The degree of discussion around 1st/3rd person, modding V, and V vs the endings, is evidence of CDPR being onto something...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm frankly amazed it's a point of contention.
It wouldn't have been. If there was no character creator or clothing. I don't care about being stuck in first person, in Subnautica. Those two games do the same thing CP does. The only time you can see Ryley or Robin. Is with a robot penguin or a scanning camera. And when they do cut scenes. They take control of the player. So you don't have to manually move your face around. Proper cut scenes. They're dynamic. Not V sitting in a chair.

FP is fine. But this is what they did wrong. FP, with real cut scenes. FP, with 3rd person mode for everything else that doesn't involve sitting down or sex. They just did FP and nothing else.

Last edited:
It wouldn't have been. If there was no character creator or clothing. I don't care about being stuck in first person, in Subnautica.

You're projecting your own views. Applying them as some kind of universal fact. There are plenty of people who would've loved a third person view toggle in Subnautica. Myself included. Do a quick Google search for Subnautica third person. You'll see there are plenty of people asking for it.

The fact remain, as so many have already pointed out, it's a highly subjective thing and no one can speak for anyone else on that matter.

A toggle is and remains the best option.

Guest 4375874

It wouldn't have been. If there was no character creator or clothing. I don't care about being stuck in first person, in Subnautica. Those two games do the same thing CP does. The only time you can see Ryley or Robin. Is with a robot penguin or a scanning camera. And when they do cut scenes. They take control of the player. So you don't have to manually move your face around. Proper cut scenes. They're dynamic. Not V sitting in a chair.

FP is fine. But this is what they did wrong. FP, with real cut scenes. FP, with 3rd person mode for everything else that doesn't involve sitting down or sex. They just did FP and nothing else.
Exactly. if it's between another established Geralt character that I have no impact on, appearance or otherwise then I'd rather take this route where I create my own character. I'm not sure why we're pretending this is the first FPP game ever made. In real life I don't stand in front of a mirror for hours looking at my outfit or magically stare at my back or reflection every chance I get. So while it's FPP and I have none of that I still take comfort in the fact that I am that character and I am experiencing everything as my character does.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's simple human behavior.

The opposite of happiness isn't hate, it's indifference.

People don't complain over things they don't care about, they forget all about it and move on. People care about this game and want it to be better and succeed. Myself included. Whether it will or not is still up in the air.

Those who didn't care already left.

Disagree with your sentiment the entire premises of your post.

I mostly left as I was tired of the same in my feeling unjustified subjective negative topics being repeated and stated as "facts" by some and gave up. :giveup:

Not because I don't care. I just tired of the poor horse being beaten and I personally don't care about the AI , combat "missing features" etc.

I prefer to let the metecritic ratings speak for itself and know that the devs have access to the whole picture in which players do not and can tell if the game "succeeded" or not.

Personally other than my personal grievances I stated before I think the (pc) game is find in both performance and "completeness" an nothing further needs to be said.

topic Third person > first person

Last edited:
You're projecting your own views. Applying them as some kind of universal fact. There are plenty of people who would've loved a third person view toggle in Subnautica. Myself included. Do a quick Google search for Subnautica third person. You'll see there are plenty of people asking for it.

The fact remain, as so many have already pointed out, it's a highly subjective thing and no one can speak for anyone else on that matter.

I did. And the articles that pop up are 4 or 2 years old. And threads that don't go on for much. There's a want. Like anything would. But majority doesn't care. A game that lets you edit the character is when everyone wants to see the character. Oh, and at least the Subnautica team did better body animations. Including fixing technical goofs I reported with the sea glide and tether tool clipping into the body.

toggle is only the best option theoretically, if you could have everything you had with one with the other, that us unlikely. There is a finite amount time/resources for every project. Everything effects everything else. This is not to say it wouldn't be worthwhile, but I'd need to know what I'm giving up, and what I'm gaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom