"The developers playing the demo unlocked in the Handguns II skill to increase revolver damage"

+
This and
subdermal grip increases base damage onto all connected weapons
- 48 min demo

Could some dev elaborate on this, please?
We thought you guys wanted to maximize the immersion, so what's the rationale behind this?
Please, don't say it's because of RPG, give us the real answer. :sad:

Last edited:
How about 'micro actuators in the grip that provide constant minute adjustments to your aim allowing for greater accuracy and pinpointing the slightly more vulnerable spot on an enemy'?

I'd repeat what I said in the other thread.

Having your accuracy tied to skills in FPS is retarded and sure way to financial flop.

+damage from skills and gear is perfectly fine as long as percentages remain reasonable - this was used in Mass Effect trilogy and was perfectly fine.

It could be that the grip augment increases damage from ALL types of guns whereas perks from specific trees only influence the type they refer to.
We have so much conflicting info rn that all we can do is guess.
Here's to hoping that all character progression hasn't been shoved into a skill tree.

I'd repeat what I said in the other thread.

Having your accuracy tied to skills in FPS is retarded and sure way to financial flop.
You mean like GTA V (both TPS and FPS)? I think rockstar is doing just fine.
Post automatically merged:

We have so much conflicting info rn that all we can do is guess.
As a matter of fact, I'm asking directly to devs.

How about 'micro actuators in the grip that provide constant minute adjustments to your aim allowing for greater accuracy and pinpointing the slightly more vulnerable spot on an enemy'?

I'm not gonna use a vibrator as a gun.

The way I would do it is that the gun's hit area would be a circle, and the actual shot would be randomized to a location within this circle. Improving aim skill would make this circle smaller, and the player would have to still aim to place the circle over the target they want to shoot. The circle could be invisible for greater immersion.

We also saw how leveling will work: it’s a system that’s split into attribute points like Strength and the notorious “Cool,” and perks for specific things like handguns, shotguns, melee, and more. CDPR tells me those perks get stronger through use (as well as a perk point system), but they are also bottlenecked by your attributes. For example, if your strength is too low, you’ll eventually hit a wall in your melee perk until you get more, but you’ll be able to respec attributes in some fashion, too.
https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2019/06/11/thoughts-after-cyberpunk-2077s-50-minute-gameplay-demo

This sounds a lot like the subdermal gunlink from CP2020 PnP, implemented in a computer game that does not separate the traditional "To Hit" and "Damage" rolls.

Second, if it increases accuracy, say improving a shot to the hand to be a shot to the head, yeah that's a damage increase....

I still don’t like that attribute bottlenecking system at all. Stats should be complementing skills, not limiting them.

In terms of the PnP system or PnP in general?

If the former, true, but the CRPG was always going to use different methods than the TT. This is fine.

If the latter, SLA Industries use the same system and it's lots of fun. Crunchy as all get out, too.

I always assumed Skills and Perks were separate systems. You raise skills, and perks are what gives you special abilities; perhaps some are gated behind having a certain skill level. Now, it seems there aren't actually skills at all, just perks.

Dunno how to feel. Very much do not like the whole +X% damage thing. Don't care what anyone says, that's not necessary for an RPG to be an RPG.

I was desperately hoping raising your weapon skills would impact things like bullet spread and such. I was also hoping skills would be raised passively, by performing actions related to that skill. Now it seems there aren't even weapon skills in the first place, just weapon perks, so as a result, there's undoubtedly not going to be stuff like bullet spread, reload speed, recoil, overall handling/accuracy and such.

Yeah, actually, I do know how to feel: just disappointed. I'm not implying CDPR should have implemented everything we ever asked for, but this was definitely one of the biggest points of discussion over the years. Clearly their vision does not line up with mine (not exactly a surprise, I guess). I'll still play/enjoy the game, though.

Last edited:
then it should increase accuracy (= less bullet spread) and not damage.

Disagree.

Accuracy works well in a pen-and-paper when you're not actually aiming at targets. It does not work at all in a video game where you do aim at targets. Seeing "miss" flash across the screen when you've got the crosshairs lined up perfectly on a target is the definition of frustration in a video game. It's a pen-and-paper mechanic that just not translate to video games at all, and as such, should never be used.

Disagree.

Accuracy works well in a pen-and-paper when you're not actually aiming at targets. It does not work at all in a video game where you do aim at targets. Seeing "miss" flash across the screen when you've got the crosshairs lined up perfectly on a target is the definition of frustration in a video game. It's a pen-and-paper mechanic that just not translate to video games at all, and as such, should never be used.
That's not what accuracy needs to entail.
  • Bullet spread.
  • Recoil.
  • Reload speed.
  • Weapon sway (No, I don't mean your weapon is waving all over the place at first).
This would be just fine.

This guy probably gotten in wrong and confused skills and perks, it was perk not skill probably, from IGN we know that u can invest perk into the handguns:

• You can use perk points earned on level-ups to upgrade a number of categories: blades, rifles, handguns, assassination, cold-blood, sniper rifles, engineering, hacking, shotgun melee, two-handed, and maybe one more I didn't have time to write down. The level-up skill tree is a branching thing that looks like a motherboard almost, with cables going out from the center.
I need to know more how it works, maybe it enhance the bullet or something.

Disagree.

Then I have a very very very bad news for you: not only accuracy has been used in a lot of videogames you're not aware of, but in cyberpunk 2077 as well. From the demo:

1560298823540.png

DPS: damage per second
PNT: penetration
ACC: accuracy
ROF: rate of fire

On the contrary of a realistic system that lets you improve your accuracy (because you get better at using a weapon, so you aim better and reduce recoil), an unrealistic system like +15% DMG present in CP2077 won't. So if the weapon is not accurate, that's it. You're welcome.

Top Bottom