The description of Immunity could and should have better wording.

+
I know this thread is long overdue, but this is an issue that honestly really bugs me.

Right now, this is what the description of Immunity says: "Status whereby this card cannot be manually targeted."

That description is factually wrong. Things like poison, locks, destruction, doomed, and resets/restorations can all manually target immune cards.

What the description should say is "Status whereby this card cannot be manually damaged." since manual damage effects are the only things that immunity protects a card against.

It may seem pretty minor to a lot of people, but it's also a change that I'd argue is necessary given just how incorrect the last word of the current description is. I'm also assuming it wouldn't require much effort to correct since it would only require changing a single word of the description (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Things like poison, locks, destruction, doomed, and resets/restorations can all manually target immune cards.

No they cannot directly target immune units; only indirectly by using row or adjacent effects.

No they cannot directly target immune units; only indirectly by using row or adjacent effects.

They most certainly can. I've done it as recently as the past hour. I've also had it done to me as recently as the past hour.

Test it yourself if you don't believe me. I assumed it was intentional since I've seen it happen a lot since I came back, but if it's not then it's a pretty severe bug. Manual damage (stuff like targeting an enemy for 1 damage, 2 damage, etc.) is the only thing that immunity currently blocks (at least consistently).

Edit: To be clear, test out the full array of what I mentioned. Cards that manually destroy targets, cards that manually afflict targets with poison, cards that manually afflict targets with doomed, etc. Werewolves that I've boosted have been getting affected by this stuff regularly, as have units that enemies have made immune.

Last edited:

This is the only way to deal with immune units, and it's a good thing that it can be done. Immune is fine as it is, except perhaps it should not be possible to manually target immune cards on hand (example woodland spirit).

I have never seen it happen, nor am I able to reproduce it. Could you make a video or take a screenshot next time it happens?

And, if you can provide a video or shots, @Fillory , please, send Support a ticket with them attached.

I'll try to get a clip to send to support, yeah. Might take a bit since the cards my opponent has are completely out of my hands (only saw one opponent with an immune unit all night last night, for example), but I'll try to remember to grab a clip the next time I see it happen.

I have a unit with immunity that I boosted and just found out that immunity is not what I expect it to do, in fact it's not quite clear. a guy with trap cards or a unit can continuosly hit it and I've seen other ways, is it possible to expand the explanation of this on the card. I'm so confused of the word "immune", can someone "deploy" and put poison to the card? can a monster "deploy" card with destroy just destroy this card? can unit with "order" hit it? simple explanation might be nice..
Post automatically merged:

disregard, please delete this thread....found it here, https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ould-and-should-have-better-wording.11004829/

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
This might be a bit offtopic, but since it's related to immunity...

So, we all know Immune units can be damaged or destroyed by indirect means, but what about removing immunity?

Before, Ceallach, an obscure NG card, was the only way to do it. Now you can no longer use him to remove immunity from enemies, but there are 2 - again, obscure - cards that can actually remove immunity from enemies:

Spring Equinox, and Tempest. Tempest needs adjacent enemies, but it can be quite interesting, i think it only sees little play because the only immune cards that give problem are Saessenthesis and Milva (both SC cards...), and they're not problematic enough to prepare for them, but if new immune units come, it may find better use.

I just tried this:
Tried to poison, to move, to damage, to boost, to give vitality, to purify.
Nothing is able to target an immune.
Can you reproduce what you mean?

Immunity doesn't mean it can't be removed, or that the unit can't be damaged/destroyed.

Right now, this is what the description of Immunity says: "Status whereby this card cannot be manually targeted."

That description is factually wrong.

The only thing that bugged me since HC is that immune units with order abilities (like Avallach on Imlerith) can use the abilities.
You have to manually aim at the card, click the card. No one else can click on an immune card.
If its immune to click and target for others it should also be for the owner of the card.
I dont have anything against passive abilities like Immune Geels or Gabor Zigrin or Milva... but order abilities shouldnt work with immune.

Top Bottom