on buying EE but not sure now because I see the company adding agrevation for no reason.
Sorry you feel that way... however, be assured that this is something out of our control. It's possible some stores will have it today, while others will be waiting until their shipments arrive. We cannot release the free patch online before the whole world has the retail product -- it would just upset so many retailers... they basically already put up a huge fight about even SELLING the game if everything was going to be available for free online. Please understand that this is pretty much the first time something like this has been attempted, and there will obviously be a few hiccups here and there. But in the end, by September 19, you should be able to play the game.

RandyMyers said:
Whine much? You going to survive having to wait three whole days to get a free DL of what anyone who hasn't already bought a copy will have to pay for? Maybe if you stopped to think about it, you'd see that the 'delay' in getting the free DL of the EE is due to marketing concerns and beyond CDProjekt's control. Tom shouldn't have even had to point that out.As for the release date: this is no different from any other game release date announcement on the planet. Every single one that I've ever seen announces when the game will ship to stores. CDProjekt has no control on when those shipments will actually arrive or when the retailers will actually get those games on their shelves. You say you were planning on buying the EE. Put your money where your keyboard is then, and go Here for three possible digital distribution options or Here to buy from AtariUS. You can buy it right now.

I just checked Wal-Mart here in Maine ( North East U S ) =============== they don't seem to have a clue :mad: :wall: :( :eek:Will have to check out of town and see what happens ::)No matter what will wait and buy =============== still one if not the best game that I've played

It's not 3 days. Originally they said it would be out in may . The day came and they didn't come through.They then said it would be a few days. I still am hoping it will be worth the wait but as far as being up front about delays cdpr has a very poor track record. They have let promised release dates come full well knowing people are waiting only to announce ON the day that it will be months longer. C'mon they didn't know before the release date that it would take 5 more months? If there is another delay in the download it will not surprise me.That would fit the pattern. If its done and on steam why make game owners wait again ? us downloading the patch has nothing to do with retailers

By responding using flaming and ad hominem, you aren't exactly putting yourself above the person you were replying to.That said, I do not want to see any more attacks against anyone in here. Keep it civil.

greggorypeccary said:
It's not 3 days. Originally they said it would be out in may . The day came and they didn't come through.They then said it would be a few days. I still am hoping it will be worth the wait but as far as being up front about delays cdpr has a very poor track record.
Yeah, not a good move, admitted. We won't give out release dates as quickly as was done in the past for this very reason.As for the "downloading a patch shouldn't have anything to do with retailers" idea... unfortunately it has EVERYTHING to do with retailers. Here are the scenarios:1) Free content is available before retail package = no retailer will carry it2) Free content is available at same time = they will carry itThis is a terribly basic version of the situation -- there were other things that came into play, like having to reduce the size of the box to get any retailers to carry it in North America (hence the non-printed manual and whatnot).I realize it's not a perfect situation for people who want the update... but alas, this is how it has to be. It's just three more days. Hopefully you can find some peace of mind knowing that we could have given them the one to six month delay they pushed for.

Personally, I prefer if a developer takes extra time and releases a quality product than if too much heed is given to deadlines.I'm sure we all know a few games that were rushed out too early. ;)Thus, I am not too fussed about the delay of the EE. :)

So, nobody has found a hardcopy anywhere? I'm guessing that Amazon, one of the largest distributors of PC games in the U.S. , has the date right of the 18th. Until then, the shelves will be empty.

"there were other things that came into play, like having to reduce the size of the box to get any retailers to carry it in North America (hence the non-printed manual and whatnot)."So I paid 50 bones and tax for an unfinished product the first time. No offense to CD RED, I blame Atari. The EE is probably $60 and tax, and I am not even going to get the entire package that has been displayed on the EE page, because im in the US. That is friggin garbage.

GotToTasteIt said:
So I paid 50 bones and tax for an unfinished product the first time. No offense to CD RED, I blame Atari. The EE is probably $60 and tax, and I am not even going to get the entire package that has been displayed on the EE page, because im in the US. That is friggin garbage.
I don't understand. Why don't you just download the EE for free?

That looks like what I will do now. I had considered rebuying to support CDR, But now I don't think I will. When you look at what they have been advertising on that page, It has all been 1 big tease.

STGhost said:
By responding using flaming and ad hominem, you aren't exactly putting yourself above the person you were replying to.That said, I do not want to see any more attacks against anyone in here. Keep it civil.
Apologies (I assume this post was aimed at me and if it wasn't it still applies) to you ST_Ghost and to Randy. Sorry, I was more than a bit on edge earlier. You didn't deserve that and I don't generally post something like that. Again, apologies. While I disagree with your assessment of the situation, Randy, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

So, it is the 16th of September and the Enhanced Edition has hit the stores of North America.And I am sick.Coincidence?Probaly, but I don't think so.The natural forces seem to want me to download the EE with my slow connection to punish me as usual :DBut great! The EE is in stores and I am going to force a few friends of mine to buy the game ;)

Does anyone know if what they are showing on the EE page actually exists? And if it does, the product #s for the UK version and the NA version.

Your posts are bordering on trolling now, obviously the stuff on the EE page exists. If you want the codes, you will have to send an email to CDPR or just check on amazon or similar.

Not attempting to troll, Just looking for answers. If i am going to repurchase the game I don't want an NA version. I would like to buy what I see on that page. So Part#s would help. My apologizes.

Top Bottom